• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Delenn_of_Mir View Post
    A weapon against the shadows?
    No, against Talia. If the recording were intended to restore her personality, I don't think terror and the rest would have been the emotions to do it. That's why I figured it would be a weapon.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Delenn_of_Mir
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    A lot of people have said over the years that the data crystal was suppose to be used to restore Talia but my feeling is that it was always to be used as a weapon.

The part of Abbut was written for Gilbert Gottfried but he wasn't available.

Jan

A weapon against the shadows? I wish we could have seen a resolution for that arc. I liked Abbutt too, he was funny.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Babel-17 View Post
    Could he have been used to restore Talia's personality?
    A lot of people have said over the years that the data crystal was suppose to be used to restore Talia but my feeling is that it was always to be used as a weapon.

The part of Abbut was written for Gilbert Gottfried but he wasn't available.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Babel-17
    replied
    Could he have been used to restore Talia's personality? Huh, I just now learned he wasn't played by Harlan Ellison. For some reason I had it in my head that it was him.

http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Abbut

(Damn those implanted memories!)

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    You know who I'd like to know more about? Abbut. I just liked him. I don't think he was ever meant to come back, and calling him a Vicr. If B5 were made today, would he be called a Bluer? At least they didn't call him a Betamax.

Leave a comment:

• Babel-17
    replied
    1) Thanks!

2) That was a fast response.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Here's the link to the B5 books site:
    http://www.cafepress.com/b5books

The thread about it is down in the Scripts forum but a lot of us are only just getting them now.

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36619

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Babel-17
    replied
    I'm reading on another forum about a new book, here's the link that was posted.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....e-d4ae529a824a

What's the skinny? Is there a thread here about this?

Leave a comment:

• Sinclair's Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by calloutdrummer1247 View Post
    I think I much rather have a star trek combadge :-D

come to think of it a watch phone would be better cause it's on your wrist and not on your clothes.
    I realise I'm probably in the minority here, but my favourite Trek has always been Star Trek - The Motion Picture. I particularly enjoy the design styles and costumes of the film, including... wrist-worn communicators!

Here's a picture I found on Google...

Leave a comment:

• calloutdrummer1247
    replied
    I think I much rather have a star trek combadge :-D

come to think of it a watch phone would be better cause it's on your wrist and not on your clothes.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger 6 and 7/8
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
    Has anyone seen the watch phone commercial? Neat little montage from spy/sci-fi shows, including two from B5 (both Sinclair).

It's unfortunate that the ad is misleading, though. The deal costs $300 and isn't independent; it is a glorified and upgraded bluetooth worn on your wrist.
    Yeah, it's the new Samsung Galaxy Gear Watch. While a step in the right direction, I'm not comfortable either. Though with a little more R&D, a watch size phone would be a feasible alternative. Maybe the watch companies will kick in with some of the mobile phone makers to get something going.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Has anyone seen the watch phone commercial? Neat little montage from spy/sci-fi shows, including two from B5 (both Sinclair).

It's unfortunate that the ad is misleading, though. The deal costs $300 and isn't independent; it is a glorified and upgraded bluetooth worn on your wrist.

Leave a comment:

• Sinclair's Fan
    replied
    Been heavily into B5 - Crusade again recently. Damn them for aborting this little baby. "Damn them all to Hell!" - George Taylor.

Its been years and I'm still p!$$ed-off about it. Can't imagine what JMS went through....

And I was looking forward to seeing Excalibur cropping up in episodes of Legends of the Rangers..., and then that didn't happen either!

Anyway! Does anyone know, (perhaps from the script books?), what Captain Gideon's Explorer-Class ship was called please? It was seen in War Zone....

Cheers!
    Last edited by Sinclair's Fan; 10-01-2013, 06:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jonas
    replied
    Originally posted by calloutdrummer1247 View Post
    I've been wondering. In the episode where Garibaldi lead Sheridan into a trap in season 4, did Garibaldi also help beat up Sheridan? Or did he just stand by and watch the baddies beat the crap out of the Captain?
    He just sits there.

Leave a comment:

• calloutdrummer1247
    replied
    I've been wondering. In the episode where Garibaldi lead Sheridan into a trap in season 4, did Garibaldi also help beat up Sheridan? Or did he just stand by and watch the baddies beat the crap out of the Captain?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X