DVDs, episodes, subtitles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDs, episodes, subtitles...

Are there estonian subtitles on the DVDs? Or are there, at least, english ones? (For hairing-impaired.)

B5 was once shown in Estonia (subbed) so subtitles do exist, but I have no idea if they're available somehow or not. Probably not.

Besides, a fanmade translation would be tons better, anyway...

Re: DVDs, episodes, subtitles...

Originally posted by elver
    Are there estonian subtitles on the DVDs? Or are there, at least, english ones? (For hairing-impaired.)
    No and Yes.

Comment

There are no Estonian subs on either R1 or R2.
      There are subs in English for Hearing Impaired on the R2 dvd's but not sure about R1.

Babylon 5 was shown in a lot of countries,but only very few subs are actually on the dvd's which is sad.
      Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Edited by the Moderator

This is not the place to talk about pirated software

Edited by the original poster

The moderator was wrong. See the following post: http://jmsnews.net/forums/showthread...0522#post10522
        Last edited by elver; 10-30-2004, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I was trying to figure out what pirated software you were talking about, Ranger1, because there's nothing about that in the thread, when I realized that you must have completely edited the information out of elver's last post. Are we forbidden from even _mentioning_ such things? That seems...Orwellian. It's starting to feel a bit too much like the Bush administration in here...

(And, as an aside, anyone who's read any of my posts over the long run here knows that I am firmly against piracy of intellectual property - but just because I don't approve of piracy doesn't mean I think we should be banned from discussing it. It is, after all, still a free internet - at least theoretically, here in the US.)

Amy

Comment

Originally posted by AislingGrey
            I was trying to figure out what pirated software you were talking about, Ranger1, because there's nothing about that in the thread, when I realized that you must have completely edited the information out of elver's last post. Are we forbidden from even _mentioning_ such things? That seems...Orwellian. It's starting to feel a bit too much like the Bush administration in here...
            From what I understand, Amy, the poster was soliciting more pirated stuff after telling that s/he'd downloaded the entire series. Your fears are unfounded Amy. I think the automatic supposition of Orwellian suppression is going overboard, too.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

So, the message should have been:

This is NOT a good place to solicit pirated materials

Pirates will be introduced to the Narn Bat Squad...
              Last edited by bakana; 10-16-2004, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Amy i don't edit other people post just for the fun of it,that guy was "showing off" that he downloaded all Babylon 5 episodes from the net,not just that,he asked if anyone else would send him subtitles for those ripped Babylon 5 episodes in his own language.

Why do people keep hating me for doing what i suppose to do?

P.S
                "pirated software" was not correct but "pirated material".
                Last edited by Ranger1; 10-16-2004, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakana
                  Pirates will be introduced to the Narn Bat Squad...
                  Oh, where were they this weekend?! Last night I cheesed off a vendor who was selling the B5 Blooper reels at the convention I'm at. He was going on to a customer about how the tape had bloopers from all 5 seasons and I interjected "stolen material and really bad quality, though" and stared him down when he wanted to rebut what I'd said. He didn't make that sale and I noticed that they aren't on his table today. I'm sure the rest of his stuff is bootleg too, but couldn't tell for sure. Bottom feeder....

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I interjected "stolen material and really bad quality, though"
                    Did you also turn him in to the Con Com?
                    Unless they are getting a Cut, they should want him Off their dealer's list.
                    Among other things, several cons have had their dealer's room shut down by the FBI over such things.
                    All it takes is a phone call from someone who feels obligated to report the crime.

Attorneys, for instance.
                    If I remember correctly, attorneys in many states are Required to report any criminal activity they observe.
                    There are a fair number of attorneys among Fandom, just like any other profession.

Comment

<<Attorneys, for instance.
                      If I remember correctly, attorneys in many states are Required to report any criminal activity they observe.>>

Hey, that's kind of like the Nightwatch. We can call it the Copyrightswatch.
                      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Jan and Ranger1, you have to realize, I couldnt' see what was excised, so how could I know the context in which it was removed from our inspection? Ranger1's own message claimed he was editing it because of someone "talking about" pirated software. Actual solicitation is quite different from simply talking about something.

I certainly understand your not wanting people to use this forum as a clearinghouse for pirated materials; maybe if I had known what was going on I wouldn't have been so knee-jerk offended.

Anyway, Ranger1, certainly no hate was involved. Things are pretty weird here in the US, what with our government keeping important information from us and from the media; I apologize if my Bush-induced paranoia rubbed you the wrong way.

And, Z'ha'dumDweller, I loved "Copyrightswatch" - although I would have left it singular.

Amy

Comment

I'm sure the rest of his stuff is bootleg too, but couldn't tell for sure. Bottom feeder....
                          Harumph, harumph....I say send in the narns!!
                          I had the dagger in my hand! And he has the indecency to start dying on his own.

Comment

<<And, Z'ha'dumDweller, I loved "Copyrightswatch" - although I would have left it singular.>>

Well, you'll have to, since I have copyrighted "Copyrightswatch." Don't use it or I'll sue you. I am going to rush and mail myself the singular version, too!

Each lawyer is paid an extra twenty (THOUSAND) dollars a week to report any suspicious activity, no matter how insignificant it may seem. Just don't go to China or you'll be working for that twenty thou.
                            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by AislingGrey
                              Anyway, Ranger1, certainly no hate was involved.
                              Amy
                              No harm done (beside those cold nights wiping my tears off)

Comment

Working...
                              X