Babylon 5 Encyclopedia is HERE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Triple F View Post
    Two things, Jan. With all due respect, I wasn't talking to you. Secondly, I was responding to Nottenst's specific question. . . . It is a discussion board. Though thanks for the suggestions.
    Indeed. You responded to a post over a month old but I note that it seems neither of you could be bothered to follow my suggestion.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Indeed. You responded to a post over a month old but I note that it seems neither of you could be bothered to follow my suggestion.
      Didn't realise time was a factor on acceptable posting. Unfortunately I tend to only pop in here maybe once or three times a month to see if anything new is occurring. I hadn't responded to the question earlier on the off chance someone from B5Books might want to. Though as a de facto representative for them, I guess your reply is it.
      Last edited by Triple F; 05-01-2019, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple F View Post
        Didn't realise time was a factor on acceptable posting. Unfortunately I tend to only pop in here maybe once or three times a month to see if anything new is occurring. I hadn't responded to the question earlier on the off chance someone from B5Books might want to. Though as a de facto representative for them, I guess your reply is it.
        My reply is MY reply, nobody else's. We've had that conversation elsewhere, Tom. When I pass messages along for B5 Books, I make it very clear that I'm doing so. I am in no way their representative at any other time. Why do you keep insisting that I am? It's very easy for me to be myself with my own opinions, you know. It reflects badly on you to continue to insinuate things that you already know aren't true.
        "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post

My reply is MY reply, nobody else's. We've had that conversation elsewhere, Tom. When I pass messages along for B5 Books, I make it very clear that I'm doing so. I am in no way their representative at any other time. Why do you keep insisting that I am? It's very easy for me to be myself with my own opinions, you know. It reflects badly on you to continue to insinuate things that you already know aren't true.
          Describing you as a representative, or even spokesperson for B5 books isn't intended as a slight or anything like that. It's just an observation based on many years of online activity. I appreciate how you might not view yourself in that role, and how it wasn't intentional, but you do genuinely come across as one.

Just the other day, as an example of what I mean by that, you posted this up on the large B5 facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5781...7915293313335/
          As you all know, a major part of the purpose of the #FreeBabylon5campaign is keeping B5 alive in people's minds. Captain Jaclyn asked me to post this and it sounds like fun and fits in whith the FB5 mission:
          --------
          There is a post on Reddit of the video of Claudia opening the babylon 5 encyclopedia. It's getting a lot of heat and it would be fun to see something Babylon 5 hit the front page of reddit.
          If you want to be part of this history click this link and then click this up arrow.

The first person to respond to that post was actually Jaclyn Easton (the owner of B5Books which you refer to as Captain Jaclyn and the person who asked you to make the post), but she was using an account with the name Jacklyne Holzman. . . !?!

Thanks for posting this. We have a real shot Reddit's homepage. What a coup.

Others who work at B5Books are also members of that group yet they asked you to post the message, and you did. . . . That's pretty much the definition of being a spokesperson, especially as they could have posted it up themselves under either their own accounts or one of the others they use. . . . They're also members of JMSNews. . . . .

BTW. Just as an aside. That whole thing trying to promote the encyclopaedia under the guise of promoting the show on Reddit came across as a little tacky and insulting. That's not me talking BTW, but a few folk who contacted me about it, and not believing something that obvious was even attempted. . . Which explains the lack of response both on the FB group and Reddit itself.
          Last edited by Triple F; 05-01-2019, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• You really don't get it, do you? If somebody points something out to me that suits the aims I have as a fan with the #FreeBabylon5 campaign and I post something at their request it means one thing and one thing only: That their aims and mine happen to coincide for that single thing. Why ask me to post it? Because I'm fairly well known in the fan community. As are you. That's the only reason why; I'm simply more visible.

If I were their spokesperson I'd probably get paid for doing so. But, like I said, they pointed out something that fit with my goals. I don't really care if you or those supposed 'few folk who contacted' you believe it or not, really. What I do care about is you deliberately stating things over and over that I've told you are flat-out not true. So quit. Now.

Comment

Working...
            X