X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valens_shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG View Post
    B5 without even the possibility of G'Kar? I just can't see it...
    I know it won't be the same but I think there's still plenty of scope for tons of stories without G'kar. Anyway even though he won't be there on screen, he will be there in spirit. No doubt JMS will continue to refer to him in future stories.

Amy I was just wondering how long does G'Kar's trip with Lyta last for?

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Agreed, agreed. You are definitely not the only one!

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow View Post
    And the images that come to life in our mind when we read them.

I hope I'm not the only one where that happens.
    The very definition and beauty of reading a book. The 'film' of it plays out in your own head.

Leave a comment:

• David Panzer
    replied
    And the images that come to life in our mind when we read them.

I hope I'm not the only one where that happens.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    And again, we come around to JMS saying that no one would ever play G'Kar besides Andreas, and since Andreas has passed beyond the rim, well... Hey Dan, not to give Richard Biggs short shrift, but I could certainly see stories in the B5 universe that didn't involve Franklin at all. He was, on the whole, a less central character than G'Kar. But a B5 universe without G'Kar popping up at least some of the time? I can't even imagine it. And it remains to be seen whether JMS would be willing to reboot the universe. Personally, I don't think so. He's already told the story of Babylon 5, as he's said so many times before. To reboot the universe, you'd pretty much have to either re-tell that story ù which I just don't see Joe doing ù or tell other, peripheral stories that were going on at the same time. Which...well, to me, is kind of meh.

What I'd love to see on screen is the Centauri trilogy, which obviously ain't happening because it has G'Kar in it and we no longer have Andreas to play him. But we'll always have the books, thank the gods.

Leave a comment:

• lotjx
    replied
    If they rebooted it, there will be a G'Kar and Franklin, it just won't be the same actors and goes for pretty much goes for everyone expect the guy who played Kosh. You would also have to do a story where all of them are young and its never been seen before. The Dilgar War would be perfect for it as well as the Mars Food Riots. The Dilgar War would be a lot of Fathers and Mothers in it. It could easily be a trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonas View Post
    If there is a new story in the B5 universe, I think it will probably be just that - a new story. Not a reboot or continuation but a new story with the same setting.

On the subject of Gary Cole, I thought he was excellent.
    So did I !

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG View Post
    or for that matter without Dr. Stephen Franklin. I believe that it is extremely unlikely that a B5 reboot will ever be done while JMS is alive. However, there are many parallel stories in the B5 Universe that could be done, ones that have not been done before (B4). Dan Dassow

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Commander Raiden
    replied
    There is more..

...There is no need to revert to a "reboot" of B5 just to keep it goin, as I've mentioned before there is PLENTY of scope in the B5 universe to create something, its just a matter of finding what it could be that has "HIT" material written all over it....

Leave a comment:

• valens_shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonas View Post

I really like him too but can't see him returning.

Leave a comment:

• Jonas
    replied
    If there is a new story in the B5 universe, I think it will probably be just that - a new story. Not a reboot or continuation but a new story with the same setting.

Leave a comment:

• valens_shadow
    replied
    Originally posted by lotjx View Post
    Dureena is worth fighting for. I know in the PSI Corp book they give a hint about how Crusade is supposed to end. I find it funny if not very karmatic if they had to replace Gideon. That would be two times that a B5 show had to change captains from season 1 to 2. Just by watching the show, you can see Cole was sometimes uncomfortable with the role. I am curious to see how they would have brought in to replace him, Lochley, Ivanova, Sheridan or maybe G'Kar.
    Sorry what I meant to say is the actor not the characters. Carrie Dobro, as much as I like her, will be 54 this May which if she played Dureena again would be drawing on 60 at the end of a five-year story. Considering the character I think we would be asking an awful lot for Carrie to achieve. If she had a character more like Delenn I don't think age would matter. I don't think it would hinder Galen's character with Peter Woodward being older, in fact I think he could probably play the part better older giving the character more wisdom. Dureena really needs to be played by someone young and physical, climbing into small spaces, fight sequences etc.

Anyway it's pie in the sky until something happens.

Leave a comment:

• lotjx
    replied
    Prior to its release it was not held in high standard. It made good money for a variety of reasons and one of those reasons was it did not throw away 40 years of continuity down the train as well as had a lot of easter eggs for the older fans. If they would have said this how the crew came together deal with it then you would see more fan backlash. It was also a good fun ride and that is something Trek has been missing for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Doom Shepherd
    replied
    Originally posted by lotjx View Post
    The Trek outcry was bad, very bad.
    Funny, everyone I know (aside from a couple of what I call "continuity fetishists" online) who loved the original Star Trek loved the reboot, including my mother, who normally HATES Science-Fiction. This is probably why it grossed more money than any other Trek movie.

Of course, I was one of those people who had to go around explaining to others that no, NuTrek did NOT "wipe out" old Trek, since the show had already established that many similar universes can and do exist in parallell.

So I do have a biased perspective.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X