No announcement yet.

April's announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking it is going to be the Graphic Novel which is a sequel to World Without End. My hope is he is giving someone permission to write the PSI Corp War. I will ask Bruce and Mira when I see them in March.

Comment

Hi lotjx, and welcome!

At NY Comic-Con last year, JMS was asked a couple of times if there were any B5 comics or graphic novels in the works and he said that there weren't.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Thank you and that sucks. If its not that then I am wondering if its Blu-Ray.

Comment

I'm feeling like a major wet blanket here, but JMS has said a few times now that Blu-Ray isn't likely since it would require re-doing all of the effects shots.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by lotjx View Post
            I am thinking it is going to be the Graphic Novel which is a sequel to World Without End. My hope is he is giving someone permission to write the PSI Corp War. I will ask Bruce and Mira when I see them in March.
            Do you mean "War Without End"? If so that's covered in Peter David's Centauri trilogy novels.
            "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
            "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

The rumor, I saw was about Mars, Valen and Sheridan. I am thinking it has something to do with the Mars Food Riots that parallels Valen leading the Shadows. I think I read it might have something to do with the ISA meeting a new race. It was supposed to be released in 2007.

Comment

Once upon a time the game folks at Mongoose wanted to do some graphic novels but DC laid claim and that was the end of that.

Several (over 5, probably more like 7) years ago JMS said he was working on a 100-page graphic novel but never gave any information about the subject to my knowledge.

Jan

Comment

So the mystery remains as to what will the announcement be....

Comment

I missed something here, which probably is given away in the title. Is there supposed to be a B5 related announcement?
                    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Since last year when JMS has been asked about anything new in the B5 universe in the future, he's been saying, "Ask me after April." So we do as all good B5 fans do: We speculate endlessly and hope a lot.

Jan

Comment

The anticipation is killing me. This just has to be something good. We've waited and hoped for so long. A new TV series would be my first choice. I fear that a full-length feature film would not be successful, but I have no idea. A new TV series though - ala what Next Generation did for the Trek franchise - could be the ticket to bigger and better things.

Comment

Exactly Compound Fracture, Babylon 5 the next generation, is what it should be, a new space station, in the memory of the legendary stations before it, ie Babylon 4 and Babylon 5, or at least some sort of spin-off from the series, as I have said before, the B5 universe has a hell of a lot more left in it yet, before you can say ..."And thats a wrap"

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Raiden View Post
                            Exactly Compound Fracture, Babylon 5 the next generation, is what it should be, a new space station, in the memory of the legendary stations before it, ie Babylon 4 and Babylon 5, or at least some sort of spin-off from the series, as I have said before, the B5 universe has a hell of a lot more left in it yet, before you can say ..."And thats a wrap"
                            Sorry to be a 'second' wet blanket...but how would a second Babylon type station fit into the story structure that we already have? With the ISA taking over the duties of B5 and what it stood for...how would this new station fit? What would it actually do?
                            http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                            Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                            47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Well it was just a suggestion really, just threw an idea out there, in terms of the technicalities of how it would fit in the canon, well that would have to be sorted out, but even if its not a new B5 station, Anything to do with the Interstellar Alliance or some sort of spin-off as I said, would be great!

Comment

Legend of the Rangers would have been the easiest story to tell dealing with the ISA. Crusade is more of an Earth based story and I do think at least one of the arcs if it had gone on would have been a showdown with the ISA at some point either through Garibaldi, Delenn or Sheridan. We do know they were planning on the Bester/Garibaldi story going through Crusade with maybe Michael has an antagonist to seem degree. Even the opening with the Drazi getting in Gideon's face showed me that they were planting seeds for something down the road for the Excalibur crew to go against the White Star fleet.

Rangers would have shown us where the ISA was I think ten years into the future. Its just a shame that there was so many problems with the movie that Syfy bailed on it. How you screw up a show about the Rangers is beyond me? If you were to do another B5 show you can go a variety of different ways.

1. You can reboot the series with a younger cast something JMS wanted to do with Trek which did work. However, unlike original series Star Trek, B5 has a strong story and once you tell that story its hard to retell it again and still be surprised. It also helped Star Trek told a story that was not told on screen ie how Kirk got the Enterprise.

2. You can hire Tracy back as well as Stephen back and do the show about the station. People can guest star and they can work on Vir fighting the Drahk on Centauri Prime as well as maybe finishing Crusade. Or you hire Tracy back for one episode, kill her and give the command to someone else. It also explains why she was not at the table during Sleeping in Light.

3. You fast foward the show 500 years into the future where Marcus comes out of the coma. There is a no dark threat and they rebuild the station and maybe John as well as Delenn come back From the Rim as the Minbari prophesied.

4. You do a few Mini Series like Torchwood: Children of Earth like the Telepath War, the Drahk War, Marcus coming back and so on. Hopefully you won't need to puke and take a shower or do both at the same time like Children of Earth. It cuts cost and makes it less of a risk. Farscape: Peace Keeper's War did great ratings for Syfy.

5. You do the first Shadow War. Get Sinclair, Zathras and Kosh back. Get Peter to play the first Mollari Emperor. To bad, Andreas is gone, he would be a great G'Quan. Sadly, without any humans, it probably won't do well.

Personally, I think the mini-series is the best way to go. Its easier to get produce due to less cost and most of the B5 stories we want to see like the Telepath War and Crusade can be done in a few nights. I do think we should not get our hopes up since for all we know, it might be something very small.

Comment

Working...
                                X