Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Michael O'Hare

JMS just posted this on his Facebook page a few minutes ago:

I regret that I must convey the sad news that Michael O'Hare passed away today. He suffered a heart attack on Sunday and was in a coma until his passing this afternoon. This is a terrible loss for all B5 fans and everyone involved with the show wishes to convey their condolences to the O'Hare family. He was an amazing man.

RIP Michael O'Hare

JMS just posted:

Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
    I regret that I must convey the sad news that Michael O'Hare passed away today. He suffered a heart attack on Sunday and was in a coma until his passing this afternoon. This is a terrible loss for all B5 fans and everyone involved with the show wishes to convey their condolences to the O'Hare family. He was an amazing man.
    So sorry for his friends and fans. I never met him but loved his acting as Sinclair.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

[sigh] Nothing's the same anymore. I never met him, either, and also loved his acting as Sinclair.
      Last edited by KoshN; 09-29-2012, 01:06 AM.
      Mac Breck (KoshN)
      ------------------
      Warner Brothers is Lucy.
      JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
      Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Damn.

RIP, Michael
        "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

I think we can all agree with this:

Richard Biggs. Andreas Katsulas. Jeff Conaway. Tim Choate. Michael O'Hare. Enough already. Go pick on somebody else's cast.
          And those are 'just' the most well known. Omaha, do you still have the In Memorium page for all the cast who've gone Beyond the Rim?

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Oh crap.

My condolences to his family and all affected by this terrible news.

I find myself more moved by this news then I expected. He was never my favorite character, but he helped set a tone that carried through the entire run of the show.

His absence from public life did not diminish the strength of his performances. Hopefully he has found a measure of peace.
            What a wonderful world you live in. -
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              I think we can all agree with this:

And those are 'just' the most well known. Omaha, do you still have the In Memorium page for all the cast who've gone Beyond the Rim?

Jan
              http://www.isnanchordesk.com/mem/mem.html
              "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Much to young.

ComicMix.com has a view nice things to say about Michael O'Hare as well as the season one B5 intro (his narration). Seems like a fitting epitaph.

http://www.comicmix.com/news/obituar...el-ohare-2012/

Comment

From the stars we came - to the stars we return - till the end of time . . .

He is the closed circle - he is returning to the beginning.

- and finally :
                  To absent friends, in memory still bright.
                  Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

This is one of those things that you know will happen some day and you hope, whenever you remember them, that it is not going to happen any time soon. And I often think of Michael O'Hare and the role of Sinclair, that means so much to me personally. I missed him dearly ever since B5 and will do now even more.
                    Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

It's been a bad year for actors:

Michael Clarke Duncan
                      Herbert Lom
                      Michael O'Hare

Mac Breck (KoshN)
                      ------------------
                      Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                      JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                      Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

He was my favorite Commander(/Captain) of B5 and one of my favorite characters.

I loved his performance as Sinclair. He was a belivable military commander and he portrayed the scars and the heavy burden greatly. Loved his voice and his opening narration. I felt he had the greatest chemnistry with Garibaldi and also a great one with G'Kar, Londo and Delenn.
                        He imo also pulled the tough/decisive part much better of than Boxleitner/Sheridan most of the time.

RIP Mr. O'Hare
                        Last edited by Lope de Aguirre; 09-29-2012, 04:45 PM.
                        My UHD, Blu-Ray and DVD Collection

Comment

Goodbye the One Who Was. Sad news.

Comment

JMS passed along a message from Michael O'Hare's brother Mark:

Because I don't want it to be lost in the flood of messages downstream, I'm reprinting here the note from Mark O'Hare, Michael's brother, posted via Rita Moran O'Hare's page.
                            Originally posted by Mikes Brother 'Mark
                            : Sorry all I must admit I am not a Facebook user. This was just shown to me. I want all of Mikes friends and fans a like to know that our family very much appreciates and thank you for all the kind th
                            oughts and words. He was not only my brother but a great friend who I will miss terribly. I can tell you he loved life his craft and being on B5 and all those associated with the show from creator, cast, crew and fans. This all happened so fast it is still a blur to us. This past Sunday he had heart attack. The hospital did every thing they could to save him. Unfortunately it took some 50 minutes to revive him. Though we knew this to be a very long time and feared the worse. We still hoped and prayed that just maybe he could some how pull through. But in the end it just was not to be. It is just so sad the way it turned out. He just never came out of a coma and when he was declared in vegetative state with no more than once percent of brain functions. We the family were just heart broken. We knew mike would never want to go on with this so we entered him in Hospice for a peaceful and painless passing. Mike will now be reunited with his younger brother and sister whom we lost a while back. So we the family is comforted to know he will be with them again. Again thank you. Mike I am sure is smiling down knowing that he was able to touch so many with his craft. God Bless."

Comment

My condolences to Ruth O'Hare, their son and Michael's family.

This is an unexpected shock.

Comment

Working...
                              X