Clear All

• Gkar4ever
    replied
    Pleased to meet me!

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by Gkar4ever
    Admit it.....we check it because we need to spend a bit of time on JMSNEWS every day, and if it's the only thread we haven't read from in a while, we'll check it out just to spend a bit more time getting our fix of JMS and B5 and the community.....or is that just my particular neurosis?
    Gkar4ever, meet Gkar4ever!

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    We read this thread to reassure outselves that everyone Else is even more neurotic than WE are.

Everyone in this world is strange except Thee and Me.
    And, sometimes, I think thou art a Little...

Leave a comment:

• Gkar4ever
    replied
    Admit it.....we check it because we need to spend a bit of time on JMSNEWS every day, and if it's the only thread we haven't read from in a while, we'll check it out just to spend a bit more time getting our fix of JMS and B5 and the community.....or is that just my particular neurosis?

Leave a comment:

• AaronB
    replied
    Originally posted by grumbler
    Why do I keep clicking on the "huge news" topic whan I know it has long since devolved into a description of driving habits in various states of the US?

Am I just a B5 geek biting the head off of the "big news" chicken?
    I'm with you on this grumbler. Even though I know it has nothing to do with huge news anymore. I still check it.

Leave a comment:

• searching girl
    replied
    Hi,
    Ýt could be interested about what you will say, if you ever drive on the B12 in Germany. It┤s a federal road, used as a feeder road for the motorway/freeway to munich. It┤s also the road with the most accidents in germany and with the most killed persons.

Allowed are 100 km/h (~62m/ph) minimumdistance between the cars 50 meters (when you drive 100 km/h). Reality? If you only drive 140km/h (~120m/ph) the distance shrinks to nearby 2 (+/-) meters and they give you a chorus of hooting (horns). Restriction on overtaking/passing? No one matters. Someone oncoming? Also no one matters. They think, the other person will give place (but not all do it) On the freeway is NO speedlimit, if you want to drive 300 km/h (187 m/ph) - it┤s allowed. But the drivers always forgot the security distance.
    Why they all drive so fast/? Nobody knows. At the end of the freeway is each day a big tailback and also in between ( after an accident). When there is an accident, normaly it┤s a heavy one, often with a 1/2 day or longer roadblock.

I┤ve buyed my mobile telephon only for this street ( to call the police after an accident and can cancel my dates...). And I hate mobile telephones!

Bye

Leave a comment:

• Atanvarno
    replied
    I've been on the ol' M25 doing 100mph. It was 3am, and the raod was empty. Quite a worrying sight, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm
    The UK doesn't get off scott free either. Has anybody been on what is officially called the 'London Orbital Motorway System' but, to the general hubbuub of life, is the M25 - or in the common tongue...a 5 lane car park that circles London with a concrete and tarmac fist of sadistic glee!
    I have oftern driven on the M25 on a Sunday evening at 60 miles-per-hour. Motoway speed limit is 70 but 60 is possible on a Sunday evening.

Rush hour is 2 mph and lasts more than an hour.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Why do I keep clicking on the "huge news" topic whan I know it has long since devolved into a description of driving habits in various states of the US?

Am I just a B5 geek biting the head off of the "big news" chicken?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Don't forget about California. When I moved away from there in 1998, it was bad. We went on a vacation back home in 2000, and not an hour into the state, a car merges into the right lane on SHW 99 from an on ramp and almost pushed us into the left lane (two lane highway). The guy didn't even look when he was doing this. However, he sure looked when my mom -- my MOM -- gave him the double kickstands while I laid on the horn.

He had a turban on, so he could have been an immigrant from the East (possibly India), bringing the aforementioned driving habit thing into play.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    A large chunk of the problem in Florida is that the people driving on those roads are, Literally, from All Over the World.
    Yes, as humorist Dave Barry put it, "Miami is home to people from over 50 foreign countries, each of them driving according to the laws or his or her native land."

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by Radhil
    I've been on Florida roads. People are just stupid there, and it's not a trait exclusive to the state. I dodge angry soccer mom's in monster SUV's on a daily basis - old folks in slow Caddillacs are nuttin' to worry about.

I dare any of you to drive through any portion of New Jersey in an attempt to get somewhere without swearing, and I'll be mildly impressed if you get through without being dead. I've had three trips through/into that state, and came inches from being a smoking ruin of metal each time. I've skidded off road in a raging blizzard and had less physical and mental damage than driving Jersey in sunshine.
    The UK doesn't get off scott free either. Has anybody been on what is officially called the 'London Orbital Motorway System' but, to the general hubbuub of life, is the M25 - or in the common tongue...a 5 lane car park that circles London with a concrete and tarmac fist of sadistic glee!

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    A large chunk of the problem in Florida is that the people driving on those roads are, Literally, from All Over the World.
    IOW, Florida imports people with bad driving habits from Everywhere and then puts them All on the same roads at the same time.

The problem is that each and every one of them has a Different set of Bad Habits.

And, of course, they are mostly Lost, Confused and unwilling to Admit anything is Wrong.
    After all, they are on Vacation.
    Nothing is allowed to spoil a Vacation!

Most days it's a miracle only a Few accidents occur.

Something to know if you are searching for Hotel rooms:

Most people "know" that Disney (if that's where you are headed) is in Orlando.

And like Most stuff that "Most People Know", it's not true.

The Towns Closest to Disney are Kissimmee and Lake Buena Vista.

But, the result of this "common knowlege" is that, when searching for Hotels, most people look for a hotel/motel with Orlando as part of the search argument.

The Hotel owners know this.
    Which is why hotels as much as 50 Miles away from Disney (and not too close to Orlando, either ) often have Orlando as part of the hotel's Name.

So, if reserving a room for a trip to Disney, check a map very closely to see Where the hotel is Actually located.
    Last edited by bakana; 09-01-2004, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by Radhil
    I dare any of you to drive through any portion of New Jersey in an attempt to get somewhere without swearing, and I'll be mildly impressed if you get through without being dead. I've had three trips through/into that state, and came inches from being a smoking ruin of metal each time. I've skidded off road in a raging blizzard and had less physical and mental damage than driving Jersey in sunshine.
    Oh Jersey aint that bad. I have to schlep through it all the time as it's between my home and New York City. Rt 80 isn't bad, though Rt 46 around Wayne does bite it now and then...

Leave a comment:

• Radhil
    replied
    I've been on Florida roads. People are just stupid there, and it's not a trait exclusive to the state. I dodge angry soccer mom's in monster SUV's on a daily basis - old folks in slow Caddillacs are nuttin' to worry about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X