B5 coming to Amazon Prime in June!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    OMG!!!!! I went to see what the SEASON 4 price was this morning and SEASON 4 & 5 ARE GONE FROM AMAZON TO PURCHASE!!!!!!! Please someone tell me this is a technical glitch.

EDIT *****CONFIRMED NOT A GLITCH!!!!! I contacted Amazon and the digital versions of Babylon 5 are no longer available to purchase through Amazon Video. License expired without renewal.
    Oh dear. Seems about right.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      OMG!!!!! I went to see what the SEASON 4 price was this morning and SEASON 4 & 5 ARE GONE FROM AMAZON TO PURCHASE!!!!!!! Please someone tell me this is a technical glitch.
      EDIT *****CONFIRMED NOT A GLITCH!!!!! I contacted Amazon and the digital versions of Babylon 5 are no longer available to purchase through Amazon Video. License expired without renewal.
      Looney,
      why hassle around with amazon streaming, when the whole B5 universe is ready on dvd ($91,10) at amazon.com?

https://www.amazon.com/Babylon-Compl...dp/B00COTLTUA/

B5-Stefan

--
      "This means that people of every race, religion, and ethnicity can be fully and equally American.
      It means that bigotry or white supremacy in any form is blasphemy against the American creed.
      "
      [George W. Bush, Oct-19-2017]

Comment

I'm curious, given when you buy some things from amazon you're effectively "renting" them (c.f. numerous kindle books suddenly vanishing from people's l;libraries) did anyone buy it streaming then be told now they can no longer access their content?
        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

I'm curious too.
          - Is this a statement or a question?
          - Do You speak to Looney, to me or to all around here?

B5-Stefan

--
          George W. Bush about the Donald Trump inauguration speech: "That was some weird shit"

Comment

I still have access to everything I purchased, so that means Amazon still has the digital library they just aren't selling it anymore or allowing people who don't own it to stream it. I have no idea how it works, but I can still watch what I purchased through them.
            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

I'll stick with my DVD rips.
              Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                I'm curious, given when you buy some things from amazon you're effectively "renting" them (c.f. numerous kindle books suddenly vanishing from people's l;libraries) did anyone buy it streaming then be told now they can no longer access their content?
                There have been...as far as I know, fewer than 10 or so Kindle books that were taken away. In what way is that at all significant? As for buying video, the few I've bought, I downloaded to my computer so that's in no way 'rented'.

As to Looney's comment, streaming is a separate license from WB which is why it's not streaming any longer. Completely separate from buying it.
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

If you bought it the episodes are still available even if you didn’t download them. Confirmed with my season one purchase so I can still watch the original pilot version.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
                    If you bought it the episodes are still available even if you didn’t download them. Confirmed with my season one purchase so I can still watch the original pilot version.
                    Yes, but here is my question. I fully recognize that I am not extremely tech savvy and I think I have asked this before, but how do I download them? I go into my Amazon on my laptop, the only possible way I know to access the necessary storage capacity, and there is no option for me to download the episodes. If I look on my phone or tablet I get the option to download the episodes, but there is no way there would be enough memory for what would be required. It makes no sense other than it being yet another way to control access because you can only access the download on devices with limited storage capacity and therefore never get all of it.

Please tell me where I am wrong with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Looney View Post

Yes, but here is my question. I fully recognize that I am not extremely tech savvy and I think I have asked this before, but how do I download them? I go into my Amazon on my laptop, the only possible way I know to access the necessary storage capacity, and there is no option for me to download the episodes. If I look on my phone or tablet I get the option to download the episodes, but there is no way there would be enough memory for what would be required. It makes no sense other than it being yet another way to control access because you can only access the download on devices with limited storage capacity and therefore never get all of it.

Please tell me where I am wrong with this?
                      Have you tried running an Android Emulator on your PC, either in Google Chrome, Android Studio, Windroy or BlueStacks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kraig View Post

Have you tried running an Android Emulator on your PC, either in Google Chrome, Android Studio, Windroy or BlueStacks?
                        Oooo no. Thanks for the suggestion Kraig.

Comment

Working...
                        X