Failed Babylon 5 Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
    Jan, as Pat has said what he'll be reviewing from Nov on, maybe we could add a poll to this thread seeing who would want links posted for his articles on Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Space Precinct and I think he mentioned Farscape as well.
    Originally posted by Crusader
    Actually that would help me gauge interest so it seems like a good idea.

Jan, is it possible to do that?
    It's totally possibile but I'd prefer that we keep B5 in this forum and discussions/links/reviews of other shows in th OT forum (though I'm sure there's bound to be some overlap). Pat, why don't you PM me and we'll see about setting up polls that'll give you useful info?

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Nice work. IIRC wasn't the TLT going to be part of Warners' over all attempt to launch a direct to DVD line? I think this was when they also released DUKES OF HAZARD: THE BEGINNING and the first of the AMERICAN PIE spinoffs.
      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Interesting piece, but I might take exception with the assertion that JMS may have reversed his previous stand on continuing B5 in a format other than a feature. I am not trying to put words in Joe's mouth, but I get the sense that it was the budget that concerned him, not the notion of doing something other than a feature. It's no secret that the original series had a modest budget and so did The Lost Tales. I think the key here is that JMS has expressed interest in a reboot with a good-sized budget, and that could make a huge difference in the decision-making process.

Comment

I agree with Joe. At Comic-Con during the celebrations releasing the Lost Tales disk, both JMS and Doug Netter specified that any future disks would require a better budget.

And while JMS's post on RASTB5M says he'd only entertain a properly budgeted feature film, in person I've heard him state that he didn't want WB to approach him unless they were prepared to either a properly budgeted feature *or* series. He didn't specify a preference for which.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Feel free to begin a dedicated thread if you like, Cursader/Pat. Or if you'd prefer, I can retitle this one however you might like.

Jan
            Yup, I think last time was when I tried to go through them all, which I gave up on posting end of 2nd or beginning of 3rd season?
            Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I agree with Joe. At Comic-Con during the celebrations releasing the Lost Tales disk, both JMS and Doug Netter specified that any future disks would require a better budget.

And while JMS's post on RASTB5M says he'd only entertain a properly budgeted feature film, in person I've heard him state that he didn't want WB to approach him unless they were prepared to either a properly budgeted feature *or* series. He didn't specify a preference for which.

Jan
              Jan, sweetie, I love the new avatar. Tell me, is that magnet something that's available from Joe's store? In fact, I think it would look awesome on a sweatshirt .... or a billboard.
              "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
                Jan, sweetie, I love the new avatar. Tell me, is that magnet something that's available from Joe's store? In fact, I think it would look awesome on a sweatshirt .... or a billboard.
                No, Mitch, darling...it was something made specially for me alone. I've got the magnet and a tote bag. I don't think Cafe Press does billboards.

Jan

Comment

I don't think Cafe Press does billboards.
                  For that, I'm sure we'd ALL pitch in ...

Comment

For that, I'm sure we'd ALL pitch in ...
                    Yeah, but could we ever agree exactly where to put it?

Jan

Comment

Yeah, but could we ever agree exactly where to put it?

Jan
                      Every available billboard across the globe?

Why think small?

Comment

Omaha... I have plans. Let's discuss on Facebook where Jan's not listening.
                        True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Convention children...this thread's not about me. Surprise me with the billboard, okay? At your own risk, of course... Evil

Jan

Comment

Convention children...this thread's not about me. Surprise me with the billboard, okay? At your own risk, of course... Evil

Jan
                            Hey, I can tie this back in. This is a...uh....

Failed Babylon 5 Message Board Based Project.

There we go.

I think I was most disappointed in not getting more Lost Tales. I know those weren't the most popular, but I thought the stories themselves were pretty strong, and I would have liked to have seen more vignettes like that, with a budget for extras.

Comment

I am not loving the synopsis for the Teep War. It sounds like Sheridan stumbles upon Bester's plan or Garibaldi's plan. Weird, considering how they put everything in motion at the end of season 5. I'd rather see it from Garibaldi's point of view instead of Sheridan.

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
                                Hey
                                I think I was most disappointed in not getting more Lost Tales. I know those weren't the most popular, but I thought the stories themselves were pretty strong, and I would have liked to have seen more vignettes like that, with a budget for extras.
                                Same here and believed wholeheartedly it was going to happen especially based on JMS telling us that the sales were above and beyond Warner Brothers expectations. I also liked those stories and thought JMS did an excellent job within the constraints of the budget, nice character pieces and extremely well performed by all the leading actors. It was a bit disappointing barely seeing any extras with the station seemingly deserted. Yet I thought that would be rectified in further Lost Tales. I was so looking forward to seeing other stories featuring the original cast and expanding upon events from Sheridan's story.

Comment

Working...
                                X