The Big Bang Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Bang Theory

Many folks know that Sheldon on TBBT loves to bad-mouth Babylon 5 although the Leonard character loves it (and Sheldon's always wrong about TV). Several folks have mentioned to JMS that he should approach the makers in order to do a cameo on the show (he doesn't appear thrilled by the idea). I've seen similar suggestions that Pat Tallman and/or Claudia Christian should appear in character, too.

Now somebody's started a Facebook page that runs with the suggestion, putting Sheldon in various situations. Most of the time things like that don't work for me but the pics and quotes have me laughing out loud. Check out:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/DrSheldo...VersusBabylon5
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

One of these days, Sheldon has to see the light and get over his love of all things Trek and hatred of Babylon 5, or at least the other characters should defend Babylon 5 a tad more emphatically.
    Last edited by KoshN; 04-12-2012, 09:49 AM.
    Mac Breck (KoshN)
    ------------------
    Warner Brothers is Lucy.
    JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
    Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
      One of these days, Sheldon has to see the light and get over his love of all things Trek and hatred of Babylon 5.
      Really - otherwise his restraining order from The Great Maker just won't mean as much.

Jan
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Really - otherwise his restraining order from The Great Maker just won't mean as much.

Jan
        Well, it could be for harassing The Great Maker. All of Sheldon's restraining orders don't have to stem from adulation.

<shrug> I'm just so very tired of hearing "Babylon 5" always being mentioned in a negative way with little and/or timid defense, and all things Trek almost always being mentioned positively.

FWIW, I've always been a fan of The Big Bang Theory and have bought all of the season DVD sets.
        Last edited by KoshN; 04-12-2012, 10:57 AM.
        Mac Breck (KoshN)
        ------------------
        Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

In entertainment there is said to be no such thing as bad publicity.
          Andrew Swallow

Comment

This is true, and with a popular show like TBBT, it would be a really interesting way to draw some "...let's see what he's talking about" type viewers.
            http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
            Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
            47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

One of these days, Sheldon has to see the light and get over his love of all things Trek and hatred of Babylon 5, or at least the other characters should defend Babylon 5 a tad more emphatically.
              Originally posted by Jan View Post

Jan
              Well, it could be for harassing The Great Maker. All of Sheldon's restraining orders don't have to stem from adulation.

<shrug> I'm just so very tired of hearing "Babylon 5" always being mentioned in a negative way with little and/or timid defense, and all things Trek almost always being mentioned positively.

FWIW, I've always been a fan of The Big Bang Theory and have bought all of the season DVD sets.
              Every time I hear Sheldon rant against "Babylon 5", I think of someone with the initials TF who harassed JMS on RASTB5.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow View Post
                In entertainment there is said to be no such thing as bad publicity.
                No, but with "Babylon 5" always being mentioned in an overall negative way and Trek almost always being mentioned in a positive way (except in the jokes against science fiction. overall, and geekdom), it's as if the whole universe is upside-down, 1/0, the mirror universe, etc..
                Mac Breck (KoshN)
                ------------------
                Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by DGTWoodward View Post
                  This is true, and with a popular show like TBBT, it would be a really interesting way to draw some "...let's see what he's talking about" type viewers.
                  What? How many will have the attention span greater than that of a gnat? How many will have follow-through?
                  Mac Breck (KoshN)
                  ------------------
                  Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

What? How many will have the attention span greater than that of a gnat? How many will have follow-through?
                    Especially when B5 really isn't on anymore? I don't think it's being broadcasted, at least in the US, I've heard from other poster posters it's on in Canada.
                    "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                    "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

WB still sell the DVDs. I still see them stocked on the shelves at Best Buy and Barnes & Noble, so someone is buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
                        WB still sell the DVDs. I still see them stocked on the shelves at Best Buy and Barnes & Noble, so someone is buying them.
                        I haven't seen B5 of the shelves of any of the half dozen or so Best Buys I frequent since shortly after the repackaging came out.
                        Mac Breck (KoshN)
                        ------------------
                        Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

I sent an email to CBS asking them to get Claudia Christian on the show, or anyone affiliated with B5, and mentioned that I loved hearing she show mentioned and hoped they would continue to do so. I've only recently started watching The Big Bang in reruns, so haven't heard any references yet, but still I want to support B5 in any way I can, and TBB is pretty funny.

Also I know Fred Meyer keeps B5 stocked in their electronics department and pretty sure I've seen it at Target, too. Plus you can get them from pretty much any online video store, so I think people do still buy the dvds.

Comment

Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
                            Also I know Fred Meyer keeps B5 stocked in their electronics department and pretty sure I've seen it at Target, too. Plus you can get them from pretty much any online video store, so I think people do still buy the dvds.
                            Yeah Fred Meyer does and I know Borders did before they took the axe.

I didn't realize TBBT referenced B5. I may actually have to check the show out.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
                              Especially when B5 really isn't on anymore? I don't think it's being broadcasted, at least in the US, I've heard from other poster posters it's on in Canada.
                              I know that the Space Channel here in Canada aired Babylon 5 and then Crusade a few years ago, but I haven't seen it aired in quite awhile. That's not to say that some local station in a large enough market isn't airing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X