What ever happend to Babylon 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaySeventy8
    sorry to interrupt your discussion about sakai and sinclair. but I like to know if anyone can tell me what exactly the "triluminarium" may be. From most dialogs it must somehow contain something from Valens DNA or at least something similar. but from the looks of it, it seems to be a fragment of a computerchip or so. I really like to know what Valen did to make it glow if anyone who has his DNA comes near it. why are there 3 of it?
    I'm not sure if it's canon or speculation or what, but I've seen somewhere that it is a part of Sinclair's communicator (sorry, don' remember what it is called ).

Br,
    /IamS
    Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
    http://www.babcon.org/

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar In this comic was the phrase "I found her", which some (including me) speculate is a reference to Sakai ...
      Just to add a random element to the discussion, the Freeware (but still cool) B5 Starfury game is called "Babylon 5: I Found Her".

Sadly, only the training missions and a couple of sorties are all that are available for now. What is there, however are excellent -- especially for freeware.

See it at ifh.firstones.com

FP

Comment

The Triluminary was most likely the "Memory" and "CPU" for the machines which rewrote Human & Minbari DNA.

As far as why there were 3, the best explanation is that there were 3 people whose DNA got rewritten:
        Sinclair, Delenn & Sakai.

So, each Triluminary would have had programming specific to the individual it was intended to redo.

They were delivered to Sinclair by Zathras, so it has usually been assumed that they were created by the Great Machine.
        But, the Vorlon have been Everywhere.
        The Triluminaries may very well have been a Vorlon creation.
        Kosh, perhaps.

It wouldn't have been any great feat for a Vorlon to obtain the necessary DNA to program them.
        Or to ensure that each was used by the right person at the right time.

From Sinclair, he'd have known the time schedule for Delenn's transformation.
        Sinclair & Sakai's transformation he'd have been able to Personally supervise.
        From that, it'd be no great trouble for him to build the triluminaries at the correct time and hand them off to Zathras.
        Or to Draal.
        Or to make Zathras Believe he'd gotten them from Draal.

Comment

Originally posted by bakana
          The Triluminary was most likely the "Memory" and "CPU" for the machines which rewrote Human & Minbari DNA.

As far as why there were 3, the best explanation is that there were 3 people whose DNA got rewritten:

So, each Triluminary would have had programming specific to the individual it was intended to redo.

They were delivered to Sinclair by Zathras, so it has usually been assumed that they were created by the Great Machine.
          But, the Vorlon have been Everywhere.
          The Triluminaries may very well have been a Vorlon creation.
          Kosh, perhaps.
          When asked how they came into existence, JMS has stated that the triluminaries originated on Epsilon 3. (http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-5899) That would seem to mean that they were manufactured there. My thought is that they were part of the Great Machine project since they all contribute to the Valen/Sinclair cycle. Now, what the Vorlons may have had to do with the construction of the Great Machine and the Triluminaries is, for me, an open question. I'd offer one observation, though: the Vorlons seem to do DNA manipulation in a tube, not a chrysalis.
          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

"the Vorlons seem to do DNA manipulation in a tube, not a chrysalis."

Well there's more than one way of skinning a Pak Ma'ra.

Who knows what the connections, if any, between the Vorlon and the Great Machine are?
            The weird energy being that occupied Sheridan in Knifes seemed a bit Vorlonesque to me. They certainly seemed to be in on the deal.

The Caretakers race were mostly extinct (exept for the very be-weaponed renegade ship.) and seeing as extinction is more (though not exclusively) a shadow tactic.

Who's to say they weren't Vorlon stooges like the Minbari who came a croper of Shadow interference? JMS that's who! I guess it's a mystery sometimes we just don't know things. "As it should be." as Lorien might put it.
            I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by bakana

http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-10743&query=sakai
              This takes away one of the foundations of your speculation... sorry.
              The scandal is the one related to why the Children of Valen had to hide, they were also the children of an unknown alien, Sakai (I'm pretty sure of that interpretation, see here: http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-3065 ).

I personally don't think the triluminary was tuned to anything but Sinclair's DNA (also remember: most genes are shared, about 94% of a chimpanzee genetic code is identical to that of humans for example, it's only a few genes that have the differences that make us unique). The remnants of human DNA in Delenn were enough to allow her transformation, but since it wasn't the whole of it she retained Minbari characteristics.

This, however, would mean that the Minbari genetic code was already quite similar to that of humanity... astronomically impossible, but that's what suspension of disbelief is for.

Occam's razor says the Minbari do everything in trios, had three castes, etc., thus Sinclair/Valen took three triluminaries (circular logic but such is Sinclair's cycle in time).

Three triluminaries might mean that overall he had a nonaluminary. One wonders what if he had assembled it that way
              Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
              James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

i remember seeing the chrysalis machine in WWE, and seeing sinclair put his on top of two other triluminaries, maybe im seeing things wrong but maybe all three were part of the one machine.
                There is a greater darkness than the one we fight, its is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkiller
                  i remember seeing the chrysalis machine in WWE, and seeing sinclair put his on top of two other triluminaries, maybe im seeing things wrong but maybe all three were part of the one machine.
                  IIRC, the triluminary was held by two triangualr pieces of crystal, but those pieces were slotted to accept the triluminary and did not have the "guts" of a triluminary themselves.
                  "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

IIRC, the triluminary was held by two triangualr pieces of crystal, but those pieces were slotted to accept the triluminary and did not have the "guts" of a triluminary themselves.
                    thanks, i guess i was wrong
                    There is a greater darkness than the one we fight, its is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way.

Comment

Working...
                    X