April's announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    You would be surprised at how little the various Warner Bros sections actually communicate with each other. The summer that Warner Home Video was promoting Babylon 5: The Lost Tales at ComiCon, they couldn't have treated me better. But when I tried to get in some press coverage for Warner Bros features or television, they looked at me like I was some kind of bug. Even when I was wearing a badge around my neck that said I was a VIP guest of Warner Bros! So don't ever think Department A talks to Department B or vice versa.
    Joe, in other words, Warner Home Video is from Mercury, Warner Bros features is from Venus and Warner Bros television is from Mars and never shall their orbits ever cross.

Dan Dassow

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
      Joe, in other words, Warner Home Video is from Mercury, Warner Bros features is from Venus and Warner Bros television is from Mars and never shall their orbits ever cross.

Dan Dassow
      I only disagree with that because, while the orbits will never cross the possibility of communication between Mercury, Venus, and Mars is there. Very small and unlikely, but there.

So don't limit yourself by staying inside the solar system, or spiral arm. Warner Home Video is from Andromeda, Warner Bros features is from Mayall's Object, and Warner Bros television is from the Sombrero Galaxy.
      Last edited by David Panzer; 03-22-2011, 11:58 PM.
      RIP Coach Larry Finch
      Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
      Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

• Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow View Post
        I only disagree with that because, while the orbits will never cross the possibility of communication between Mercury, Venus, and Mars is there. Very small and unlikely, but there.

So don't limit yourself by staying inside the solar system, or spiral arm. Warner Home Video is from Andromeda, Warner Bros features is from Mayall's Object, and Warner Bros television is from the Sombrero Galaxy.
        I like your assessment much better. However, communication is still possible under those circumstances but highly unlikely unless you assume extremely long life spans and/or faster that light communication.

Comment

• I can live with the possibility of intergalatic communication. Beyond that, one gets into the mind twisting of multiverses.
          RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

• If they WB filmed that as a mock reality show they'd make a packet...enough to fund a decent B5 revival ha!
            I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

• Just a little update from JMS's fan Facebook page.

J. MIchael Straczynski
              Appropos of nothing B5 related as April grows near...if there are any fans of the Captain Power show out there, you may want to keep an eye on Amazon for the next week or so. Just sayin'.

Wednesday March 23, 2011 at 23:07
              Andrew Swallow

Comment

• I vaguely remember Captain Power. More for using a toy to "interact" with the show, rather than the show itself. With all the shenanigans that a kid at 9 years old can pull off, I was fortunate to lose consciousness only twice. So reminiscing about my childhood gets hazy at times.
                Last edited by David Panzer; 03-26-2011, 08:24 PM.
                RIP Coach Larry Finch

Comment

• I remember using a toy to interact with a show in about 1964. It was called "Winky Dink." You put a plastic sheet over the tv, and drew things on it to help Winky Dink escape, prevail, etc.

Comment

• "Appropos of nothing B5 related as April grows near" which means what??? No B5 news is coming in April then??

Comment

• No, it only means that since April is drawing near, he knows that we'll be examining everything he says for something B5 related so he was assuring us that it wasn't. And remember, he's said 'after' April as much as he's said 'in' April.

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• What I get from it is (in effect)....

"whilst there 'may-or-may not' - legalities apply - be something B5 related coming your way in/around April (...whatever it may or may not be...) either way, this is not it, it's an unrelated something else"

if you get my drift.
                        http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                        Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                        47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

• I remember Captain Power! That was the only show I ever got up early to see. 6:30am on Sundays.

This is one of the things that amazes me about JMS. I never heard of him before B5, but I loved his work on Ghostbusters, He-Man, and Captain Power. It's like I've been a fan of all of his stuff without realising it. I can' t say I've seen everything he's done, maybe not even half, but everything I've seen was good.
                          "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                          "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• Well, jms was true to his word about an April announcement. This was posted on jms├ć facebook page this morning. Whoo hoo!

J. Michael Straczynski Appropos of today: I know many have been waiting for the announcement of the Big News promised for April.
                            In terms of planning, I never really sat down and mapped it out this time. I knew I wanted to write it, and was open to whatever form that took.
                            On the one hand, there's something to be said about going with new characters. On the other hand, why invent new characters? I haven't finished using all of the old ones yet.
                            A film like this is something I think should be done only once, and with a damned good story, or I risk taking advantage of the fans. I have always applied a single rule, that if I can't get better at something, then I shouldn't be doing it, I fell short of that in Lost Tales, so I have mixed feelings about having this done right this time.

What it all comes down to is, yes there will be a B5 movie. Will it include new people? Yes. Will it include old people? Definitely. I'm doing this because I'd like to explore this Universe one last time and pull out all the stops (WB okayed a reasonable budget) to show off B5 to a new audience and to others who missed it along the way. The search is on now for a director and the hope is to get this in front of the camera late summer or fall of 2011.

There will be more to come about it. That's the funny thing, you just keep doing what you're doing and then one day you look back over your shoulder and it's like, oh crap, I just got fooled, how the hell did that happen on April 1?
                            What a wonderful world you live in. -
                            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Working...
                            X