Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    Luicifer was the first being ever created, He was a bright immortal creature of light, He prompted the younger races to seek the knowledge of good and evil and was cast into a bottomless pit in a hellish domain populated by devils and demons. ('ang on that was Lorien wasn't it?)

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    Originally posted by Radhil
    8675309.... the true mark of the Beast...
    Don't you think it's to long to put on the forehead?

Another thing... Satan is not a private name of an angel, but is his "job" or "role".

G-d created many angels to watch and manage this world. Some of them were the "watchers" of the human kind (they were called "the watchers"). But many of those angels saw beatifull women and took them as their wifes. Their children were giants, that devistated the Earth and terrorized the people.
    Many of them tought humans (women in most cases) various subjects - like how to use metal, how to use makeup (yep, angel named Azazel did this ), how to do sorcery, summon spirits and stuff like that.

For that the watchers were downcasted and a judgement was given to them.

They won't be able to ascend to the heavens, they will serve G-d in other role from now on, and when the day of the judgement comes - they die.

I remember only few of their names: Shemhazai, Azazel etc...

They were given a role to be a Satan. So what is the role of a Satan? We can find it in the book of Yov - simply put - their role is to test someone, to test his faith.

Angels are facinating creatures. I've tried to learn about them. They have their orders, there are 4 different types of them. Some of them have weapons and some are ridding a horse.

Links that I've posted previously have all the information about the angels.

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    A balding head, a grey uniform and a bruce willisesque smerk, now that's the sign of the beast, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Dodger "Nice Butt"

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    8675309.... the true mark of the Beast...

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    The seven headed beast with the seven crowns. That the whore of Babylon (ahem) sits on is Rome. Seven hills. 661 was derived by putting Nero's full name through some sort of cipher. Remember at the time Revelations was written Christians could only meet literaly underground. Nero lit the streets with Christian Human torches. He planned elabourate butchery and perpitrated it on any Christian he could find. He, in the eyes of those early Christians was the Antichrist. And the the times they were living in the end of days.
    But we know different. People never change. the battle against the darkness never ends only the names change.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by Shr'eshhhhhh
    The 666 thing was apparently a mis- translation anyway it was (or at least so I've read from mulitible sources) originally 661 and was a reference to Emperor Nero.
    Hang on now, doesn't 7 denote heavenly completeness? Therefore 6 would be a failing to reach heavenly completeness. The ancient jews were also of a habit of repeating things for emphasis, hence 6-6-6 (and Elohim - literally LORD LORD ie Almighty God) The repeated lacking of heavenly completeness ie - the number of the the beast (ie Satan) who absolutely qualify as falling short of heavenly qualities.

As for Nero, mmmm, never got that impression myself - not from the context anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    LOL!!!!!!!!!

(
    Let's discharge this thing

This is the way Geoge Bush is spelled in hebrew

Gimel (g) = 3
    Vav (o) = 6
    Resh (r) = 200
    Gimel (g) = 3

Bet (b) = 2
    Vav (u) = 6
    Shin (sh) = 300

3+6+200+3+2+6+300 = 520
    5+2+0 = 7

7 is a symbol of life actually
    )

Leave a comment:

• Shr'eshhhhhh
    replied
    The 666 thing was apparently a mis- translation anyway it was (or at least so I've read from mulitible sources) originally 661 and was a reference to Emperor Nero.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Well, I don't but the guy who put up this website obviously does.

http://ww2.e-places.net/~admin12/

Tho it's something one could learn easily enough from various sources I daresay.

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta
    If the guy who has published this cited the Gematria rules correctly the follwing would be quite interesting. :

G = 3 (gimel)
    e = 5 (heh)
    o = 70 (ayin)
    r = 200 (resh)
    g = 3 (gimel)
    e = 5 (heh)
    B = 2 (beth)
    u = 70 (ayin)
    s = 300 (shin)
    h = 8 (cheth)

added total = 666 (Antichrist)
    By the way - how is it that you know hebrew?
    (And another thing - I would not spell it this way But it looks funny. Let's spell Kerry! We have to be politcly correct you know )

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    I would have to ivoke some of G'Kar laughter

A ha ha ha ha.. Hhh

It's very funny!

Do you know where the 666 came from?

The first christians believed that in oposite to the holly trinity (Father, Christh and the Holly Gost) there is also an unholly trinity
    (Satan, Antichrist and the evil spirit).

