Some great and wonderful news :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some great and wonderful news :-)

WB has done something amazing and omg could it get any better? can you belive this? they are so wonderful and totaly excellent for doing this and but by god arnt we all sooooo happy about it and nothing could be more excisting

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...951937-2389265

THE MOVIE box set which was due out on the 27 of septemeber (with 2 less DVD's then the us version) has been put back till the Feb 28 -2005, thank you WB, your so great!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...951937-2389265

Jan 17th for sason 5 througth, but thank you WB :-) its wonderful you care about us and do this for us and brought us such a wonderful show which you like to make money from and in which we are just greatful that you blessed us with the DVD's, and thank you so much for giveing the US crusde in decemeber while we may be wating a good few years we are still happy and nothing could be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by WRTWORTHY; 09-24-2004, 12:05 PM.
    Fortunie favors the Bold

does not no-one agree that this si wonderful news?
    Fortunie favors the Bold

Comment

Maybe there are five guys sitting around a computer logged onto jmsnews.com right now laughing. The computer is at WB Home Video.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

You're obviously upset, WRTWORTHY, but have you investigated at all _why_ the set was moved back? I was annoyed to learn that the Wonderfalls box set was being moved from a Dec. 7 street date in the US to sometime in January, but apparently this was done because Dec. 7 is already a very crowded release date, and they didn't want this property to get lost in the shuffle.

I mean, you can't really believe that Warner Bros. Home Video is sitting around trying to come up with ways to annoy UK B5 fans, can you?

Everything is done for a reason. A _business_ reason. It may suck, you may be annoyed, but they are running a business.

Amy

Comment

I was aggravated at the Wonderfalls push back myself. Argh.
          Radhil Trebors
          Persona Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Radhil
            I was aggravated at the Wonderfalls push back myself. Argh.
            Do you sense a bit of sarcasm in the first post? LOL!

BTW, I agree with you on the Wonderfalls pushback, and second your Argh!
            Mac Breck (KoshN)
            ------------------
            Warner Brothers is Lucy.
            JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
            Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

I am not aggravated, IM totaly happy by this news, could not be any better, ok, a Business decsion, too many box sets are comeing out in decemeber and they did not want to crowd anything, and we all know B5 gets a lot of marketing and publitcy in their box lurnchs and your right, we would not want to upset that would we??
              Fortunie favors the Bold

Comment

The thing is, that there are so many things 'behind the scenes' that can go pear shaped and hold up dvd releases. It reminds me of the Blake's 7 box set that was delayed 4 times. (I waited almost an extra year)

Then saw this :

It is our understanding that the BBC own the rights to the original aired series but B7 Enterprises Limited (who are trying to set up a new series) own the rights to the "name" Blake's 7. As rights holder for the name, they now effectively have a veto over the release of the DVDs of the original aired series. They are currently blocking the release, and have stated various reasons for doing so, including quality and "commercial considerations". They have not gone into details about the commercial considerations, but fannish speculations have included various combinations of:

wanting more money from BBCW (BBC Worldwide) for permission to use the Blake's 7 name
                the release date of the DVDs being manipulated for the benefit of the mini-series project's publicity
                It was eventually released in the U.S before the U.K.

Basically it's business/money as Amy says. For whatever reason the Babylon5 releases are held back, you can bet its to do with money rather than what the fans want. In short, dont let it wind you up so much. Chill baby !
                *Den-Sha*

Comment

I think you're a troll. You've made your opinion known about the DVD releases in the UK a number of times now. The issue has been debated to death. Nothing's going to change. Get over it and stop spamming the boards.

Comment

LOL get over it? I dont think ive complained about it? I have not said a bad word or said I am aganist the fact they have pushed the relase date back to 3005, lol, I am just here thanking WB for it thats all
                    Fortunie favors the Bold

Comment

The sarcastic good cheer routine was funny once, but if keeping it up isn't making you weary, it's certainly making us weary.

Really now, you can't think that WB is doing any of this out of some kind of spite, can you? It's just a business decision, like all business decisions, and only takes two things into consideration: the bottom line, and any legal ramifications.

To think otherwise...well, in the psychology trade, I think they'd call that solipsism, or narcissism. Or maybe delusions of grandeur.

So, to sum up: we know the box sets have been slow to appear in the UK, and we feel for you. Okay?

Amy

Comment

Really now, you can't think that WB is doing any of this out of some kind of spite, can you? It's just a business decision, like all business decisions, and only takes two things into consideration: the bottom line, and any legal ramifications.
                        It is not just the fans that are being annoyed but the big retailers too. A one-month delay the shops can live with. Announcing an August issue date, delaying to November then January tends to make the distributors suspect the competence of their supplier.

For instance PLAY.COM even paid to included the Babylon 5 Movie Collection in their advert in this month's TV Zone magazine. A four months delay will have embarrassed someone at that mail order firm. Shops can fight back; in the UK the super markets stopped selling the Babylon 5 VHS cassettes part way through.
                        Andrew Swallow

Comment

Re: Some great and wonderful news :-)

Well, maybe this is INDEED good news? Because maybe they finally made up their mind, decided to listen to all the UK B5-Fans and to release all 5 movies in the box? Just a thought...

Comment

I'm sincerely happy that season 5 is finally coming out over here, even if I bought it from the USA on its release date. I like to see B5 do well, and for fans from Europe to have a decent chance of watching all the episodes on DVD.

Comment

LOL get over it? I dont think ive complained about it?
                              Such sarcasm (combined with denial of ill intent when challenged) may look clever in a five year old child. When practiced by an adult however, it just makes you look like.... well, a five year old child.

Comment

Working...
                              X