What ever happened to...[character]...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben-Thayer Dunnthaedt
    I guess you didn't read my last post where I said it was too small of an issue to worry about, and that it should be put to bed. I agree with Malloy, arguing is hard and I want to stop.
    Arguing is hard? I never noticed!

I understand your point (that making statements is hard when people want to pick them apart and you are just being amiably communicative) but understand also that people like me also want to debate the trivia and sometimes don't know the difference.

So peace, my friend. For what it is worth, I agree with you, but won't argue the point!
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
      She's the one who told about excavating the Shadow ship on Mars, wasn't she?
      Yes, but she didn't have a moderator hat (unlike some) and so we ignored her, to our ruin.
      I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
        Whatever happened to... Laurel Takashima?
        The Shadows got her. Not even a reference in the series as a whole. maybe she pissed off Someone Big and they decided not to even leave the possibilty of a return?

Comment

I thought Laurel was on some secret mission but we never heard from her again it would have been nice had JMS mentioned her in the series or better yet seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Satai Delenn
            I thought Laurel was on some secret mission but we never heard from her again it would have been nice had JMS mentioned her in the series or better yet seen.
            The actress was uncomfortable with the role, so JMS killed her off and went with someone else. Takeshima would have shot Garibaldi. Now that would have hit us upside the head...
            "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

JMS didn't kill Takashima off.

jms: On a classified mission (which I hope we will be able to get into at some point), Laurel has been reassigned out on the Rim, and Dr. Kyle is now working with the EA President on the issue of alien migration to Earth, a growing problem to some, a benefit to others.
              The "kill her off" story is most likely a misreading of the discussion quoted below where JMS was talking about both the Takashima character and a character in Captain Power that he DID kill off when the actress resigned.

As to keeping around Laurel Takashima... believe me, I have every intention of doing so.
              The reason Pilot was killed off in C.P. was due to the actress's desire to take on some film roles and leave the show.
              So I decided, "Okay, if we're going to lose a character, let's not wimp out and have her transferred, let's kill her, but kill her in a dramatic way that changes not only the characters, but the nature of the show itself."
              Which is why, when she went, she took the whole base of operations of our main characters with
              her.
              Remember that ships sent to the RIM go out for Years at a time and don't come back until they run out of supplies or need major repairs.

95-12-01 03:45:08
              The reason Laurel Takashima/Tamlyn Tomita is not currently on the show is because the actress didn't feel really comfortable in the role of a military commander, and felt she might do better in other kinds of roles, such as that which came along about the same time in a major motion picture; she is now a highly-sought-after film performer.
              When she opted out, I went instantly after Julie Nickson, an asian actress to play Catherine Sakai, Sinclair's love interest, a recurring role in the show.

jms

Comment

Maybe Laurel went off to start a fair trade coffee plantation on Mars. I'd like to find out what happened to all the patients that Dr Franklyn had ever attempted to seduce over the years. We know Coco from fame didn't make it but what about the others. And did jinxo ever find the grail?
                Was it this that cured the Earth of the Drakh plague?
                I have the wings for Bingo.

Comment

Working...
                X