Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AmyG
    replied
    Bonehead, sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was scolding you!

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    I recall Michael saying he was planning on heading to the UK and writing a movie there about five or six years ago I believe. Don't think it got produced though.
    Last edited by JoeD80; 07-13-2011, 08:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Though I realize it's none of my business, I am curious about two things ... 1 - are Michael and Ruth still together? and 2 - if Ruth is now living in the UK, is Michael also? Would that be why it seemed like he's drifted away from the public eye, since he's not in the US anymore?

Leave a comment:

• Jonas
    replied
    It sounded like Joe was quite concerned - I hope it's something that can be fixed or overcome.

Leave a comment:

• Bonehead
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG View Post
    Bonehead, no.
    Feels like I've just been told off like a naughty schoolboy, lol
    I guess I missed the original comment. Maybe a bit of wishful thinking on my part.
    I hope him and his family are ok

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Can't believe I beat Jan to this.

It could of course be something else other than health issues.
    Like for example, trying to get hold of him to offer a small part or cameo in a certain project we are all waiting on hearing an announcement about.
    The bad news being that Michael said no?
    Bonehead, no. JMS specifically said, in his initial inquiry on his FB page, this: "To stop the rumor mill now, this is strictly a personal inquiry, not related to anything else."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonehead View Post
    Like for example, trying to get hold of him to offer a small part or cameo in a certain project we are all waiting on hearing an announcement about.
    That would be nice but I'm pretty sure it's unlikely. I think there was genuine concern that caused him to go to the fanbase and that there's genuine concern still. I'm just glad it was successful.

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 07-12-2011, 06:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG View Post
    that Joe would go public with his search. Remember, he is the king of keeping his mouth shut
    Well he only did because he had no success for about a year. He figured the B5 fan community could find some connection somehow, and in just a few days, it worked out.

Leave a comment:

• Bonehead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Hopefully it's nothing too bad. I'd be kind of surprised if it was something really bad, that Joe would go public with his search. Remember, he is the king of keeping his mouth shut and making sure that private matters stay private when something deeply personal is on the line (I'm thinking of Andreas's illness and how long he kept quiet about it, long after the rest of the cast started blabbing).

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Well my lead went nowhere but glad Ruth got in contact with Joe. Sounds kind of good news/bad news but at least there is resolution.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Originally posted by DGTWoodward View Post
    Michael was/is/will be again a very pleasant (though I think, rather shy - odd for an actor?) person and convention guest to meet.
    Not that odd. Many performers are great on a stage in front of thousands, but rather reserved in a small group or one-to-one. Michael was initially a stage actor (like many of the B5 cast), so that may be his 'thing.'

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    Not quite the happy statement I was hoping for, but I still wish Mr. O'Hare the best.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Seconded.

Michael was/is/will be again a very pleasant (though I think, rather shy - odd for an actor?) person and convention guest to meet.

I wish him well, and look forward when we as a fan community, can interact with him again.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Just found on JMS' page:

Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
    Michael's situation has been determined, and he's still among the living, which is the good news, but the things that concerned me enough to begin the search have been borne out. I realize that that's a "what the hell?" kind of statement, but that's all I can say about it for the time being. That said, everyone can stand down now that we've reached this point. My thanks to everyone who helped with this process.
    Best wishes to Michael O'Hare, whatever the concern is. I'm glad JMS was able to locate him.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X