No announcement yet.

Question about a few B5 Characters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interogator in season 4, even said Sheridan had to be broken and be converted, otherwise someone could scan him and see he wasn't telling the truth. So I dont think he was scanned at all during the interogation. He was given reality altering drugs - hence seeing Steven in his quarters believing he was rescued, while 2 interogators played along asking him questions about the resistance.

Comment

The Great Machine was a lot of talk and a badge. It did one really important thing and one important thing then nothing. I also don't see why they needed Draal to do Great Machine stuff since they had Zathurs. It was built as this giant weapon and when the Shadows did come to Babylon 5 it did nothing expect get jammed. I am sure JMS had big things planned for it, but in reality it was just need for two plot devices and that was it.

Its same with the PSI Corp. They were built up as a weapon Clark could use, but he never hpulled the trigger on. I also think a scan wouldn't have hurt them if someone else scanned them anyway. It seems to be standard procedure to scan a high targert prisoners of war for the Centauri and Minbari, it wouldn't be uncommon if the humans did. It seems to important to do it off screen.

Comment

The one thing the Great Machine did do was open the rift so the White star and crew could go back in time to help B4. Draal could also see into the future so helping B5 could of changed history.

Comment

The Great Machine was also used in season four by Ivanova to broadcast the voice of the resistance.

Originally posted by lotjx View Post
          Its same with the PSI Corp. They were built up as a weapon Clark could use, but he never hpulled the trigger on.
          The character who really ended up using telepaths as weapons was Sheridan, and according to JMS in the script books was the reason his vision in All Alone in the Night includes him in a Psi Cop uniform.
          Last edited by JoeD80; 05-04-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotjx View Post
            Its same with the PSI Corp. They were built up as a weapon Clark could use, but he never hpulled the trigger on.
            I think you have it backwards. The PSI Corp helped put Clark in power. And God knows that had consequences.
            Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
              I think you have it backwards. The PSI Corp helped put Clark in power. And God knows that had consequences.
              Agree with that. In many ways, the Corps had Clark as a weapon they could (and did) use rather than the other way around.
              The Optimist: The glass is half full
              The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
              The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Working...
              X