Who Are You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Are You?

(Hmm...Where have I heard that one before...? )

Which character displays traits that you recognize in yourself - good or bad?

I'm going to go with Sinclair. I sometimes have had success at playing whatever game is on a little better than the ones who should be holding the winning hand.

Who's next?

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    (Hmm...Where have I heard that one before...? )

Which character displays traits that you recognize in yourself - good or bad?

I'm going to go with Sinclair. I sometimes have had success at playing whatever game is on a little better than the ones who should be holding the winning hand.

Who's next?

Jan
    Ivanova and Garibaldi

I have the intensity, loyalty and persistence of both.
    They're not my favorite characters (Delenn & G'Kar - I refuse to pick only one!), but I have a deep affection for I & G, and very quickly identified with both.

There have been a few professional situations where "Ivanova's Law" has run thru my brain, when I've been dealing with Pakleds who just didn't get it. I have (barely) resisted speaking it out loud to said Pakleds.
    It was important, Dumbledore said, to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then could evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated...
    - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Comment

Kosh - Why answer a question with multiple possible answers, when "yes" works just as well?

Dureena - I don't tend to look at the world the same way everyone else does. I have my own perspective on ... well, everything.
      "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

ooh I like this question!

Delenn is absolutely my fav character, obviously, but I am nothing like her in real life. So the character that I would have to say I most closely identify with is Marcus.

I understand his love and loyalty for Ivanova, and determination to die for her, as well as his general outlook on life. I'm not as good a fighter, as he is though "giggles"

Comment

Franklin. Stubborn humanist.
          Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

Good question, let me think about that for a sec...G'Kar!
            - or any other Narn in good standing.

I identify with their courage of independence.
            Certainly not the most advanced race they are occasionally competitive, resourceful and subtle when need be.
            Patient but not stoic. Rarely quick to ire, Narns are tempered with a good sense of humor and irony:" It's bad luck to die on an empty stomach"

I like their red eyes, thick skin and spots.
            We both enjoy singing with about the same results.
            Like G'Kar, I'm not very telepathic but a good listener.

G'Kar was a poet (or he had a good writer).
            "I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains."
            Last edited by DaveNarn; 12-03-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Zathras.

Arguably competent in my area of expertise, pretty much a joke elsewhere but with occasional insights.

Comment

This is a hard one... I have my fav B5 characters but they don't necessarily reflect my own personality.

I share some traits with Lennier, I'm quiet and reflective but vocal and strong willed when I need to be. I'm also forever chasing women I can't possibly have!
                Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Londo.

I feel like a washed up old republican that's running through life always late for an appointment.

Also, my shoes are too tight.
                  Last edited by Marsden; 12-06-2012, 12:32 PM.
                  "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                  "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Working...
                  X