Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix ending B5 streaming?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Netflix ending B5 streaming?

    I'm not a member of Netflix so I don't know this for sure, but I've read in a few places now that Netflix won't feature Babylon 5 in their streaming service after June 30.

    Anybody here who can verify?

    Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

  • #2
    It's not just B5. I have Netflix, and everything I have in my streaming queue from Warner Bros shows ending on 7/01 (not 6/30).

    I'm not all that concerned, really. Earlier this year, it showed the same thing for everything that was streaming from the Whedonverse (Buffy, Firefly, etc), but they didn't disappear. It just happened that the contract they had expired on one day, and the new contract started the following day.

    And the same thing happened with all the shows from the BBC ... They showed expiring on whatever day, then they were still there the day after.

    We'll know on 7/02.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

    The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

    Comment


    • #3
      Everything I had in my queue that was from Warner Bros has now been removed ... Babylon 5, V, etc.

      They have added several Doctor Who titles (ones that had been removed months ago), and all episodes of Star Trek, The Next Generation, Voyager, and the Abomination.
      "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

      The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
        Everything I had in my queue that was from Warner Bros has now been removed ... Babylon 5, V, etc.

        They have added several Doctor Who titles (ones that had been removed months ago), and all episodes of Star Trek, The Next Generation, Voyager, and the Abomination.
        The Abomination? DS9? ENT? For me, DS9, VOY and Seasons 1 & 2 of ENT qualify as abominations. <evil grin>
        Mac Breck (KoshN)
        ------------------
        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
        Babylon 5 is the football.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KoshN View Post
          The Abomination? DS9? ENT? For me, DS9, VOY and Seasons 1 & 2 of ENT qualify as abominations. <evil grin>
          The one that ran for four seasons ... the first "Trek" series since 1969 to be canceled ... the prequel ... aka the Abomination.
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

          The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
            The one that ran for four seasons ... the first "Trek" series since 1969 to be canceled ... the prequel ... aka the Abomination.
            The fourth season was quite good. Better than anything Voyager ever did, for sure. Minus the insulting finale, which doesn't exist in my book.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vakie View Post
              The fourth season was quite good. Better than anything Voyager ever did, for sure. Minus the insulting finale, which doesn't exist in my book.
              The third season wasn't bad, except for the last 7 minutes or so of the Season 3 finale (the alien, space Nazis), and Coto caused the show to recover quite nicely in Season 4 (no small feat), until the disgusting Season 4/Series finale.

              "Better than anything Voyager ever did" really isn't saying much.

              The Enterprise Season 4/Series finale doesn't exist in my book either.
              Last edited by KoshN; 07-03-2011, 06:28 PM.
              Mac Breck (KoshN)
              ------------------
              Warner Brothers is Lucy.
              JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
              Babylon 5 is the football.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KoshN View Post
                The third season wasn't bad, except for the last 7 minutes or so of the Season 3 finale (the alien, space Nazis),
                Seconded but season 4 was rubbish in my book. I was so dispointed after a promising S3 for them to throw away all the progress made.

                Comment

                Working...
                X