X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Babel-17 View Post
    This might be all anyone would get.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Demolished_Man#Plot

I have that book!!!! It was really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
      I have that book!!!! It was really good.
      Excellent story, indeed ...
      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• Even written by an author who's name some forumites might recognise...
        "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Originally posted by phazedout View Post
          Even written by an author who's name some forumites might recognise...
          Most certainly a well known name.
          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• Is it comic con yet? Is it, huh? Is it, huh? Is it????

I saw on facebook that Jan got her tickets, so it must be coming up fairly soon-ish. I am already to be deeply crushed and disappointed.

*puts on deeply crushed and disappointed hat*

While holding the golden goblet of optimism behind my back

Comment

Is it comic con yet? Is it, huh? Is it, huh? Is it????
              Funny, that's just how I feel! The con is July 20-24. I'll be arriving on Thursday the 21st.

No word yet on what panels JMS will be having when but I've got my trusty recorders ready so I'll be able to report what JMS *actually* says vs what will end up getting mis-reported.
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                Funny, that's just how I feel! The con is July 20-24. I'll be arriving on Thursday the 21st.

No word yet on what panels JMS will be having when but I've got my trusty recorders ready so I'll be able to report what JMS *actually* says vs what will end up getting mis-reported.

Only a month away

A whole month?

And hurraaaaaays we all know we can count on you to bring us the real facts, not the good facts.

If I shrink ray myself, can I hitch a ride in your suitcase? I've always wanted to go to a con, but I'm stuck in down below and Deuce takes all the money I manage to steal.

Comment

If I shrink ray myself, can I hitch a ride in your suitcase? I've always wanted to go to a con, but I'm stuck in down below and Deuce takes all the money I manage to steal.
                  Probably better if I tuck you in my purse - never know if the luggage compartment is pressurized, y'know...
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• An interesting post today on the Babel Conference: Trek.fm Listener's Group Facebook page.
                    I haven't seen any corroboration so maybe just some fan's wishful thinking.

Scott Bakula to make Quantum Leap into Babylon 5 franchise

It was confirmed yesterday that the Star Trek and Quantum Leap actor
                    has shown interest in expanding his acting talents to the once
                    popular science fiction epic Babylon 5.

First shown in 1994 and hailed as a masterpiece by many because of it's 5 season arc, and ground breaking CGI effects of any series of it's time,
                    Babylon 5 looked set to be a sure fire hit. But due to the lack
                    of interest from Warner Brothers in running a fifth season most of
                    the main shorelines were squeezed into the remaining fourth season.

But in the eleventh hour a fifth season was taken up by TNT Network and it was weak in comparison to the previous seasons. Not to mention several movie tie-ins
                    including the revered Legend of the Rangers.

Now J.M.Straczinski is putting his hands in his pockets and funding a rebooting of
                    the Babylon 5 universe, but at the moment no storyline or other actors have been announced.

Scott said at a small press hearing this afternoon:
                    "I am proud to be considered for the main role in one of my all time favorite shows
                    and hope to bring the Babylon 5 franchise back to life".

Comment

• Left over from some April Fool's Day joke, I'm afraid.

No truth (or grammar or spelling) to it at all. Sorry!

Jan

Comment

Left over from some April Fool's Day joke, I'm afraid.

No truth (or grammar or spelling) to it at all. Sorry!

Jan
                        Oh, bummer

Bakula would have made a good Jeffrey Sinclair.

Comment

• Does anyone think that Joe never intended on doing a new B5 movie, that he just wanted to say he was making one, to use as an attention getter for Sense8? The news of the movie 2 years ago got everyone talking about him, which gave him an excellent spotlight to talk about Sense8. And then as soon as his new show is on and doing super well, all talk about the new movie disappears because the news achieved its purpose, and that was all it was ever intended to be?

It's also possible that 2 years ago, he just got all heady with excitement about his new studio and maybe he really did want to do it, and thought, but not realistically, that everyone would be jumping all over themselves to give him money to do it, and that he'd have time to do it. But then time and reality took over.

And maybe there's still a very unrealistic, not-very-well thought out hope that someday he could do it, but he doesn't really have time to think about it very often. With ten million other projects he can't really be expected to think about it.

I wish we could change the title of this thread because it's mocking all of us with false hope from yesteryear. But it was as true as anyone knew back when the thread was started. Prolly I shouldn't have posted, since the best thing would be to just let the thread die.

But I didn't want to start a new thread just to cry in.

Comment

Does anyone think that Joe never intended on doing a new B5 movie, that he just wanted to say he was making one, to use as an attention getter for Sense8? The news of the movie 2 years ago got everyone talking about him, which gave him an excellent spotlight to talk about Sense8. And then as soon as his new show is on and doing super well, all talk about the new movie disappears because the news achieved its purpose, and that was all it was ever intended to be?
                            Nope. <rolls eyes>

Comment

Nope. <rolls eyes>
                              Can you share your viewpoint and thought process?

I know it's super positive, but any specific points?

I mean about JMS, not me. "giggles"

You might not have any thoughts since there are so many other JMS projects to think about, or maybe it's none of my beeswax. *I do have a habit of borrowing people's beeswax without permission sometimes.*

Or did you say it already in other places and I should just go away and read them?

*goes away*
                              Last edited by Delenn_of_Mir; 08-17-2016, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• If there was any pretence my guess might be he's actually hoping to get a TV series going and is using the potential of the film to try and light a fire under WB.
                                Who are you?
                                What do you want?
                                What is the average inflight speed of an unladened swallow?

Comment

Working...
                                X