Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaveNarn
    replied
    I'd like to think Mira wrote this by the light of a single candle.
    Gracious and insightful - thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Very nice and very moving.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    A friend just pointed me to Mira Furlan's blog and what she wrote about the passing of so many of the B5 actors:

http://www.mirafurlan.net/Blog/blog1.html

Beautiful and powerful writing.

Jan
    Very touching, she writes well and some lessons in there for all of us.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    A friend just pointed me to Mira Furlan's blog and what she wrote about the passing of so many of the B5 actors:

http://www.mirafurlan.net/Blog/blog1.html

Beautiful and powerful writing.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Sinclair's Fan
    replied
    I haven't been online lately, I've been away on holiday, and I've just logged on to discover this tragic news.

I'm absolutely devastated. That may sound a bit much considereing I never met Mr O'Hare, but ever since Day One of Babylon 5, his character, Jeffrey Sinclair, has been my absolute favourite element of the series, and that all comes down to the way the character was written..., and how Mr O'Hare portrayed him.

I even have a wooly jumper I wear in the winter which looks like the one Sinclair wore early on in the series, (was it in 'Midnight on the Firing Line'?), to which I've added an Earthforce Academy patch, just like his.

As I type this, I'm watching the B5 feature-length Pilot film again. Just my little way of keeping him alive, at least on-screen.

And let us not forget Mr O'Hare's fans from outside the B5 Universe, where he was a hugely successful and influential stage actor. No doubt those fans will miss him too.

I can only imagine what his family and friends are going through, and I hope it gives them at least some small comfort to know that Mr O'Hare meant so much to all of us. Hopefully someone can pass on the sentiments expressed in this forum.

As Sinclair himself might've said, "Rest now, old friend."

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    I'm going to re read To Dream in the City of Sorrows. I know he didn't write the book, but he gave life to the character and I hear his voice when I read it. I was intending to read it again anyway, but now it seems different. Like rewatching the episodes.

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    From her twitter

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Where did you find it, JoeD80?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Just saw this:

Originally posted by Ruth O'Hare
    Thank you to everyone [for] their condolences. It means a lot that so many people remember Michael with such fondness.

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    Terrible - so young.

Leave a comment:

• Bonehead
    replied
    So sad to hear of him go.
    We always seem to loose the best ones. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

R.I.P old friend

Leave a comment:

• Sindred
    replied
    RIP. He will be remembered fondly.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Glad to see you again, John and the rest of the less frequently seen posters. Wish it were for a happier ocassion.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• jahkneebee
    replied
    Sad times bring us all
    Out of the woodwork en masse
    Our best times to share.

John Brittain

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Michael's son Ben posted on JMS' wall:

Originally posted by Ben Davidson
    Hello all, I'm Ben Davidson, Michael O'Hare's son. Although not by blood, he lived with my mom and I from about age 4 to 12, and he remained my primary father figure ever since. We never liked the phrase "step" son or dad, as we didn't see any difference. As you may know Michael was a private man, and there's not much public information on this, but I'm sure Joe will confirm this if anyone cares.

This was a sudden loss, and the last week has been terribly sad to say the least. I was there with him on Friday as he passed from this earth, and want you to know it was peaceful.

I'm just getting home now and starting to search a little, and see the reports of his death, but what has struck me this evening is the huge number of fans that are sharing their kind thoughts and memories.

Michael wasn't online much, and didn't really knew how many people continued to enjoy his work, but I'm certain he would have been truly honored. I know that it has been a comfort to me, and I will be sure to convey this to his brother Mark, his parents, and I hope eventually his young daughter Audrey.

I'd like to thank Joe for his giving people a place to share, and his championing of Michael in the role. B5 was a highlight of Michael's career and life, and I know he respected Joe and the whole team deeply. I remember being on set all those years ago, and Joe very kindly got me involved with the FX team which I was fascinated with.

My deepest thanks to all of you, your words have eased my heart, and I take solace in the fact Michael will live on through his work and fans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X