Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alpha128
    replied
    In the last few weeks I watched "Let's Play" video playlists for two adventure games, Gabriel Knight 1 and Gabriel Knight 2.

As it turns out both games have a B5 connection. In the first one, Gabriel's Uncle Wolfgang is voiced by Efrem Zimbalist Jr. In second game, Gabriel's assistant Grace is played by Joanne Takahashi.

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    In at least one case, there was an intensely personal story in Superman: Grounded. I forget which number or if there was a title but it was the one with the little boy with a black eye on the cover. JMS showed it at Comic-Con and told how he'd needed Superman to rescue him.

Looking forward to reports back.
    I knew that one was coming after researching the comics a few months back (I like having an idea of what I'm getting into) and I kept remembering that during the whole chapter.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm reading the "Superman: Grounded" comics. Now that I know they're written by JMS it's been really obvious that it's his comics, but I still wasn't expecting the line "Now, who are you and what do you want?".
    In at least one case, there was an intensely personal story in Superman: Grounded. I forget which number or if there was a title but it was the one with the little boy with a black eye on the cover. JMS showed it at Comic-Con and told how he'd needed Superman to rescue him.

Looking forward to reports back.

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied
    Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
    I like that he has some signature lines that pop up everywhere.
    Thanks, Melanie, for the company at Worldcon on the last day or so.
    We did have a bit of fun, did we not ?
    Indeed and thank you for welcoming me to the community.

Now that I'm back on the countryside it's time to start working on the report. After lunch.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    Originally posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm reading the "Superman: Grounded" comics. Now that I know they're written by JMS it's been really obvious that it's his comics, but I still wasn't expecting the line "Now, who are you and what do you want?".
    I like that he has some signature lines that pop up everywhere.
    Thanks, Melanie, for the company at Worldcon on the last day or so.
    We did have a bit of fun, did we not ?

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied

Not really unexpected per se, but as I hope can be seen in the photo, I put up a B5CCG poster for The Shadows card set at work in the MMS Flight Dynamics Operations Area before our first long shadows season in operations in 2015. (The screen at the left show several orbits of MMS including where there were maneuvers on two successive orbits.)

It is still there and there was a group of visitors dropping by today. One of them had been working during early operations. He noted that I still had my B5 poster up. One of the other people mentioned that "Babylon 5 is supposed to be the best SF show ever on television. .... At my previous job we had a discussion about the best SF show on television and the consensus went to Babylon 5." Indeed.
    Last edited by nottenst; 08-09-2017, 11:59 AM. Reason: added hyperlink

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied
    Not completely unexpected, but I got a purple name tag for my bag. Now I regret not getting the green bag that I considered.

Leave a comment:

• alpha128
    replied
    I was playing the classic on-line game "Rebuild", which is essentially "Zombie SimCity". It's a strategy game where you have to rebuild civilization after the Zombie Apocalypse.

You are given the option to name your city and leader. However, the names of all the other survivors are assigned randomly by the game.

Anyway, I was selecting survivors to work on a mission, when I noticed that one of my new recruits had a familiar name (yes, I know it's not exact):
    http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/..._reminder1.jpg

Given his military background, I decided to train him as a soldier at the school:
    http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/..._reminder2.jpg

Fortunately for him, he was recruited when my fort was well established and thus was able to avoid injury and death. But he did have a close call near the end of the game:
    http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/..._reminder3.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied
    I was watching something else and caught myself thinking "it's not a Shadow, it's just a shadow that looks like a Shadow".

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by nottenst View Post
    About 10 minutes after hearing that familiar Minbari voice in my head, I did find what I was looking for.
    Well well

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    OMG! Same thing has happened to me before. I've watched The Gathering too many times.
    Ah yes! I got it finally!
    You both did Your post on the MAGIC date 07/17/17

JMS BIRTHDAY

That now really let me think of B5 quite expectedly ;-)
    B5-Stefan

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    OMG! Same thing has happened to me before. I've watched The Gathering too many times.

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    I posted this on Facebook a few days ago, but I thought I might as well put it here as well. I had misplaced something in the house and was furiously looking all over the place for it. Then a voice in my head said, "There is a hole in your mind."

About 10 minutes after hearing that familiar Minbari voice in my head, I did find what I was looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Melanie
    replied
    Not completely unexpected this time, but the first time I had Panna Cotta my first thought was "this looks about as wobbly as I've pictured Spoo being". By chance I came across a place that had it today and had some, since it's the closest thing to Centauri spoo my brain knows. I know you can make it according to the instructions in Dining on Babylon 5, but that will always be the second "Spoo" I found.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    It seems quite incredible to look back at that guy who tried to tape every episode of Babylon 5 when it was broadcast and introduce him to the guy who can lay in bed late at night and watch the show on his phone.
    Yes, the technological leaps are pretty amazing when you put it into context. I remember trying to tape every TNG episode from BBC2 in my early teens, now all I do is press play on Netflix. The way we consume TV has changed so much!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X