April's announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lotjx View Post

Crusade was doomed from the start and as much as I want to see it back, we already now the ending. I do wish they would have chosen the tecnomage trilogy to wrap up Crusade if it wasn't already close to being done or already done. Technomage trilogy is about one book more then it needed to be anyway. I also doubt Crusade was going to be better then B5 for a lot of reasons.

The Doctor and Jan are annoying. While I like Jan more then the Doctor, I would have been cool with those two dying instead of Walsh and Shepard. I don't understand why you kill a character like Shepard whose backstory makes it more feesible for the characters to know things about the Alliance then anyone else including River. Walsh was just a fun character and once you kill the fun character then the show becomes sad and depressing. As much as I love red heads, I would have been ok to with the engineering dying as well. Hell, anyone on the cast would have been fair game expect Mal, River and those two. I know people who saw people walk out of the theater after Wash died. I just don't see how a fanbase like that could recover when you piss off a good chunk of it. Imagine if B5 was cancled in season 4 and we never go Sleeping in the Light. Yet, we get a movie where Garibaldi gets killed in the middle of the film by Bester, Franklin and/or Susan die at the end in some random way. Do you think we get a follow-up series or would want a follow-up series? Probably not.
    You find Jayne annoying? He's one of my favourite characters and I was disappointed he didn't have a bigger role in the movie. I do agree if I had to choose one character to die I would choose the doctor. Shepherd Book definitely had a fascinating air of mystery about him and it's hugely disappointing the way he was just killed off. Still the main characters and my favourite characters are still alive and well.

And let's do keep the conversation mainly on B5 rather than other shows. We can always discuss the others in the OT forum.
    sorry didn't see this comment.

Comment

• Part of my post was if we didn't get Sleeping in Light in season 4. I don't know about Crusade moving in that direction. The idea of renagade ship of playing cat and mouse for at last one season would bore me. I loathed Voyager and this sorta sounds like it was going to end up being to some degree. I did read the season 1 finale and thought it was some what forced Gideon being pissed off at Galen. Yet, it would be a nice cliffhanger ending.

We also have to remember that Cole might not have come back in season 2 if there was a seaosn 2. That might have changed things as well. Assassinating Gideon would have caused more problems for EarthGov then anything, I just never thought a group who would do that would survive for long. It reeks of desperation and I doubt the same desperate group would be around when they found a cure. I also doubt Franklin would go along with a cure that was made by the Shadows. A lot of plot problems with that. If they said they found the cure in year 3 or 4 and were constantly harrassed by the Drahk or others during the fifth year then I could see it playing well. Plus, I like the idea of the ISA vs. Excaliber instead of Earth vs. Excaliber. Earth was already the villian for three years, no need to retread that storyline again.

Comment

• What one has to remember is that JMS never wanted to do a series about the Drakh Plague which is why it would only have lasted approximately long enough for TNT to (hopefully) lose interest in the notes process. Sadly, instead they decided they wanted out completely.

We don't know anything, really, about the false cure that would be found so we don't know if Franklin would know it was Shadow based or not. I doubt it would be made that obvious. This is a case where we as the audience know more than the characters do.

And from what we've seen, it would probably have been a combination of Excalibur vs the black ops division of Earthforce (which we've been encountering since "Infection" when Earthforce Bio-Weapons division made Sinclair turn the alien artifacts over to them) and the ISA. Even though Sheridan ought to be the first to understand Gideon's obsession with finding out what happened to his ship, he's now the president of the ISA and doesn't have the latitude he once had as a Captain.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• ....But still its ANYBODY'S GUESS what will be announced, in MERE WEEKS from now, seeing as we are in late march already.....

Comment

• I just had a bad thought.

How do you keep a moron in suspense? I'll tell you in April.

I don't think JMS would do that on purpose, but it's not going to be as "major" as most of us hope. Our "major" and his "major" may be two completely different things.

I'm sorry if this is a grumpy post, I seem to be the JMS forum Grumpy Bear.
            "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
            "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

• I dunno...given the criteria that JMS set - sufficient budget and complete creative control, whatever it ends up being, if it turns out to be anything. will probably meet the definition of 'major'. Will it be what each of may be hoping for? Only time will tell. Of necessity, some of us won't care for whatever it ends up to be.

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                I dunno...given the criteria that JMS set - sufficient budget and complete creative control, whatever it ends up being, if it turns out to be anything. will probably meet the definition of 'major'. Will it be what each of may be hoping for? Only time will tell. Of necessity, some of us won't care for whatever it ends up to be.

Jan
                If the announcement does occur in April, we will only have to wait a maximum of 38 more days (39 if you count today).
                Only 117 shopping days until 17 July 2011.
                Last edited by Dan Dassow; 03-22-2011, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Ha, lotjx has got me thinking, and I've just got this mental image of all of us wanting a movie or a new series, and we end up getting a pin badge and pen set!

I'll bet JMS is sat there reading all of this and laughing as he hatches something that we've never even thought of!

Just to touch on a couple of points raised earlier (I haven't been on this thread for a while): I agree that they could use technology to recreate some actors to a degree, but you lose the magic when you do that. It's taking the way I feel about too much CGI in a movie and turning up to 11 as you'd lose all the little nuances and the actors personality.

I really liked Gary Cole as Gideon, but the rumours don't seem to paint him in a good light. From my point of view as a viewer though, I really liked him in the role, his expressions and quips were excellent.

I personally don't think they should reboot B5 but instead look to another era in the time line. There's plenty of scope and plenty of characters with those we've seen, but the universe itself is much wider and I'm sure has more eclectic character out there waiting to be discovered.
                  I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

• Last I heard, Warner Home Writing Instruments wasn't talking to Warner Clothing and Cap Accessories and neither of them were willing to deal with Warner Home Video so they don't even know about Babylon 5.

Jan

PS: I still don't think JMS ventures past the archive pages and that, very seldom.

Comment

• Bwah-hahaha! Post of the Day goes to Jan, definitely. :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        Last I heard, Warner Home Writing Instruments wasn't talking to Warner Clothing and Cap Accessories and neither of them were willing to deal with Warner Home Video so they don't even know about Babylon 5.

Jan

PS: I still don't think JMS ventures past the archive pages and that, very seldom.
                        It appears to this outside observer that each component of Times Warner prefers to denigrate another component rather than compete with other companies. Their actions seem to be driven by the philosophy that all of nothing is better than half of something. Their collective business practices do not lead to a zero sum game but to a negative sum game.

Originally posted by AmyG View Post
                        Bwah-hahaha! Post of the Day goes to Jan, definitely. :-D
                        Agreed!

Comment

• Warner Bros. follows a business model devised by the Shadows.

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                            Warner Bros. follows a business model devised by the Shadows.
                            That does explain a lot...

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
                              Warner Bros. follows a business model devised by the Shadows.
                              And speaks in Vorlon language, that's why the communication is so complicated between them all

Comment

• You would be surprised at how little the various Warner Bros sections actually communicate with each other. The summer that Warner Home Video was promoting Babylon 5: The Lost Tales at ComiCon, they couldn't have treated me better. But when I tried to get in some press coverage for Warner Bros features or television, they looked at me like I was some kind of bug. Even when I was wearing a badge around my neck that said I was a VIP guest of Warner Bros! So don't ever think Department A talks to Department B or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                                X