A bit more behind the scenes type stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit more behind the scenes type stuff

Be a few months before this is uploaded to B5scrolls (as part of a reasonably sized update), but here’s a greatly extended interview with the Emmy award winning Kevin Kutchaver.

It’s more for the technically minded and those interested in the early days of the show, the software used, etc. Knew about lightwave, but didn’t realise the importance of ‘After Effects’ when it came to the making of B5.

Contains a fair range of info though – like the jms story that was removed from the season 1 DVD commentary.

Direct link to the interview on the testing system.
    http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scro...lsTest13K2.htm

Link to the post about this on the facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Last edited by Triple F; 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM.

What a wonderful informative interview. Thanks for this!
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Good info, particularly about the second season opening credits.
      That sequence was much appreciated.

I had read that the visual FX compositing was done on Macs and now it's nice to have the rest of the story.

I had also bought the original DVD releases of Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles to hear Ron Thornton's war stories on that series too.

Great stuff!

Comment

Yeah. During his ôinterviewö Paul Bryant (the other co-founder of FI) had a great line describing Roughnecks when I asked about it. ôRoughnecks wasn't a bitch, it was a religious experience in much the same way a suicide bomber experiences it.ö

Comment

Originally posted by Triple F View Post
          Yeah. During his ôinterviewö Paul Bryant (the other co-founder of FI) had a great line describing Roughnecks when I asked about it. ôRoughnecks wasn't a bitch, it was a religious experience in much the same way a suicide bomber experiences it.ö
          Lol, that's awesome!

Kevin Kutchaver mentioned using a Quadra 700 back in the day.
          Those were great little machines, mine still works today

Comment

Shiny. I always preferred PC’s back in the stone age. Ironically because of the operating systems, which is a bit of a mute point over the last few years. Still got an ancient 8086 based AT clone with a wopping 5 gig (edit:sorry meg) hard drive up in the loft that still works. Weighs a ton, and sounds like a nuclear reactor powering up, but they certainly built kit to last back then.
            Last edited by Triple F; 12-10-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X