Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmyG
    replied
    This thread is a vicious attack on Evan Chen. You may say you don't like the music, but saying the music is the worst is not the sort of thing an amateur ought to do.
    Speaking as someone who's been a professional on both the performing and administrative ends of the music business, I can tell you that plenty of people who shouldn't be commenting on - and making decisions about - music...do just that. That's life in a commercial market, and there ain't nothing you can do about it but get used to it.

I didn't much care for Chen's music myself, but I don't loathe it the way some here do (although it took numerous listenings for me to feel that way about it).

Amy (the artist formerly known as Aisling)

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Re: Re: A Call to Arms Music

Originally posted by LightStorm
    It is very strange but it does kind of grow on you after a bit.
    Yep. I hated it when it came out, because it wasn't what I expected. Now, I consider it one of the best things about ACtA/Crusade. It did exactly what it was supposed to do: set a completely different atmosphere. With CF music, ACtA/Crusade would have seemed "B5 done wrong." With EC music, it is clearly "something different in the B5 universe."

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Malloy
    I completely disagree!

This thread is a vicious attack on Evan Chen. You may say you don't like the music, but saying the music is the worst is not the sort of thing an amateur ought to do.

If you want to be a music critic, go earn a degree in music. Otherwise stick to things you understand.
    Incredulous.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Whoa, Michael!

Nobody attacked Evan Chen, all they said is that they didn't like the music for ACtA. One doesn't need a degree in music to have likes and dislikes and since there's a choice of only two B5 music composers.... Well, three, I guess but Stuart Copeland's score for 'The Gathering' was pretty forgetable IMO.

I came to like the Chen music and, like the Crusade series, I'd've liked to see how it would have developed. As it is, I *love* the opening sequence for Crusade.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Michael Malloy
    replied
    I completely disagree!

If you want to be a music critic, go earn a degree in music. Otherwise stick to things you understand.

Leave a comment:

• Starkiller
    replied
    well it was something new and different, a good try on thier part but i prefered the old b5 music

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Re: A Call to Arms Music

Originally posted by JackBauer
    By far and away the worst music ever in babylon 5.
    Mmhh... not the worse.

"... and we will come together in a better place.... "

'nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied

It is very strange but it does kind of grow on you after a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied

Allllllllll right. And what is this?

It's a model of a hydrogen atom.

And this would not be to scale, right?

Leave a comment:

• JackBauer
    started a topic A Call to Arms Music

A Call to Arms Music

Working...
X