Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
    Is Joe a Pantheist?

The Minbari were Pantheist's, for sure. They didn't call it that, of course, but from everything I remember Delenn saying about their religion, everything fits except maybe the human-minbari soul transfers.

A season six of Babylon 5 where Sheridan makes the same mistake and turns the Earth Alliance into an Empire would have been the perfect end to that teaching.

I sometimes wondered if it was fair that the Narn had to sacrifice so much to save everyone else just because they were Narn? It comes awfully close to home if you compare them to a certain earth group.

But their anger and thirst for revenge wasn't really helping them, so I guess Kosh did the best he think of.

I love all the moral debates that B5 draws up and how much it forces us to think.
    Joe has declared himself as an atheist. He does have a *very extensive* knowledge of mythology of all sorts.
    In fact, you could see B5 as an amalgam of many mythologies made into a character based epic story.
    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
      Joe has declared himself as an atheist. He does have a *very extensive* knowledge of mythology of all sorts.
      In fact, you could see B5 as an amalgam of many mythologies made into a character based epic story.

You can be a Pantheist and an Atheist at the same time. I am.

But labels should always be self-identified. So we won't use for any Joe that he doesn't use for himself.

Other than that one Lost Tales eppy there was never any indication that any gods existed anywhere in the B5verse. Religions aplenty but no dieties ala BSG, which was nice.

Comment

A season six of Babylon 5 where Sheridan makes the same mistake and turns the Earth Alliance into an Empire would have been the perfect end to that teaching.
        There are hints of it here and there in season five with the Drazi situation in Paragon, the way he handles the telepaths, and his attempts to get every race to handle the Centauri situation his way in the lead-up to the big war breaking out in And All My Dreams Torn Asunder.

This would have been brought more to the forefront I think if Joe had ended up writing the planned 3-part David Sheridan episode.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
          There are hints of it here and there in season five with the Drazi situation in Paragon, the way he handles the telepaths, and his attempts to get every race to handle the Centauri situation his way in the lead-up to the big war breaking out in And All My Dreams Torn Asunder.

This would have been brought more to the forefront I think if Joe had ended up writing the planned 3-part David Sheridan episode.
          This would have been great. Would have really put a bit more meat on the bones of S5.
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Yes, I wish we would have gotten the David arc. That would have been awesome!!!!

Comment

Agreed. It would have added to the show's themes of past/present/future and the rise and fall of civilizations.
              Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                This would have been great. Would have really put a bit more meat on the bones of S5.
                Yes, I wish we would have gotten the David arc. That would have been awesome!!!!
                Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                Agreed. It would have added to the show's themes of past/present/future and the rise and fall of civilizations.
                We can hope with the advent of Studio JMS that the David arc will eventually come to fruition. Faith manages.

Comment

Working...
                X