Failed Babylon 5 Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qstor View Post
    I was all psyched for Memory of Shadows. Oh well...Damm Warner Brothers.

Mike
    It wasn't Warner Bros, was it? I remember it as being somebody else coming to JMS with a pile of cash, and then it never going anywhere. JMS has the movie rights, not WB.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
      It wasn't Warner Bros, was it? I remember it as being somebody else coming to JMS with a pile of cash, and then it never going anywhere. JMS has the movie rights, not WB.
      Right and wrong. It was a separate company that came to JMS about it, and optioned the rights from him, but for WB to get behind it (for distribution, promotion and funding etc.) they wanted big name actors rather than the original actors from the show. They made a run at making it work without WB's support but couldn't get it done.

So we can still blame WB partially for it.

http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-17289

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
        Yes and no. The company who optioned the rights (from JMS, that's correct) and commissioned the script weren't able to put together a financing and distribution package on their own. They approached WB and they (WB) weren't interested without Name Stars. In the end, the group who held the option simply couldn't put it together even with an option extension from JMS so the project dead-ended.

Jan
        Last edited by Jan; 10-12-2011, 01:47 PM.
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
        X