Babylon 5 Fandom Documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5 Fandom Documentary

Many of you have probably heard about the documentary that Pat Tallman has mentioned and that some of us were interviewed for at Phoenix Comicon. Well, there's a call going out for more fans who'd like to be interviewed. Maggie MacAlpine (who moderated the Fandom Endures panel in Phoenix) wrote:

Calling all Babylon 5 Fans! Would you like to appear in a documentary about the Babylon 5 fandom?.

September 6, 2013 at 12:32pm

Studio JMS has commissioned a documentary about the fans of Babylon 5! If you were at Phoenix Comicon you have run into people making it, perhaps even been interviewed already.

Except we need more! And to that effect, the creator of the documentary has requested that I reach out to the B5 fan community to solicit interviews over webcam!

The details are as follows:

Interview Length: 15-30 minutes depending on the subject and how deeply they answer each question.

Software Needed: Skype, Facetime, or Google Hangouts all work. If you have a webcam he will record the stream!

The Questions: Pretty standard stuff. How did you get into the show? What does it mean to you? The usual.

Format: The interviews can either be recorded live, or you can record yourself at any time and upload it to Youtube or Vimeo.

When will we be filming? In order to accommodate as many schedules and time zones as possible, the answer is anytime except Monday through Friday PST from 8AM-11AM and 1PM to 5PM. Weekends at any time are welcome. Interviews will be running until December, 2013, so there's plenty of time!
    How big a fan do I need to I be? To quote the documentary makers:

"I'm looking for fans from casual to hardcore, all are welcome. The more varied, the better. One of the points of the doc is to talk about the inclusive nature of the show and I want to show that reflected in the fanbase."

That about covers it! Those are interested feel free to respond in the comments or send me a message!
    Thanks to the vagaries of FB, you can't actually respond to her post unless you're her friend. So you can reply here or on the post where I copied it onto this Babylon 5 Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Babylon-5/31257643587

The folks doing the filming are great and I think all of us who were interviewed in Phoenix had a great time.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

sure count me in. This is long overdue.
    There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against such power, governments, and kingdoms, and conquerors cannot stand.
    WE WILL BE FREE!

Comment

You'll need to reply on Facebook, Ranger. You can reply to the post I linked to or PM Maggie there.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I should do this.
        Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

I would have done it, were I not camera shy.

I feel much better *behind* a camera.
          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Since I missed out at Phoenix Comicon due to being somewhat busy, I should try to do something with them.
            Webmaster
            SFTV.org
            B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

If y'all decide you want to, better to reply to the post since I don't think Maggie gets here much.

I've met Steve and Adam (who do the interviews) a couple of times and they're both really great.

Jan

Comment

Working...
              X