Latest Arrow episode had a Babylon 5 reference/joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Arrow episode had a Babylon 5 reference/joke

The episode (S05E06 - So It Begins) begins with the mysterious bad guy, Prometheus, leaving the ominous message "SO IT BEGINS" to Arrow.

A character, Felicity, comments on the message:

"And So it Begins"?
    Whoa. Who knew Prometheus was a Babylon 5 fanboy?
    Don't judge until you've seen it!
    The writers of the episode were Wendy Mericle & Brian Ford Sullivan.
    Last edited by sense8ional; 11-10-2016, 11:10 AM.
    My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Could be.

However, the quote "and so it begins" has been used before in Captain America, all the way back in 1968, so the reference *could* be to that ...

I have had no access to the episode, so unless a character in the show mentions B5, that is a distinct possibility.
    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
      Could be.

However, the quote "and so it begins" has been used before in Captain America, all the way back in 1968, so the reference *could* be to that ...

I have had no access to the episode, so unless a character in the show mentions B5, that is a distinct possibility.
      Which they did. It's online with a screenshot of the message but I'm at work and can't find it.
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
        Could be.

But don't you see that's exactly what happened? Take a look at the OP again! All the lines in the quote are lines Felicity said!

edit Reposting the quote with the definitive proof put in bold:

"And So it Begins"?
        Whoa. Who knew Prometheus was a Babylon 5 fanboy?
        Don't judge until you've seen it!
        My posts are my own opinion and do not represent JMSNews.com's opinions or views. As it's written under my handle I'm "just a fan".

Comment

Working...
        X