Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Sci-Fi Series of All Time? Vote Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 votes now, he is fifth
    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Voted. But I wonder why it's a photo of either Bruce or of his appearance in the Tron film rather than of Sheridan. Surely it's not hard to find one.

Jan
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Voted. But I wonder why it's a photo of either Bruce or of his appearance in the Tron film rather than of Sheridan. Surely it's not hard to find one.

Jan
        I've noticed it can be tricky to get pics uploaded to IMDB. I've submitted info to that site on occasion and the only things I've ever had problems with is photos. I remember I tried to submit profile photos to each of the Three Stooges before their pages had photos and it didn't work. And I can think of a few times where I've submitted corrections notices that were ignored for pages that have the wrong pics, like a movie profile pic that has the wrong movie poster as the pic.
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

Jan
          The seven images available for Captain Sheridan on IMDb are at best awful. The remaining image is of President Sheridan. The poll software on IMDb allows the creator of a poll to substitute the image of an actor on the actor's main page in place of the image for a character.

I suspect that the person who created the poll chose to use the image on Bruce Boxleitner 's main page ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000310/ ), rather than use the current image ( http://www.imdb.com/media/rm32753277...?ref_=nm_ov_ph
          ) available selected as the main image for Captain Sheridan ( http://www.imdb.com/media/rm833537536/ch0012565 ).

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          I've noticed it can be tricky to get pics uploaded to IMDB. I've submitted info to that site on occasion and the only things I've ever had problems with is photos. I remember I tried to submit profile photos to each of the Three Stooges before their pages had photos and it didn't work. And I can think of a few times where I've submitted corrections notices that were ignored for pages that have the wrong pics, like a movie profile pic that has the wrong movie poster as the pic.
          IMDb can only use an image if they own it, have the permission to use if for free or have a license to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
            IMDb can only use an image if they own it, have the permission to use if for free or have a license to use it.
            That explains why I was never able to upload photos, but not why they have never listened when I pointed out they were using the wrong photos. I honestly don't remember what happened with the uploading of photos; I just remember for a long time they didn't have pics of the Three Stooges on their profiles and I remember trying to do something about it. I do remember telling them about incorrect photos more recently and never seeing any changes.
            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              That explains why I was never able to upload photos, but not why they have never listened when I pointed out they were using the wrong photos. I honestly don't remember what happened with the uploading of photos; I just remember for a long time they didn't have pics of the Three Stooges on their profiles and I remember trying to do something about it. I do remember telling them about incorrect photos more recently and never seeing any changes.
              Looney, what you stated is a common complaint. I suspect that the IMDb content editors are severely understaffed. If you encounter this problem again, you may wish to report it on IMDb's Get Satisfaction web site:
              https://getsatisfaction.com/imdb

Images for many older films and actors born before the 1950s are missing on their IMDb pages. In many cases, although there are images that are readily available on the internet, it is frequently unclear who owns the copy rights for those images. IMDb has chosen to be very careful when using images without clear ownership.

Comment

Poll: Top Messianic Character / Christ Figure
                http://www.imdb.com/poll/wLT1E3QAGoQ/
                Which of these fictional characters, who replicate the qualities and/or experiences of the biblical Jesus Christ, does it best?

EXCLUDED: Historical and nonfictional individuals, video game characters. LIMITS: Only one character per performer and franchise.

11. Capt. John Sheridan
                Babylon 5 (1994 TV Series), Bruce Boxleitner

Comment

Made him jump into the top 10.
                  Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                  John Sheridan

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonk View Post
                    Made him jump into the top 10.
                    Made him jump at Za'ha'dum
                    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                      Made him jump at Za'ha'dum

So you're his Judas? Can I have the silver when you're gone?

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/poll/4u3dvPMedZo/
                        Poll: Without a Trace?

The new film Gone Girl (2014) is an adaptation of a best-selling thriller about a woman who disappears with no warning. Which of these previous movies about mysterious disappearances is your favorite?

5. Changeling (2008)

= = =

http://www.imdb.com/poll/087ul2sxY5U/
                        IMDb Poll Board Favorite Actresses

These are the favorite actresses of IMDb Poll Board members. Among these, who is your favorite?

10. Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                        X