Sinclair and Gkar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sinclair and Gkar

Does anyone else find it somewhat sad that Sinclair never got to know the being that Gkar became? All Sinclair knew was the vindictive Narn that wanted to crush the Centauri at all costs.

Originally posted by Nastastu View Post
    Does anyone else find it somewhat sad that Sinclair never got to know the being that Gkar became? All Sinclair knew was the vindictive Narn that wanted to crush the Centauri at all costs.
    This is something I had not considered before. It is sad that Sinclair does not see G'Kar's redemption.

Comment

It is indeed a shame, but I think the changes made to the story arc necessitated by O'Hare's depearture gave us a far better show in the long run. I for one loved 'War without End', and how it tied in so tightly to 'Babylon Squared'.

Of course this is partly conjecture based on the notes for the original arc; which may very well have changed along the way too if O'Hare had stayed on.

It's always fun to speculate what might have been had Michael O'Hare's health been better.
      Last edited by Ubik; 05-15-2014, 05:01 AM.
      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Nastastu View Post
        Never thought of that but yeah, it is kind of sad. I think they would have liked each other. Certainly after the Battle of the Line, Sinclair would have had a personal viewpoint on "Some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved.", wouldn't he?

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Never thought of that but yeah, it is kind of sad. I think they would have liked each other. Certainly after the Battle of the Line, Sinclair would have had a personal viewpoint on "Some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved.", wouldn't he?

Jan
          Absolutely!

In fact, this thread got me thinking that they are cut from similar cloth, not initially, but both characters end up at a similar end point. More at peace and wise for their experiences.

G'Kar in his later days (as a spiritual leader) reminds me a great deal of Sinclair's calm and wise demeanor as Valen (and even before that as Commander of B5).

Comment

I'm not saying this to be flip, but I think he would have been aware of it, partly from information coming through his postion as Ranger One, and also Kosh or another Vorlon may have told him. Probably Kosh, he was always the talkative one.
            "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
            "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
              I'm not saying this to be flip, but I think he would have been aware of it, partly from information coming through his postion as Ranger One, and also Kosh or another Vorlon may have told him. Probably Kosh, he was always the talkative one.
              True!

I think the OP may have have been alluding to Sinclair staying in post as commander of B5...

Comment

That's a good point, that Sinclair may very well have known about G'Kar's enlightenment. But it's also true that Sinclair never got to know the 'new G'Kar.

I'd have loved to see the enlightened G'Kar, Delenn and Sinclair interact!

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I think it would have been nice to have a scene with Sinclair and Gkar in War Without End. Something like a short turbo-lift ride where Sinclair comments on the change within Gkar. This was before Gkar's full transformation but he was certainly headed down the right path after Dust to Dust.

Comment

Working...
                  X