RIP Michael O'Hare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible - so young.
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
    John Sheridan

Comment

Just saw this:

Originally posted by Ruth O'Hare
      Thank you to everyone [for] their condolences. It means a lot that so many people remember Michael with such fondness.

Comment

Where did you find it, JoeD80?

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

From her twitter

Comment

I'm going to re read To Dream in the City of Sorrows. I know he didn't write the book, but he gave life to the character and I hear his voice when I read it. I was intending to read it again anyway, but now it seems different. Like rewatching the episodes.
            "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
            "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

I haven't been online lately, I've been away on holiday, and I've just logged on to discover this tragic news.

I'm absolutely devastated. That may sound a bit much considereing I never met Mr O'Hare, but ever since Day One of Babylon 5, his character, Jeffrey Sinclair, has been my absolute favourite element of the series, and that all comes down to the way the character was written..., and how Mr O'Hare portrayed him.

I even have a wooly jumper I wear in the winter which looks like the one Sinclair wore early on in the series, (was it in 'Midnight on the Firing Line'?), to which I've added an Earthforce Academy patch, just like his.

As I type this, I'm watching the B5 feature-length Pilot film again. Just my little way of keeping him alive, at least on-screen.

And let us not forget Mr O'Hare's fans from outside the B5 Universe, where he was a hugely successful and influential stage actor. No doubt those fans will miss him too.

I can only imagine what his family and friends are going through, and I hope it gives them at least some small comfort to know that Mr O'Hare meant so much to all of us. Hopefully someone can pass on the sentiments expressed in this forum.

As Sinclair himself might've said, "Rest now, old friend."

Comment

A friend just pointed me to Mira Furlan's blog and what she wrote about the passing of so many of the B5 actors:

http://www.mirafurlan.net/Blog/blog1.html

Beautiful and powerful writing.

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  A friend just pointed me to Mira Furlan's blog and what she wrote about the passing of so many of the B5 actors:

http://www.mirafurlan.net/Blog/blog1.html

Beautiful and powerful writing.

Jan
                  Very touching, she writes well and some lessons in there for all of us.
                  Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Very nice and very moving.
                    "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

I'd like to think Mira wrote this by the light of a single candle.
                      Gracious and insightful - thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                      X