Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Todd as Captain Lochley.
    I don't know about his brief marriage to Sheridan though

I liked him as Captain Anderson of the Earthforce destroyer Charon in the A Call to Arms movie.

Comment

• Ack, I made a big list and then realized it's one-at-a-time!

Let's start with Teryl Rothery as Delenn

Comment

• Originally posted by moreorless View Post
        $200 million with Cruise would I'd imagine be easier to raise than $100 million without a big star, again not that I'm really pushing for him although I could see him playing a Sinclair like character.
        Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
        Tom Cruise seems to be the guy who is always on the red carpet, and he knows how to play the crowds.

He does sci-fi well, Edge Of Tommorrow and Oblivian for example and he knows how to make an entertaining movie franchise with Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation due out July 31, 2015

He would be a good station commander or maybe a better Garibaldi?
        Originally posted by moreorless View Post
        He would most likely need to star, again he wouldn't be my first choice but honestly I could see him playing a character close to Sinclair, especially if the tension round similar potential involvement in the Minbari is played up. Cruise these days isn't so easy to buy as a standard hero but he plays a strung out/desperate well IMHO.

As you say Cruise and sci fi go together a lot, besides those two you have War of the Worlds and Minority Report.

If JMS is rebooting Babylon 5, he needs to have a slightly younger man play the part of Sheridan, I'd think. But the big thing is, he needs somebody to play Sinclair, and then have the movie series eventually (if there's a sequel) transition to Sheridan.

My choice for actors:

David Boreanaz-Sinclair

Chris Pratt-Sheridan

Garibaldi-Antonio Sabato Jr.

Delenn-Scarlett Johanson

Susan Ivanova-Anne Hathaway

Franklin-Shemar Moore

Mollari-Roberto Benigni

Vir-Masi Oka

Comment

• Originally posted by moreorless View Post
          ...I could see him playing a Sinclair like character.
          I just died a little inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nastastu View Post
            I just died a little inside.
            Again it would be far from my first choice but it could potentially be a character similar to previous Cruise roles if it was more focused on the tension and mystery. What I couldn't see Cruise playing is more of a Sheridan role, that is a war leader bringing races/characters together to fight the shadows or a corrupted earth.

Originally posted by Dr. Fares
            If JMS is rebooting Babylon 5, he needs to have a slightly younger man play the part of Sheridan, I'd think. But the big thing is, he needs somebody to play Sinclair, and then have the movie series eventually (if there's a sequel) transition to Sheridan.

My choice for actors:

David Boreanaz-Sinclair

Chris Pratt-Sheridan

Garibaldi-Antonio Sabato Jr.

Delenn-Scarlett Johanson

Susan Ivanova-Anne Hathaway

Franklin-Shemar Moore
            Babylon 5, your last best hope for a modelling career?

Anne Hathaway as Ivanova does seem like a potentially good casting although again this does assume were looking at a pretty close retelling of the B5 story where as I can think of a few reasons why this might not be the case.

Most obviously were now potentially talking about a film not a TV series, even if the plan were for a series of films I would suggest that would make it very difficult to have as many characters with a good deal of depth as well and to have a number of different plots running concurrently.

Then as mentioned a few posts ago whilst B5 might be rather more popular than many believe its likely not popular enough with the general public to draw the kind of audience a $100 million film needs. Added to that I would say the popularity it has isn't so totally tied up in the characters , the original Trek really always was about Kirk/Spock/Bones so its natural the remake would revisit them where as B5 was also sold on the wider plot/concepts.

Finally your talking about the same writer/producer remaking his own work not someone else looking to put a spin on anothers work. I could well see JMS taking the view that the characters as they are were too tied up to the original actors and that generally he'd told the story as it was as well as he could. Maybe take a similar more streamlined premise and plug a smaller number of new characters into it?
            Last edited by moreorless; 04-04-2015, 12:35 PM.
            Who are you?
            What do you want?
            What is the average inflight speed of an unladened swallow?

Comment

• Peter Woodward as G'Kar...

Although I often found Galen a bit over the top in terms of acting, I think that's was how the character was envisaged and Woodward delivered accordingly. I think he could totally pull off G'Kar and do something more understated.
              Last edited by Ubik; 04-04-2015, 02:33 PM.
              Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                Peter Woodward as G'Kar...
                That had never even crossed my mind but now that you mention it...that just might work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nastastu View Post
                  That had never even crossed my mind but now that you mention it...that just might work.
                  Yeah, I mean you can NEVER replace Andreas, but I think Peter would do a good job. Given we're talking hypotheticals anyway. I'd also love to see Peter Jurasik have a crack at it.
                  Last edited by Ubik; 04-06-2015, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I mean you can NEVER replace Andreas, but I think Peter would do a good job. Given we're talking hypotheticals anyway. I'd also love to see Peter Jurasik have a crack at it.
                    I think that would be *amazing*! Only Peter knows the discussions he and Andreas had when deciding how to perform against each other. He could play it as either an homage or completely different. Either one could be great.

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      I think that would be *amazing*! Only Peter knows the discussions he and Andreas had when deciding how to perform against each other. He could play it as either an homage or completely different. Either one could be great.

Jan
                      It's a shame that 'body swap' episode JMS talked about never happened.

Comment

Yeah, I'm betting that's one reason that he wants to use the original cast in other parts if he can. He *knows* how talented they are.

Jan
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

Jan
                          Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                          Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          Yeah, I'm betting that's one reason that he wants to use the original cast in other parts if he can. He *knows* how talented they are.

Jan
                          Not only does Joe know how talented the original cast is, but after working together over more than five years, Joe and the cast developed an understanding and trust that would be difficult to replicate. He is very familiar with how each of them approaches his material. Joe also understands and writes to their individual and collective psyche.

I would find it interesting to see the 'body swap' episode that Joe has mentioned with Peter Jurasik playing both G'Kar and Londo. For that matter, Peter could potentially play both G'Kar and Londo in any future B5 related production.

Comment

• Now that Sense8 is launching, maybe we will hear more about B5 reboot?

I'd like to see the original concept filmed with Sinclair staying with the station for the duration.
                            No Sheridan?? I often forget how many times JMS had to adapt the story due to circumstances beyond his control.

I saw JMS interviewed on Emmy TV Legends - when asked about the story if things had gone to plan, he declined to comment.
                            That would be the movie I want to see.

Comment

• No real news, but here's what JMS recently said in an interview so apparently the plan is still in place.

N: One last question… What can you tell us about the current status of Babylon 5? Will we see more?

JMS: I still maintain the film rights to Babylon 5, although Warners owns the television rights. I would love to do a feature film in the Babylon 5 universe and kind of reboot that for a larger audience, with a proper budget that we never had on the series. So I’m hoping this year to write a B5 screenplay, and then get it financed at a proper level and then do it in 2016 and reboot the franchise. It couldn’t be a continuation because we’ve lost several actors and not enough folks saw the original. It would be a reboot.
                              http://nerdist.com/exclusive-j-micha...series-sense8/

Jan

Comment

• JANNNNNNN ! ! ! Make him start saying "The script is done."
                                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Working...
                                X