X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakana
    Grace Una as Alisa Beldon.

The young Telepath who went to Minbar in Legacies

I always wondered if JMS had planned to bring her back sometime...
    Fiona Avery wrote a short story about Alisa called 'True Seeker' for the Official Babylon 5 Magazine. It's set several years after the events in 'Legacies'.

Let's hope that someday all of the short stories will be published in an anthology.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Grace Una as Alisa Beldon.
      I never cared much for the actress, or the character - neither in the episode nor the short story.

As for Grace, she hasn't done much else besides Babylon 5 (and nothing since 2000), but I found an interesting credit in imdb.com: in 1995, she was in a tv movie about Mia Farrow, playing Soon-Yi Previn (later Allen - but then I'll start thinking about incestuous pedophilia and feel like I need a shower, so let's not even discuss that!).

Amy

Comment

It occurs to me that there is almost certainly a "missing" chunk of story between Sinclair and Alisa Beldon.

At some point while he was twiddling his thumbs as Ambassador to Minbar, then getting the Rangers back up to speed, he'd almost certainly have checked to see how she was doing.
        Probably as often as possible.

Unless the Minbari made it impossible for him to contact her, Sinclair's character makes it a certainty that he'd want to make sure she was safe and happy.

He ws the sort of person who'd feel it was his duty to fill in for her father.
        Besides, he Liked the kid...

Comment

True, but while Sinclair was an ambassador, the Minbari made it impossible for him to do anything... (for the most part).
          "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

What ever happened to.....

We all know the story of General Hague/Robert Foxworth pulling out to do Trek instead, but it got me thinking about others.

What ever happened to Senator Hidoshi ? I've done a search and JMS simply says he's out of office. Is there a story why the actor was not re-used ?
            *Den-Sha*

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
              What ever happened to Senator Hidoshi ? I've done a search and JMS simply says he's out of office. Is there a story why the actor was not re-used ?
              I don't know a story, but I took a quick look at Ali Aleong's IMDB entry and he hasn't stopped working, nor has he stopped doing TV guest appearances. Given the size of the roles, I can't imagine he was demanding too much money or was too difficult to work with, so in the realm of pure speculation, I have these thoughts in no particular order of preference:

When the next opportunity arose, the actor wasn't available, so rather than jumping back and forth, JMS just had him leave office and wrote around the role.

JMS envisioned a relationship between Sinclair and Hidoshi, but when SInclair left, that thread got dropped.

JMS always intended for the ascension of Clark to be accompanied by a changing of the guard. Hidoshi was more moderate.
              "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Those are good points WorkerCaste. The other thought I had was that after the debacle of Ari Ben Zayne caused in 'Eyes', the 'Senate Oversight Committee' kept a low profile and then an invisible one after Clark took over.

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

In one of those uber-geek B5 fan dream possibilities, it would have been kinda cool if Hidoshi had been one of those in the group that went to arrest Clark when Sheridan's fleet arrived at Earth.

(Just for the record, so that no one will jump on me as some are wont to do, I'm not nitpicking. I like the lady actor used quite a bit. It's just one of those gooshy dream would-be-cool what-ifs.)

As for characters from "Eyes," personally, I've always wanted to see more from Harriman Gray. A lot of teeps in the show can easily feel considerably one-dimensional to me, Gray was one that always seemed way more than one dimensional from what we see of him in "Eyes."
                  Last edited by vacantlook; 09-29-2004, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook

As for characters from "Eyes," personally, I've always wanted to see more from Harriman Gray. A lot of teeps in the show can easily feel considerably one-dimensional to me, Gray was one that always seemed way more than one dimensional from what we see of him in "Eyes."
                    Yes I think Jeffrey Coombs is a great actor, he was brilliant in that role. Sadly another one who seemed to favour Star Trek. He's done DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.
                    *Den-Sha*

Comment

Yes I think Jeffrey Coombs is a great actor, he was brilliant in that role. Sadly another one who seemed to favour Star Trek. He's done DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.
                      it pays the bills.

i like his work though, saw him last week in Deadwood (pity he got hanged in the first 10 minutes but he does his job well ).
                      Last edited by jal; 09-29-2004, 09:33 AM.
                      "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Originally posted by vacantlook
                        Actually, if memory serves me correctly, Harriman Gray made an appearance in one of the B5 books, "Voices". Unfortunately, it was a rather forgettable book, which may explain why I'm not entirely sure.
                        "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
                          Actually, if memory serves me correctly, Harriman Gray made an appearance in one of the B5 books, "Voices". Unfortunately, it was a rather forgettable book, which may explain why I'm not entirely sure.
                          Yes. Harriman Gray was Bester's assistant in the hunt for Talia.
                          Andrew Swallow

Comment

There was also the cute female officer in C&C who accompanied Corwin during season 1. Wasn't seen ever since...

Comment

Special Intelligence agent David Endawi. He seemed like a real professional guy, but still not a hard ass like some of the other "official visitors."

I wonder what he did when everything went to hell.
                              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunaep
                                There was also the cute female officer in C&C who accompanied Corwin during season 1. Wasn't seen ever since...
                                Ah, yes, I think she was only identified as Tech #1...
                                After reading the comments by JMS on the changes in story due to cast changes from the pilot I always thought likely that Ivanova would have been that "cute female officer in C&C," but in a more prominent fashion. Ivanova would then be promoted once Takashima was revealed as the sleeper agent.

Her departure gave a more prominent role, and even a name, to Tech #2 (Corwin).

I guess you could just attribute her disappearance to being transferred to another military outpost.
                                Or you could run a search in the posts archive...
                                http://jmsnews.com/search.aspx?Start...anne+robertson
                                I think that gives the real answer.
                                Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                                James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Working...
                                X