B5 coming to Amazon Prime in June!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Are you saying the Vudu Digital Copies are 4:3, Sense8ional?
    With the exception of The Gathering (the weird sci-fi channel faux widescreen for some reason), TKO, Severed Dreams, The Paragon of Animals, and Sleeping in Light yes the Vudu episodes are all the original 4:3 versions. It is my favorite version to watch since the EFX look so much better and you do not see the weird dust patterns on the live action shots that are on some episodes on the DVD.
    Last edited by JoeD80; 05-22-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

A few years ago there was also a fan driven “remaster” of the 4:3 version that was available for download over on usenet (all five seasons, the pilot and the TNT movies). No idea if it’s still there and accessible. Never seen it myself, but apparently it looks really good – with the fx and cgi being pretty crisp - all the way up to 1080 resolutions – almost like your seeing a new show basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple F View Post
        A few years ago there was also a fan driven 'remaster' of the 4:3 version that was available for download over on usenet (all five seasons, the pilot and the TNT movies). No idea if it’s still there and accessible. Never seen it myself, but apparently it looks really good – with the fx and cgi being pretty crisp - all the way up to 1080 resolutions – almost like your seeing a new show basically.
        Wow that's cool. Did you ever see Harmy's Despecialized Edition of Star Wars. That was stunning, and such amazing fan dedication to restore the Original Trilogy un-tooled with, because Lucas refused to do it. Represents some serious work and as far as I know Lucasfilm has let them be.

I wish we could get his team on B5 restoration. Ha.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
          Wow that's cool. Did you ever see Harmy's Despecialized Edition of Star Wars. That was stunning, and such amazing fan dedication to restore the Original Trilogy un-tooled with, because Lucas refused to do it. Represents some serious work and as far as I know Lucasfilm has let them be.
          Some time in the next year or so I’m going to actually site down and explore the wonders of the internet when it comes to that sort of thing. I’m hearing a lot of goods things about a lot of unofficial or “fan” projects but just haven’t had the time to dig any of them up. This sounds like another of them . . .dammit.

Did you see this that mojo put together a few years back for original BSG.

https://vimeo.com/112282165
          Last edited by Triple F; 05-23-2018, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple F View Post
            Some time in the next year or so I'm going to actually site down and explore the wonders of the internet when it comes to that sort of thing. I’m hearing a lot of goods things about a lot of unofficial or “fan” projects but just haven’t had the time to dig any of them up. This sounds like another of them . . .dammit.

Did you see this that mojo put together a few years back for original BSG.

https://vimeo.com/112282165
            Yeah, I saw that. Really cool.
            Last edited by Ubik; 05-23-2018, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I don't know if anyone did this yet, but I went ahead and contacted Amazon to see what I could learn. Here is the quote from the transcript session I had with Saba at Amazon.com.

"I've just checked it Joseph, as far as I know it will be available globally. But I am not so sure about all the countries as it depends on the content providers permissions."

So it all depends on whether or not Warner Brothers has approved the availability in countries outside the U.S. Once again the blame can be placed on WB's shoulders if something goes wrong with this.
              Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

So, this is USA only apparently. Not quite the earth shattering event I had hoped for.

Comment

So, this is USA only apparently. Not quite the earth shattering event I had hoped for.
                  I'm encouraging people to contact Amazon especially today. Twitter, FB or their website, contact them!!!

#FreeBabylon5
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    I'm encouraging people to contact Amazon especially today. Twitter, FB or their website, contact them!!!

#FreeBabylon5
                    Is this likely to be a licensing issue though? And yep, will contact Amazon.

Comment

Is this likely to be a licensing issue though? And yep, will contact Amazon.
                      Some folks have mentioned that they think Sky/Pick may have the rights until Oct./Nov. Unlike with Go90, I don't think I ever saw mention of a length of contract for that. But even if it is, seeing a big push in the UK the same day it becomes available in the US may provide an impetus for them to pursue it.
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Or just not in the U.K.? Has anyone heard anything from anywhere else in the world?

Comment

OMG!!!!! I read something and just double checked it.

SEASON 3 is NOT available. I am calling Amazon now.

Comment

OMG!!!!! I read something and just double checked it.

SEASON 3 is NOT available. I am calling Amazon now.
                            We're pretty sure it's a glitch but definitely do contact them.

Re: Other countries - I think we've heard that it's not in Germany and Australia so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                              We're pretty sure it's a glitch but definitely do contact them..
                              Okay so they say they are not sure if it is a technical glitch or if the content provider limited access. They said they are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. So at a minimum they now know there is an issue. Whether or not they can do anything about it remains to be seen.

AND OBTW, the movies are NOT included either.
                              Last edited by Looney; 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Okay so they say they are not sure if it is a technical glitch or if the content provider limited access. They said they are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. So at a minimum they now know there is an issue. Whether or not they can do anything about it remains to be seen.

AND OBTW, the movies are NOT included either.
                                MEHHHHHHH. So underwhelming. Like Amazon were ever going to even consider a restoration. It's laughable in retrospect. Clearly they couldn't give two shits about the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X