Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Peter Jurasik play Mollari again in the new movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Peter Jurasik play Mollari again in the new movie?

They've used ageing makeup on him in "The Gathering"... Out of all the original actors, he's the only one who actually caught up with his character's age.
    And, let's be honest, he was the best thespian on the show. I can't imagine anyone doing the part better than him.
    Why not cast him again in the same role?
    Last edited by strashiLOL; 08-22-2014, 06:29 AM.

Originally posted by strashiLOL View Post
    They've used ageing makeup on him in "The Gathering"... Out of all original actors, he's the only one who actually caught up with his character's age.
    And, let's be honest, he was the best thespian on the show. I can't imagine anyone doing the part better than him.
    Why not cast him again in the same role?
    He probably could, but it might be strangely mismatched with the new cast. Also, we don't even know for sure that there will be a 'Mollari' as such. The ambassadors may be new characters in their own right (I hope so).

Peter was arguably one of the best actors on B5, alongside Andreas. Personally, I'd like to see someone else get a stab at the role of the Centauri ambassador. I don't see this new venture as a way to re-live the existing B5 that we know and love.

I'm all for a clean slate.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

I also wonder how much he would want to play that role again without Andreas. Reboot or not. I would love to see him portray a different character and see what he does with it.

Comment

I agree that it would be highly doubtful that he would want to reprise the role even in the highly unlikely event that JMS would want Londo in the movie. I just hope JMS is able to find GOOD roles for former cast members. I think it is a definite must that Mira, Peter, Walter, Pat, Claudia, Bill, and Bruce be given consideration for good roles. Stephen and Jerry if they want to do it. Then Jason, Marshall, Andrea, Tracy, Josh, Julie, Ed Wasser, Robin, Maggie Egan, Tamlyn, Bill Blair (as some alien of course ), Kim Strauss (who was always great in his multiple roles.), and I could go on and on but you get the idea. Oh yeah, Dylan Neal. He greatly impressed me at Space City Con and I really liked him on Arrow. He was very candid and straight forward.
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          I agree that it would be highly doubtful that he would want to reprise the role even in the highly unlikely event that JMS would want Londo in the movie.
          I don't think it's unlikely at all. In the past when there's been the possibility of new B5 Peter's always said that if JMS wrote it, he'd be there. The loss of Andreas doesn't mean that two characters died that day and since Peter still acts, I'd say it's a good chance he'd want to participate.

But back to the original subject line, while I've no doubt that he *could* play Londo (depending on when the story is set), I'd be content to see him play another role.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            I don't think it's unlikely at all. In the past when there's been the possibility of new B5 Peter's always said that if JMS wrote it, he'd be there. The loss of Andreas doesn't mean that two characters died that day and since Peter still acts, I'd say it's a good chance he'd want to participate.

Jan
            If JMS has already stated that Bruce would have to have a different role then it would be difficult to see anyone else back with the same role. It would be awkward to have the same characters and only certain actors back playing those characters. I also just don't see him using the character of Londo. I think if he is going to do a reboot without G'Kar then he wouldn't use Londo either. I don't think that means the Centauri and Narn are out, but I think those character names might be in this incarnation. But then again, Londo Mollari is a great name to not only say repeatedly, but it is fun to write as well.

And I am certain Peter Jurasik would absolutely love to play another role, especially a great role that he deserves.
            Last edited by Looney; 08-24-2014, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I don't begin to know what might be on JMS' mind, naturally. And I shocked several people when I posted elsewhere that I'd be perfectly fine if JMS changed his mind about not recasting G'Kar because I know that it would be necessary to whatever story he wanted to tell.

But I can most definitely see B5 without G'Kar far more easily than without Londo. G'Kar's part of the story was troublemaker to outcast to wise man and while the character made lots of great speeches, I don't think he was central to the action for most of the show.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I don't begin to know what might be on JMS' mind, naturally. And I shocked several people when I posted elsewhere that I'd be perfectly fine if JMS changed his mind about not recasting G'Kar because I know that it would be necessary to whatever story he wanted to tell.

But I can most definitely see B5 without G'Kar far more easily than without Londo. G'Kar's part of the story was troublemaker to outcast to wise man and while the character made lots of great speeches, I don't think he was central to the action for most of the show.

Jan
                He could also take the Londo / G'Kar dynamic in a different direction than what we got in B5. Or change them both to something different similar to what JJA did on the ST reboot.

Whatever he does, I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Comment

Jan
                  I respectfully disagree, but my opinion might be ever so slightly tainted by my great love for G'Kar. I do see your point that Londo's arc does seem to be more of a driving force of the overall original arc. I do feel the need to stick by my opinion that if all of the original actors don't return to their original roles then none of them can. It just would feel off. As sad as that sounds I really hope JMS comes up with awesome roles for everyone. I just think it would be great to have Peter as a new key figure. . . . OH I just love thinking about all of the possibilities. I can't WAIT for the next big announcement.

Comment

I personally would find it interesting if Peter played the role of the Narn ambassador or a Morden type character.

Comment

I think Peter would be good in any role.

How about second in command of the Babylon Station? They could hire someone like Idris Elba to be the Commander. Or maybe Kim Catrall? She can act if she feels like it.
                      "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                      "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrmling View Post
                        I personally would find it interesting if Peter played the role of the Narn ambassador or a Morden type character.
                        Now there's a cool idea.
                        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrmling View Post
                          Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                          Now there's a cool idea.
                          I agree. As soon as I read that my mind was screaming "Yes!".

Comment

I just now saw this.

What would you like to hear Londo Mollari from Babylon 5 say?

So... the question here is, if you could hear Londo read or perform a thing, what would you have him do? Ideas I've already considered:

Pulp Fiction: 'Ezekiel 25:17'

Opening to Fresh Prince of Bel Air
                            Funny idea, made me laugh.

Comment

To answer the question, "Yes". The character of Londo is one seeking rejuvenation for himself as well his Republic. Mr. Morden, with Londo, got an old man who was kidding himself about the past, a man with aches and pains that were physical and spiritual.

"More", is what many dying people supposedly crave. And now that I write this I notice the name, Mr. Morden. Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X