JMSÆs recent posts got me thinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMSÆs recent posts got me thinking...

Given the delight with which we quote JMS posts in our many and varied discussions, I find myself wondering what his level of participation in the future will be. Obviously, when thereÆs less going on the in the B5 world, he has less to say in general posts, but does it seem to anyone else like heÆs getting more than his share of frustration from the exchange these days? Is it just that thereÆs so much he canÆt say, that the porportions seem higher? When the lid comes off to some extent, do you think weÆll get the same kind of insights into production that we got with the production of the series?

What do people think?
    "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Re: JMSÆs recent posts got me thinking...

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    When the lid comes off to some extent, do you think weÆll get the same kind of insights into production that we got with the production of the series?
    I'd love to see that...but I don't honestly think we will. JMS committed to the online dialogue when B5 first started and honored that even at the cost of much sleep. He always said that his presence would decrease substantially once the series was over and for the most part it has.

But it'd sure be interesting to see the differences between TV and theatrical movies through the eyes of one just running into them himself.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Re: JMSÆs recent posts got me thinking...

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
      When the lid comes off to some extent, do you think weÆll get the same kind of insights into production that we got with the production of the series?
      Some general updates from time to time, maybe couple of insights but i don't expect anything more. Just like it was with Rangers movie.

Comment

I'd think that with so many projects going on now JMS also has less time to engage in online dialog.
        As long as we get some tidbits about how the process of TMoS is going I'd be happy.
        Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
        James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

So did Jerry answer?

So did Jerry Doyle answer and if so - what did he say?

Mac

Comment

Jerry Doyle answered, but JMS didn't quote that part of the message.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com%26rnum%3D1

I was curious enough to go to Google's archive to find the thread. Note that JMS answer is in a different thread, not as a reply to the original can opener post.
            Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase

Comment

If Jerry isn't in it, it may be a Crusade arc. I don't see it being a B5 arc without Garibaldi.
              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Just FYI JMS never said Jerry was or wasn't going to be in it.

Here's what Jerry said in "the E-mail":

"Haven't seen or heard anything about it. Guess I'm not in it. All the best."

Nothing more, nothing less.

This doesn't mean that he is or isn't in it.

Just trying to close "the can" I opened.
                Sheridan:Well back on Earth we have a saying, "Three's a crowd".
                Delenn:On Minbar Three is sacred.
                Sheridan:I don't think I'm ready for that!

ARK1701

Arlen Roy Kundert

Comment

At this moment I think that everything but the title is in a "we can neither confirm nor deny those rumours" state.
                  So JMS avoided saying anything on whether Jerry would be in, very deliberately I think.

Comment

I never said JMS said he would or wouldn't be in it. I was commenting on Jerry's statement and speculating.
                    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I think

I think if JMS would have just kept his mouth shut then there would not be any problems. He's just as guilty as the fans.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not.

Granted it's not the most tactful post I've ever seen from JMS, but not a "I'm out to get you!!" personal attack by any means either.

And in all fairness keep in mind, I was the one who put the line in my own post saying "(here's where you can slap me up side
                        the head)".

If I wasn't ready to "get it' I shouldn't have "said it".

Live and learn. Such is life.
                        Sheridan:Well back on Earth we have a saying, "Three's a crowd".
                        Delenn:On Minbar Three is sacred.
                        Sheridan:I don't think I'm ready for that!

ARK1701

Arlen Roy Kundert

Comment

Originally posted by ARK1701
                          Maybe, maybe not.

Granted it's not the most tactful post I've ever seen from JMS, but not a "I'm out to get you!!" personal attack by any means either.

And in all fairness keep in mind, I was the one who put the line in my own post saying "(here's where you can slap me up side
                          the head)".

If I wasn't ready to "get it' I shouldn't have "said it".

Live and learn. Such is life.
                          My point is that no one put a gun to JMS's head and said "tell us about any future B5 projects". This game started a year ago and I'm getting pretty tired of it. A hint here, another archaic hint there. And then he gets angry when the fans start getting to curious. Yeah way to go JMS.

Comment

In defence to JMS, I think he is one of the only people I've ever seen in that industry that actually knows what it is like to be a fan himself. He clearly goes above and beyond the call of duty in regards to keeping fans informed. (compared to others in his position)

I think the main problem has arisen from the constant delays. Jms clearly believed an announcement was to come soon, thats why he dropped the hint.

Sadly, for various reasons, an official announcement has been held back, leaving Jms between a rock and a hard place.
                            *Den-Sha*

Comment

Saying "JMS has no right to complain because this is all on the internet and everybody already knows everything" doesn't work because it is obvious from Jerry Doyle's reply that he hadn't heard about any of this and doesn't follow JMS news.

There really is a difference between chatting about this in the newsgroup and personally e-mailing one of the actors to do an "end-run" around JMS to wheedle more information out of someone. There are any number of reasons why Jerry Doyle wouldn't have been made aware of TMoS at this relatively early stage of pre-production which do not mean "Garibaldi's not in it".

Here's one purely hypothetical scenario: WB may be annoyed by Doyle's previous efforts to make an outside deal to revive the show that he could then take as a finished deal to the studio. JMS could have been trying to convince them to use the actor and unable to contact him until they agreed. It would really be a shame if that whole process had been screwed up because a third party told Doyle about TMoS and he's now pissed off thinking that WB and JMS took "his" idea of a B5 revival and tried to do it while freezing him out.

A hint here, another archaic hint there.
                              I think you mean "arcane" hint. "Archaic" means "old-fashioned" and "outdated".

Regards,

Joe
                              Joseph DeMartino
                              Sigh Corps
                              Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Working...
                              X