Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Studio JMS change anything for Babylon 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Is there a point to you replying only to yourself, dregj? We get that you don't care for Tracy Scoggins. Isn't there anything in the other 20-odd posts since you made that point that you want to respond to at all?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• dregj
    replied
    Originally posted by dregj View Post
    cleary some of the decisions on his watch were made with influence from higher ups
    i always wondered
    was it his choice to cast tracey scoggins in the lost tales
    i kinda thought she was one of the worst things about season 5
    and the they bring her back again?

lets not forget most of marcus cole's dialogue
    and grey 17 is missing

he very good but he has faults

like his before watchmen scabery
    found her almost unwatchable in B5 ,absolutely amazed they decided to cast her again.i could kind of understand one horrible mistake but they put her in everything b5 after teh show finished.i suppose she must work very cheap

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Animated like Pixar/Shrek quality, that would be great. Animated like Filmation (which did animated Star Trek) I'm not sure.

I'd like to disagree with you, DaveNarn, on the Star Trek being awful. It did suffer from being reduced to a half hour format, and cheap animation and repetitive background music. I just don't think those are the most important things, but I don't think I should discuss it further here.

Leave a comment:

• Delenn_of_Mir
    replied
    Oopsadoodle on my egregious spelling B5 movie title spellings. I deeply apologize!!!!

I was happy to see so many posts praising Tracy's performance. I thought it was quite fun, having her be Sheridan's first wife and would have loved if there would have been time to more deeply develop how her role on the other side of the Earth Civil War had affected her personally, and how it affected her relationships with B5 staff, etc. What we got between her and Garibaldi was quite good!

I also liked Tessa Halloran muchly, and was disappointed to not see more of her. I remember wishing she would have joined the B5 staff.

I believe I've only watched Crusade through once, so I don't remember Marjean's character at all.

Galen was my favorite character, and he is the one I remember the most.

And lastly, a B5 animated series would be awetastic!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DaveNarn
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
    I think there was a thread awhile back discussing the B5 animated idea.
    Found it, thanks.

Most against than with , but the idea of B5 muppets cracks me up!

Originally posted by Spoo Junky View Post
    I wouldn't want to see an animated version of B5, to me that's like having those muppet type characters on Farscape. I tried watching that show a few times but I just couldn't get into it. I'm not against animated series in general, though.
    Last edited by DaveNarn; 09-09-2012, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    I think there was a thread awhile back discussing the B5 animated idea.

Leave a comment:

• DaveNarn
    replied
    If WB didn't have B5 locked away in a box stored in a cold vault behind a heavy bank door, I wonder if it or Crusade could be recast as an animated series?

I doubt the tv networks would be interested so I'd be happy to pay a nominal subscription fee for online access to the weekly series.

Any ideas if a project of this smaller scale would be worth the cost of the JMS approved scripts?
    My guess is a couple hundred thousand loyal subscribers at $10 a head per season.

As you know, this is not a new idea.
    Star Trek: The Animated Series as awful as it was, had 22 episodes.

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    But you obviously survived the snoo-snoo.
    Great post! Ha!

Also, great stories, Joe! Thanks for sharing.

Dear Jan, I'm sorry I mispell Minbari. I don't know why,

It still would have been great on a large screen.

BTW, on a depressing note, I don't think I'd want to see a B5 movie anymore. I think if someone could pull it off, it would be JMS, but I was reflecting on another show that I love, which was my favorite show before B5, and when they brought it back in movies it just wasn't the same and add to that it was less time between the show cancellation and the movie than B5 and all their stars were still alive and it still was a disappointment. Now a huge plus for B5 is JMS is really one of the best writers, ever, but time has passed. I know there are good make up effects, but if we keep the conciet that 1 season of B5 took a year, then we're only about 6 years away from Sleeping in Light's time. That may not actually be relevant, but I think what I'm trying to say is, you can't go home, again.
    And it makes me sad.

Obviously, if it were to happen I would go see it anyway, despite what I just said. I just no longer have any hope for it.

But, I'm happy we did get what we had.
    Last edited by Marsden; 09-08-2012, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Ironically, right after Crusade got cancelled, Marjean went down to Australia for a role in Beastmaster, in which she was able to show off those aforementioned physical talents.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    One time that I think they did try to make Chambers more active was when she decked the thug attacking Cynthia, Eilerson's ex-wife. I*hated* that scene because it came out of nowhere and seemed badly filmed so that the action didn't seem real at all.

Chambers as a character was more subtle than the rest of a crew of vivid personalities. I enjoyed her quiet scenes where she gave a gentle lecture to Gideon about the need for hope and the way she took the burden of spreading the plague to David the Plumber from Dr. Franklin.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    I think Dr. Chambers was one of the characters that never quite found the right direction. I seem to remember (and I could be wrong here- it's been a long time) that at some point, somebody had remembered that Marjean Holden was in fact a martial artist and stuntwoman and there was some talk about making her character a bit more active from a physical perspective. Obviously that didn't happen, because the show didn't stay on the air.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveNarn View Post
    What do you think of Margean Holden?
    She was Dr. Sarah Chambers on Crusade (and an Earthforce navigator Call to Arms), I thought she was great.
    Dr. Chambers was one of my favorite Crusade characters. I just wish they had gotten to develop her more. I liked the job Margean was doing was great.

Leave a comment:

• DaveNarn
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Huh?

Jan
    Don't ask, lol!

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
    ...but that doesn't mean I don't like Lochley.

My ideal replacement, though, would've been Number One/Tessa Holloran. I wanna see Bester try his intimidation tactics on her.
    After a couple episodes I liked Lochley too, I think it was after we found out her prior connection to Sheridan.

What do you think of Margean Holden?
    She was Dr. Sarah Chambers on Crusade (and an Earthforce navigator Call to Arms), I thought she was great.
    Last edited by DaveNarn; 09-07-2012, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
    snoo-snoo.
    Huh?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    I just wish I had pictures!

Leave a comment: