• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan
    • Oct 2003

Art of Babylon 5 Panel Video

Here's the video of the Friday Art of Babylon 5 panel:

The Art Directors Guild had three panels at the 2014 Comic-Con. The Art of Babylon 5. Motion Picture and Television Illustrators of the Art Directors Guild Film…

Several of the panel are wearing #FreeBabylon5 lanyards. And the campaign gets a shout-out, too.

An expanded version of the panel will be held at the Egyptian Theater Aug. 2 and JMS and other special guests are scheduled to be there.

If you can go, do. They're all great people to meet.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.
  • Looney
    Confirmed User
    • Dec 2010

I REALLY hope there is a way we can get a video of this, or a transcript or something.

This also brings up a big point, is JMS going to use the same creative folks on the reboot? Is his updated vision of B5 going to incorporate their updated visions of what it should look like? What's John C. Flinn III doing right now?
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

• Jan
      • Oct 2003

Well it can't hurt that he's making contact with them again but since he hasn't even written the script yet, who knows?

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Ubik
        Vorlon Visitor
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        I REALLY hope there is a way we can get a video of this, or a transcript or something.

This also brings up a big point, is JMS going to use the same creative folks on the reboot? Is his updated vision of B5 going to incorporate their updated visions of what it should look like? What's John C. Flinn III doing right now?
        I might be being dense here, but see Jan's link above for a video of the panel!

I don't see why they couldn't use Adam "Mojo" Lebowitz and John Teska, who did sterling work on the BSG reboot.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

• Jan
          • Oct 2003

I think Looney's talking about a video of the Saturday panel in Hollywood.

Jan

Comment

• Ubik
            Vorlon Visitor
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            I think Looney's talking about a video of the Saturday panel in Hollywood.

Jan
            Ahhh, my mistake. I'm sure there'll be one!

Comment

• Looney
              Confirmed User
              • Dec 2010

Yes, the Saturday panel is what I meant.

Comment

• Jan
                • Oct 2003

BTW, in addition to JMS, Claudia and Mira will be there!

Wish I could be...

Jan

Comment

• Ubik
                  Vorlon Visitor
                  • Sep 2012

Great panel, very interesting.

Slight correction to the link, you need this one to get directly to the video. The linked video focuses on illustrators and art directors.

I noted that they made mention of a 'production design of B5 book', which I assume will appear via B5 Books. I started a separate thread over in the Scripts forum. Surprised no one else plucked that little bit of info out!

Comment

• Looney
                    Confirmed User
                    • Dec 2010

I just happened upon this bit of news related to this thread. They have a panel at WonderCon 2015 next weekend.

WONDERCON ExHIBIT FLOOR HOURS Friday: 11:30 AM – 7:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Take a Look Back WonderCon 2023 Thank you to everyone who helped make WonderCon 2023 a success! We are incredibly grateful for all our attendees, exhibitors, panelists, volunteers, and participants. We couldn’t create […]

(Sorry it won't link to the specific page, just the Saturday schedule. The panel is scheduled for 5:30pm.)

Sure wish they were going to be at C2E2 in Chicago on April 25TH.
                    Last edited by Looney; 03-29-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Jan
                      • Oct 2003

Thanks, Looney. Boosting the signal over on Facebook. I saw this panel at SDCC last year and it was fun. Met some of them at a signing right afterward and they were all great. It was fun watching them pass their 'B5 at 20' books back and forth autographing them for each other like kids with yearbooks.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                      X