Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things that make you think of B5 unexpectedly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
    Finding that out is the project for the next hot day.
    We'll await your report! It's a rough job, but somebody's gotta do it, right?
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
      I saw a place with color coded parking. Green and purple.

      Then there was a sign that said "life without ice cream would be darkness and chaos".
      Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Never seen anything like that!

      LOL! Wonder if you went in whether they'd ask "What do you want?"
      Originally posted by Melanie View Post
      Finding that out is the project for the next hot day.
      Originally posted by Jan View Post
      We'll await your report! It's a rough job, but somebody's gotta do it, right?
      http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/3291...ness-and-chaos
      “Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos.”

      ― Don Kardong
      1976 Olympic marathoner, current Runner's World senior writer, founder of the Lilac Bloomsday Run in Spokane, Washington (50,000+ entrants), and a past president of the Road Runners Club of America.

      Last edited by Dan Dassow; 07-13-2016, 08:45 AM. Reason: Post Munched

      Comment


      • I hadn't bearded that quote before.

        They didn't ask any B5 questions, but they did have delicious coconut ice cream.
        "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

        Comment


        • I'm a happy member of cat addicts anonymouse on the book of faces
          Today they posted a meme which said "turn your face to the sun.... and the shadows fall behind you"
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

          Comment


          • I just got an ad for VirCities.
            "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

            Comment


            • Sony has an advanced bit of technology for their pricier HDTVs, it's called Triluminous.

              TRILUMINOS™Display technology expands the range of colors you see beyond the "gamut" of ordinary displays. The result is more vivid reds and natural-looking greens and blues than on conventional, white LED monitors.
              Lol, that has me imagining a smaller version of the Triluminary embedded in the TV.
              Last edited by Babel-17; 07-18-2016, 02:55 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                I'm a happy member of cat addicts anonymouse on the book of faces
                Today they posted a meme which said "turn your face to the sun.... and the shadows fall behind you"

                awwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeee *must find this meme now*

                Comment


                • To me the word "oops" is spoo backwards.
                  "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Melanie View Post
                    To me the word "oops" is spoo backwards.
                    hahahaha Never noticed that before!

                    Comment


                    • Was at a wedding yessterday say, naturally enough at the geeky table. I did, as I usually do, show my tattoo, the guy sitting beside me recognised it, raised his glass and said "fiath manages".
                      Gave me a warm fuzzy glow
                      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by phazedout View Post
                        Was at a wedding yessterday say, naturally enough at the geeky table. I did, as I usually do, show my tattoo, the guy sitting beside me recognised it, raised his glass and said "fiath manages".
                        Gave me a warm fuzzy glow
                        Very cool!!
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                        Comment


                        • 71016,1644

                          Why should this make you think of B5 (un)expectedly?
                          Figure it out!

                          Stefan

                          --
                          Tirk: "Tirk. Drazi. I carry very large things. I... I... Tirk. Drazi."
                          [LotR]

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
                            71016,1644

                            Why should this make you think of B5 (un)expectedly?
                            Figure it out!

                            Stefan

                            --
                            Tirk: "Tirk. Drazi. I carry very large things. I... I... Tirk. Drazi."
                            [LotR]
                            I was never on that message board; I had to rely upon summaries on USENET.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
                              I was never on that message board; I had to rely upon summaries on USENET.
                              Not really the answer(s) I expected...

                              But I think You got it (with GOOGLE or even the SEARCH on JMSNews.com).

                              To self: ridiculous to easy task.
                              Stefan

                              --
                              Albert Einstein: "Imagination is more important than knowledge,
                              because knowledge is limited."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
                                Not really the answer(s) I expected...

                                But I think You got it (with GOOGLE or even the SEARCH on JMSNews.com).

                                To self: ridiculous to easy task.
                                Stefan

                                --
                                Albert Einstein: "Imagination is more important than knowledge,
                                because knowledge is limited."
                                Before I Googled, I thought it was a reference to Proxima Centuri or a message board to which jms posted. It's been a while since I posted on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5 or rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated, so I wasn't certain.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X