X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by AislingGrey

Fatal Vision. And let's not forget the Brady movies, American Gothic.

Amy (the artist formerly known as Aisling)
    That was it... FATAL VISION! It was very good. Just couldn't get the synapses to fire in the right order to pull that name out of the old grey bits. Thank you for the reminder.

And, you're very welcome

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Are you guys kidding? Gary Cole is much more of a known quantity in Hollywood than Peter Woodward. Gary Cole is one of those rare actors who is practically always working, going from one project to the next as they each get cancelled or conclude. Offhand, I can think of a dozen things Gary Cole's done in the last couple of years. I can barely name five things Peter Woodward has done in his entire career (Crusade, Conquest, The Patriot, Charmed, Sense & Sensibility...?).
    You're right. Gary Cole always seems to be working. Just look at his IMDb listing.

Peter Woodward was also in the pilot episode of "Brimstone" (a very good, and therefore long cancelled and obscure FOX show). PW was the baddie. Great ep.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Because of Crusade and Office Space, I now make a point to "hunt down" anything with Cole. He was GREAT in the Brady movies. He had Mike Brady pinned down.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Go to Peter Woodward Homepage and click on the Credits list.
    Peter's website is atrocious; I'd prefer to use imdb.com. But my point wasn't to find out all of Peter's credits - since I have fairly eclectic taste in film/television, I'm familiar with more of his work than most average viewers. The point was that just thinking of projects offhand, an average viewer knows Gary Cole far better than Peter Woodward. Heck, there probably isn't a day of the week you can turn on the tv and not see Gary Cole, between West Wing and Harvey Birdman and that crappy Disney family movie last week (Pop Rocks?) - and everything else he's done.

I quite agree, Gary also starred in that excellent biopic about an Army doctor accused of murdering his family.
    Fatal Vision. And let's not forget the Brady movies, American Gothic, Office Space, etc. etc.

By the way, is that your photo?
    Yup, and thanks for your kind compliments - all of you!

Amy (the artist formerly known as Aisling)

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    Yeah, all the boys on the playground are fighting over Aisling now.
    And who could blame them!

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm
    I quite agree, Gary also starred in that excellent biopic about an Army doctor accused of murdering his family. It also starred Karl Molden (sp?). He was very good, very chilling.

By the way, is that your photo? WoW! Articulate, talented, beautiful, witty, creative.....what a combination!!!!!
    Yeah, all the boys on the playground are fighting over Aisling now.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Are you guys kidding? Gary Cole is much more of a known quantity in Hollywood than Peter Woodward. Gary Cole is one of those rare actors who is practically always working, going from one project to the next as they each get cancelled or conclude. Offhand, I can think of a dozen things Gary Cole's done in the last couple of years. I can barely name five things Peter Woodward has done in his entire career (Crusade, Conquest, The Patriot, Charmed, Sense & Sensibility...?).

If they're looking to sell DVDs, the Cole name is the more likely draw. So I'm sure that's not how they managed to come up with Peter Woodward as the sole name to list. I'm not sure what the criteria is for that section, actually, or who's responsible for the information.

Amy
    I quite agree, Gary also starred in that excellent biopic about an Army doctor accused of murdering his family. It also starred Karl Molden (sp?). He was very good, very chilling.

By the way, is that your photo? WoW! Articulate, talented, beautiful, witty, creative.....what a combination!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    Go to Peter Woodward Homepage and click on the Credits list.

It's very Impressive. Royal Shakespeare Company, etc.

And, of course, his Father is well known for such programs as The Equalizer, La Femme Nikita and The Edward Woodward Hour

Edward Woodward Credits

Gary Cole Credits

Remember that the Marketing people probably never watched ANY of this.

Too busy trying to impress each other...

So they google the actors and look for the longest list of credits...

Last edited by bakana; 09-19-2004, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied

If they're looking to sell DVDs, the Cole name is the more likely draw. So I'm sure that's not how they managed to come up with Peter Woodward as the sole name to list. I'm not sure what the criteria is for that section, actually, or who's responsible for the information.

Amy

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Originally posted by bakana
    Marketing dept. probably told them that the Woodward name would sell more copies than Gary Cole.

They'd get hits from people looking for Peter as well as his Father.
    Good point, but as for pure popularity...

::holds arms out and teeters them::

...one is as well -- or as little -- known as the other. They both have some well known projects under their belts.

Leave a comment:

• bakana
    replied
    Interesting that they put Peter Woodward rather than Cole in the "Starring" section.
    Marketing dept. probably told them that the Woodward name would sell more copies than Gary Cole.

They'd get hits from people looking for Peter as well as his Father.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    About time. I'd been checking it every few days. Interesting that they put Peter Woodward rather than Cole in the "Starring" section.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Available at amazon.com

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<Wish he'd come back to Florida!>>

The land is cheap, so maybe he will.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sigma
    btw i found nice 'fairy story'
    Oops! We have a server error. Please read the message and look at our sitemap for resolution.

Thanks for reminding me of that one. I was there when JMS told that story and it was even better in person.

Wish he'd come back to Florida!

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X