Looking for Michael O'Hare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Michael O'Hare

JMS as posted a personal (non-B5-related) request in case any fans know where Michael O'Hare is latele:

J. MIchael Straczynski:
    A request to the B5 fans out there: does anyone, anyone at all, know the current whereabouts of Michael O'Hare, or what may have become of him? (To stop the rumor mill now, this is strictly a personal inquiry, not related to anything else.)
    His old website's been down for at least a couple of years, as I recall. Anyway, let's hope somebody will have some information.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    JMS as posted a personal (non-B5-related) request in case any fans know where Michael O'Hare is latele:

His old website's been down for at least a couple of years, as I recall. Anyway, let's hope somebody will have some information.
    Well, the last I heard he retired from TV and was acting in Off-Broadway plays (so New York). Maybe he's since retired from acting all together..

Comment

Hm, I figured Joe would know the best of any of us. He did retire from acting awhile back to become a stay-at-home dad. Beyond that I have no clue.

Comment

And I remember around the time the first season DVD's came out, someone from WB called him to ask him to be interviewed for the extras, but he never got back to them. So at least someone there had his number..

Comment

Does anyone have any contact information for Ruth O'Hare? Or have a link to the old Team O'Hare web site that could be looked up via the Wayback machine.

Lee
          Webmaster
          SFTV.org
          B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Well the contact info from the old site, but got no clue if this is useful anymore. The old ebay account seems to have been deleted.
            Last edited by JoeD80; 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM. Reason: kill email spam

Comment

Posted by JMS a bit ago:

Fans of J. Michael Straczynski:
              The usual ways have all been checked...did the Intelius thing as well, but there are no records for the last couple of years, it's all old data. The phone number some of us had for him is also no longer good. To all intents and purposes i...t's as if he walked off the face of the earth. So I figured having the fans just out there keeping an eye our or checking with one another might be another approach. I just want to know if he's alive and well or not.
              Fingers crossed that all's well and he's just stepped out of the public eye.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                Posted by JMS a bit ago:

Fans of J. Michael Straczynski:
                The usual ways have all been checked...did the Intelius thing as well, but there are no records for the last couple of years, it's all old data. The phone number some of us had for him is also no longer good. To all intents and purposes i...t's as if he walked off the face of the earth. So I figured having the fans just out there keeping an eye our or checking with one another might be another approach. I just want to know if he's alive and well or not.
                Fingers crossed that all's well and he's just stepped out of the public eye.

Jan
                I also hope that nothing happened to either Ruth or Michael O'Hare.

May I also strongly suggest that we respect their privacy. If someone determines their location and contact information, I recommend that you email this information directly to jms.

Comment

Well I did find some obituaries for siblings but those were pre-2005 (before the teamohare website closed down). No recent obituaries.
                  Last edited by JoeD80; 07-10-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

To all intents and purposes i...t's as if he walked off the face of the earth.
                    It's those pesky Vorlon's I tell you.

Comment

Somebody posted that they had contact info for Ruth O'Hare and JMS has sent her a note. Hope it turns out well.

Jan

Comment

Just found on JMS' page:

Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
                        Michael's situation has been determined, and he's still among the living, which is the good news, but the things that concerned me enough to begin the search have been borne out. I realize that that's a "what the hell?" kind of statement, but that's all I can say about it for the time being. That said, everyone can stand down now that we've reached this point. My thanks to everyone who helped with this process.
                        Best wishes to Michael O'Hare, whatever the concern is. I'm glad JMS was able to locate him.

Jan

Comment

Seconded.

Michael was/is/will be again a very pleasant (though I think, rather shy - odd for an actor?) person and convention guest to meet.

I wish him well, and look forward when we as a fan community, can interact with him again.
                          http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                          Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                          47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Not quite the happy statement I was hoping for, but I still wish Mr. O'Hare the best.
                            What a wonderful world you live in. -
                            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Originally posted by DGTWoodward View Post
                              Michael was/is/will be again a very pleasant (though I think, rather shy - odd for an actor?) person and convention guest to meet.
                              Not that odd. Many performers are great on a stage in front of thousands, but rather reserved in a small group or one-to-one. Michael was initially a stage actor (like many of the B5 cast), so that may be his 'thing.'

Comment

Working...
                              X