No announcement yet.

April's announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick reminder to avoid story ideas while we wait and speculate. Granted, we have no indication that JMS reads here but we want the place to be safe should he ever decide to come here to play.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Hey JMS! Hope your reading this thread!..lol Here's hoping you bring B5 back with a vengance!

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Raiden View Post
        Hey JMS! Hope your reading this thread!..lol Here's hoping you bring B5 back with a vengance!
        Brat. You forget though, that if he reads it elsewhere, that *guarantees* that he won't be writing it. Remember how we almost didn't get "Passing Through Gethsemane".

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I never knew Passing through..Gethsmane (not sure if I spelt it right) was close to not happening! Interesting!!

Comment

'Tis true. JMS had been working on the script when a fan, not meaning any harm, made a post wondering what would happen if a mind-wiped criminal remembered his past. That put a spike in the episode until the fan provided a notarized release. One of the many items in the recent "Artifacts from Beyond the Rim" book was the actual release.

It's been often expressed that people thing JMS is too cautious but IMO, he's right to be. Entire books and many other things have been nixed by publishers etc. due to fan fiction and the like that was too close to something a writer was doing.

Jan

Comment

Is it too much to make a suggestion? Like I've been asking for a Dilgar War movie for a long time. Also, I'd love a Valen movie. Do they count as story ideas?
              "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
              "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

^^ No, those aren't detailed enough to count as story ideas. It can be a fine line but this might help:

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/resour...ory-ideas.html

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Raiden View Post
                  Exactly Compound Fracture, Babylon 5 the next generation, is what it should be, a new space station, in the memory of the legendary stations before it, ...
                  No Babylon 6.
                  At the end of SiL it was stated that B5 was the last of the Babylon stations, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me.
                  What's up Drakh?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                    No Babylon 6.
                    At the end of SiL it was stated that B5 was the last of the Babylon stations, if my memory isn't playing tricks on me.
                    It's not.

Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon
                    stations.
                    (beat)
                    There would never be another.
                    Jan

Comment

Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                      No Babylon 6.
                      Not to mention the opening narrations of the pilot (Londo Mollari):

... Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. This is its story.

Season 1 (Jeffrey Sinclair):

... This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258.
                      The name of the place is Babylon 5.

And season 2 (John Sheridan):

... This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259.
                      The name of the place is Babylon 5.
                      The Optimist: The glass is half full
                      The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
                      The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Hello old friend.

Example of successful business on the Internet. http://firstmoneyblog.blogspot.com

Comment

My guess:

The year is 1260. The place, Babylon 4.

Last edited by David Panzer; 03-08-2011, 10:34 PM.
                          RIP Coach Larry Finch
                          Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
                          Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

*lol* How could I have forgotten about the opening narrations... *shakeshead*

The year is 1260. The place, Babylon 4.
                            Oh my! For some peculiar reason I suddenly have picture in my brain of Sinclair meets Doctor Who...
                            What's up Drakh?

Comment

Well, there was about 15 or so (maybe 18) years in between Objects At Rest and Sleeping in Light, JMS could put a lot in that period, if he wanted.

Dilgar War. It'll be a prequel to the prequel. (In The Begining wasn't really a prequel but it did fill in a lot of background and was still a great movie, plus it showed more of the future!)

I'd say more but I don't want it to turn into a story idea.
                              "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
                              "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Go on, sneak one in, see if Jan's here
                                I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

Working...
                                X