Huge news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge news

When it comes to JMS, it never rains, but it pours. I KNEW he'd leave the B5 news for the very end.

It'd be great if he could do a tie-in comic mini for TMoS.

And thanks to him for quelling any Trek rumors before they began.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Pretty cool,im not into comics in any way,but reading the TMoS news is allways cool
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

whoa!!!

what trek rumors???
      The Eagle stood erect on the Mountain watched the ships arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkingEagle
        whoa!!!

what trek rumors???
        Any!

Did you read JMS's latest posting with subject "from jms 8/23/04"?
        There he specifically said that he wasn't involved in any Trek series just to quench any such rumours.

/IamS
        Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
        http://www.babcon.org/

Comment

LMAO!!!

ok!

I love it! I nearly wet myself with the thought that JMS would get involved with TREK. Not an unpleasant thought at all. He is a TREK fan too. I would have welcomed it.

Comment

Originally posted by WalkingEagle
            LMAO!!!

ok!

I love it! I nearly wet myself with the thought that JMS would get involved with TREK. Not an unpleasant thought at all. He is a TREK fan too. I would have welcomed it.
            The last Trek rumor was because JMS and somebody else did write a spec treatment for a new Trek series. The Internet being what it is, the rumor spread that JMS was going to replace B&B.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Pending contractual negotiations and formal pickup by the networks involved,
              I've been offered two different series, so we'll see which goes first. They
              could both be very cool to work on, but one of them could be insanely
              successful. I should know more about this situation in late October. (Neither
              is Trek-related, just to nip any potential rumors in the bud.)

Starting sometime in October, in an unrelated project, our friends in Britain
              can expect to see me hanging about on-and-off in the general vicinity of
              London. Just, y'know, workin', doin' stuff.
              I don't understand is UK trip unrelated to two series he mentions in previous paragraph or unrelated to TMoS (and to other projects he has spoken)?

Comment

Huge news
                When it comes to JMS, it never rains, but it pours. I KNEW he'd leave the B5 news for the very end.

It'd be great if he could do a tie-in comic mini for TMoS.

And thanks to him for quelling any Trek rumors before they began.

This is supposed to be HUGE NEWS I saw JMS's orginal post I don't see anything HUGE except that he had turned in the screenplay for TMOS hardly huge in my opinion .

Comment

Originally posted by Sigma
                  I don't understand is UK trip unrelated to two series he mentions in previous paragraph or unrelated to TMoS (and to other projects he has spoken)?
                  Sigma,

The placing of the wording is meant to indicate that his time in the UK has nothing to do with any series. There has been a lot of speculation that the series he previously said he was asked to EP might be a British series, thus his talk in recent posts of spending "some time" there. I firmly believe this is JMS speak for, "I'll be spending some time off and on in the UK (specifically London) soon and it has nothing to do with either series I might EP."

The next question then is: Is the time he'll be spending there related in any way to TMoS?

My guess, as it has always been, is "yes." I do NOT believe that TMoS will be shooting there, however, as it is way too expensive to shoot in the UK these days (just as it is in Hollywood). My source has given me reassurance that they are planning to shoot at the FOX studios in Australia, which is consistent with other things we've heard.

I firmly believe that it is a mere part of the TMoS production that will be completed in the UK, most likely scoring or even some production design aspect. Exactly what it is I cannot say for sure, but this was his little way IMHO of telling us it is TMoS related. The biggest hint is that he says:

expect to see me hanging about on-and-off in the general vicinity of London. Just, y'know, workin', doin' stuff.
                  "On-and-off" he says, which indicates he will be coming and going, which is more in line with the idea that a small portion of the production will be done there, not the whole or any large portion. What's funny is his last comment: "Just, y'know, workin', doin' stuff." This is the best indication and a smirky Vorlon-esque line to say, "Hint, hint...it's for TMoS."

Satai Delenn:

This is huge news to those of us who have followed the entire TMoS saga from the beginning back in 2003, so we know that JMS saying:

Oh, and in the next week or so I should be turning in the next-to-final draft of the TMoS screenplay.
                  ...is a big hint to us as to just where he is and what's going on and what the delay is.

Translate this to read:

"Next week or so, I turn in the next draft of the script, but since there's one more draft to turn in, this means the one that I'm turning in now is the first re-write after RB passing, so they will undoubtedly have some notes, which I will need to address. This also means we are closer to an announcement from WB...so sit tight, folks, it's nearly there."

This is why ZHDD said it was huge news.

For those who've doubted the TMoS project, believing it to be still born, this is also huge news, proving that the film is alive and well and everything is moving forward as it should.

So, yes, huge news. Not as huge as we might all like, such as an official announcement, but huge for the moment.

CE

"Faith Manages."
                  Anthony Flessas
                  Writer/Producer/Director,
                  SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

It's a lot of announcements for a lot of different projects, that qualifies as "huge" IMO... your mileage may vary.

The one bit that really interested me was the TMoS's next-to-final draft screenplay upcoming submission mention, but not because I don't care much for the rest I don't see that as a huge update.
                    And in the end is not the size that matters...

BTW, I see the London announcement as unrelated to the series, and related-to-what only JMS knows for sure and he ain't telling... yet (I suspect TMoS, maybe preproduction, but who knows)
                    Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                    James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Well the rumor mill is alive and well. It got fandom buzzing.

Comment

What orchestra did the score for the B5 series proper? Wasn't it London Philharmonic (forgive my spelling if I butchered it)?

Just a stray thought in a scattered mind....
                        Radhil Trebors
                        Persona Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by Radhil
                          What orchestra did the score for the B5 series proper? Wasn't it London Philharmonic (forgive my spelling if I butchered it)?

Just a stray thought in a scattered mind....
                          Yes, I do believe Franke used the London Philharmonic. He has also used the London Symphony in the past on other scores.

CE
                          Anthony Flessas
                          Writer/Producer/Director,
                          SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

Not London, Berlin. I'm away from my links and CDs right now but it's basically his own orchestra and he conducts it from his CA studio and does all the mixing himself. See the short special about his music on the S5 (I think) DVD set.

Jan
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Christopher Franke works with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra for BABYLON 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X