Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two questions (Kosh from 1x01 and 1st Technomage book)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions (Kosh from 1x01 and 1st Technomage book)

1. Kosh is shown as a floating white light in the very first episode, in front of Sinclair. But nobody has allegedly seen a vorlon before. And those who do, well, they get shipped to special areas of the government really fast. How come Sinclair didn't see an angel or whatnot? How come he didn't see the whole event as something strange?

2. From the 1st Technomage book. (SPOILERS WITHIN!) When the Circle decides to recall Galen and Isabelle, Elric sends a message to BOTH of them. Galen sees the message, but ignores it as he's cutting through the glass to enter the Shadow bunker. Isabelle doesn't react at all. Later, after Isabelle has been killed, Galen keeps blaming himself for not reading the message when it arrived. But there's no mention of Isabelle ever getting the message in the first place. So, what gives? Did Cavelos screw up?

(Oh and I'm in the middle of the 2nd Technomage book at the moment. Please refrain from discussing the events of the 2nd or the 3rd.)

How come Sinclair didn't see an angel or whatnot?
    One, Sinclair never directly saw Kosh out of the encounter suit in Midnight On The Firing Line. He saw some light behind a barrier and he saw some light flash across the wall as Kosh crossed the floor behind Sinclair's back. But Sinclair never looked directly upon Kosh.

Two, in order for people to see a Vorlon in their angelic form, the Vorlon in question has to be actively influencing them all to see them that way. This need for active influence is what exhausted Kosh after the events of "The Fall Of Night" causing him to have to rest and recover as he tells Sherdian in "Matters Of Honor."

How come he didn't see the whole event as something strange?
    He probably did see it as being strange; but then everything Vorlon was strange then.

Comment

Re: Two questions (Kosh from 1x01 and 1st Technomage book)

Originally posted by elver
      2. From the 1st Technomage book. (SPOILERS WITHIN!) When the Circle decides to recall Galen and Isabelle, Elric sends a message to BOTH of them. Galen sees the message, but ignores it as he's cutting through the glass to enter the Shadow bunker. Isabelle doesn't react at all. Later, after Isabelle has been killed, Galen keeps blaming himself for not reading the message when it arrived. But there's no mention of Isabelle ever getting the message in the first place. So, what gives? Did Cavelos screw up?
      Don't remember that part. Got a page number? It may jog my memory when I look at it again.
      Mac Breck (KoshN)
      ------------------
      Warner Brothers is Lucy.
      JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
      Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Like KoshN, I'd have to go back and read it for myself, but could it be that Isabelle ignored the message the same way Galen did? And could it be that he didn't know that she got the message?
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Working...
        X