Satan was trying to seduce Christ to leave his path, he took him to the desert, and there Christ saw three latters written at the sky - Shin Shin Shin - letters of hebrew ABC

This is the first letter of word Satan. Those three letters symbolized the unholly trinity. What's interesting - the letter Shin is written the way 6 is written (only upside-down).

I think that some time later those letters were mistaken for a number. A number that I don't know to have any special meaning.

So I'm saying to the satanist guys - I'm sorry - it's just a silly mistake And please - stop killing cats - I have a thing for them.

It's nice to know such things, you know It makes your world more interesting.
    Last edited by Spirit; 10-29-2004, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    If the guy who has published this cited the Gematria rules correctly the follwing would be quite interesting. :

G = 3 (gimel)
    e = 5 (heh)
    o = 70 (ayin)
    r = 200 (resh)
    g = 3 (gimel)
    e = 5 (heh)
    B = 2 (beth)
    u = 70 (ayin)
    s = 300 (shin)
    h = 8 (cheth)

added total = 666 (Antichrist)

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm
    Now I thought (again, from various versions and translations of old testament) that Elohim means (literally) GOD-GOD ie almighty god and is still in itself NOT a name. I think that you are much closer with Jehovah (a strictly modern English version of God's name - but again, there's no doubt over whom we are refering to, regadless of its modern qualities) or perhaps 'Yahweh' (poss phonetically "YA-HA-WAY"). I think that it on this ancient hebrew/aramaeic word on which our version 'Jehovah' is based. It makes no difference to me, I know exactly who I am talking about when I speak that name!
    Moses asked the L-rd "Who are you?" (the thorn-bush in flames scene L-rd speaks for the first time to Moses).
    And L-rd says : "I shall be Who I shall be" ("Aaye asher Aaye")
    - word to word translation.

And the name you used Y-hw-h - it has 4 letters in hebrew, and it is called "the explicit name". Actually this name may have a certain meaning. As many see it - it is a mix of three words - the mix of three forms of verb "to be" - WAS + IS + WILL BE.

And this is to state that He is The Eternal One....

There is onther way to see the meaning of the name.
    There is a thing called Gematria - every letter of hebrew ABC has a number that it corresponds to. Its common to use hebrew letters to specify a number (sometimes).

The explicit name consist of the letters Yod (corresponds to 10), Hey (5) Vav(6) and Hey again (5)

Together the give 26 or 8 in one digit (how do we get 8? Very simple - we summ all digits of 26 : 2+6 = 8)

Every number in Judaism has it's own meaning - 8 is an Eternity
    (it is even written like the symbol of infinity )

Every name (also every human name) has a certain spiritual meaning that can be discovered this way or by many other ways.
    Last edited by Spirit; 10-29-2004, 08:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    Didn't God tell Moses his name was "I AM?"
    Ex 3:14
    God said to Moses, "I am who I am . [1] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

[1]: Or I will be what I will be

EX 3:15:
    "God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD , [1] the God of your fathers- ..."

[1] The Hebrew for LORD sounds like and may be derived from the Hebrew for I am in verse 14.

source:
    http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?passage=Ex+3:15
    Last edited by I love Lyta; 10-29-2004, 01:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spirit
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm
    OK, now I am confused. Really, do you mean to tell me that Jews don't use God's (according to them) ACTUAL NAME?! A race with such a rich religious history and you don't say God's name - that really surprises me! I also do not understand why this should be - from my reading of various versions of the old testament didn't Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, ALL of them use God's name? According to the text, they certainly did. This is why I am confused. Oh, I know it wouldn't be the exact same version of His name, I mean, who speaks ancient hebrew anymore? But even with that, we still use the names Moses and Abraham and even though they are also not in said in extinct hebrew, there is totally no doubt over who we are refering to, is there? Information please....
    There is a commendment (one of the 10) - Not to use His holly
    name for nothing. Yes it was used - at the Day of Atonement every year the high priest was entering most holliest place for all Jews - a chamber with the holly ark that contained the tables of the covenant. This chmber was in the first and the second temple
    that once stood in the middle of Jeusalem - past the wailing wall (which is the last thing remaining of the temple complex), at the place where now the mosques are.

The high priest was saying His holly name - and then waiting - he was given the answer whether the pepople were forgiven for their thins or not.

Now there is no temple anymore and no high priest to do this.
    The only thing that left is part of wall to remember tha days of the glory of our people. (I sound like Centauri hhhh)

Well, yes "G-d" is not a human name - we don't see people called G-d... But! In hebrew "Elokim" (which means G-d. I've changed the "h" with "k" for the same reason I write "G-d") is actually a name of G-d (the same goes for the L-rd etc.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X