No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 - DVD Movie Collection thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing that really annoys me is that the cover is the same color as season 2,it doest look good when i put them all for display
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

the color is lighter than S2. its a teal color.

I just listen to most of the commentary for "In the Beginning" and the part I found curious, is when they were discussing about the console being projected on Sheridans face, JMS said he didnt mind the static, but the lines that appear got annoying cuz he paid attention to that more. and they (jokingly) said to vote if you liked the projection on the face or not and send your votes to WB. I think we should vote on here!! I actually did like the console being projected onto their faces it was really cool and it didnt bother me at all. What does everyone else think?
      "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Originally posted by WorkerCaste
        Boy, am I envious of all you who are burning through the set. I've got it, but I won't be able to even start watching until the weekend! Ah well, at least I can live vicariously through others! Enjoy!
        You can't be so envious as those of us that unfortunately can't buy this for the time being...
        But I'll get them one of these days... in the meantime I live the vicarious happiness.
        Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
        James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

I have an excellent tip for the B5 DVD Movie Collections.

During a stroll through stormy downtown today, I noticed at one point that my backpack had come completely undone. Annoyed and slightly embarrassed, I paused on the side walk to zip and fasten, then resumed walking in deep thought.

Upon arriving at home 5 hours later, I re-open only to discover - HOLY SHIT I JUST LOST MY B5 DVD COLLECTION!!!

Let this be a lesson to you folks. Hopefully my sacrifice will not have been in vain....
          Last edited by CRONAN; 08-19-2004, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRONAN
            Upon arriving at home 5 hours later, I re-open only to discover - HOLY SHIT I JUST LOST MY ENTIRE B5 DVD COLLECTION!!!
            Oh, man, that just sucks.

Just the movies, or the whole 5 seasons too?

That's so terrible I'm not even going to make the obligatory "fasten, then zip" joke.

FP

Comment

Ooh. Sorry to hear it.

Anyways, watching River of Souls, I found a CGI error.

In the final, climatic scene, Garibaldi dives out of the way after trying to talk to Bryson. When they are talking behind the machinery next, Bryson is visible in the upper right corner. They forgot to add the CGI in, you can plainly see Ian McShane sitting there, with just the glowing soul globe.
              "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

Upon arriving at home 5 hours later, I re-open only to discover - HOLY SHIT I JUST LOST MY ENTIRE B5 DVD COLLECTION!!!
                . . . man, when I got mine at best buy, I held onto mine and made sure I could see it. I would have probably had my backpack in front of me when I was walking, but I am so leary of taking them anywhere . . . I have a hard time taking them out of my house!
                "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Well, as of yet I've only gotten my hands on the first three seasons, and none of the discs lost contained eps that I hadn't seen many times before, so it wasn't a huge loss.

I've found that, much better than watching old b5 eps, its the new ones that shine.
                  Last edited by CRONAN; 08-19-2004, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
                    You can't be so envious as those of us that unfortunately can't buy this for the time being...
                    But I'll get them one of these days... in the meantime I live the vicarious happiness.
                    Yep, no more whining from me. Please forgive.
                    "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Well, as of yet I've only gotten my hands on the first three seasons, and none of the discs lost contained eps that I hadn't seen many times before, so it wasn't a huge loss.

I've found that, much better than watching old b5 eps, its the new ones that shine.
                      Sorry to hear about your loss anyway. Huge loss? Maybe not. But a loss of a favorite posession hurts anyway.

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I bought the box set yesterday and I'm seeing the movies for the first time. Saw THE GATHERING yesterday and this morning I watched part of THE BEGINNING. THE BEGINNING filled in alot of loose ends for me. I really enjoyed that. Tonight I will watch the rest of it and start on RIVER OF SOULS.

Now I am anxiously awaiting THE MEMORY OF SHADOWS which I hope JMS will start filming very soon. I think he may start next year being that he is in the process of rewriting/reorganizing the story.
                        The Eagle stood erect on the Mountain watched the ships arrive.

Comment

Normally when I get a new DVD set, I watch through everything once and then do a second trip through watching with the commentaries. With the B5 movie set, I've gone with with the commentaries right off and will watch the movies without the commentaries more leisurely later on. As of this afternoon, I only have ACTA left to watch. Of the commentaries, I think I'm tied between ITB and ROS being the most enjoyable. Thirdspace's commentary was least enjoyable so far, mostly because it felt like they were talking at the same time so often; I know that the cast commentaries on the series sets were the same, but for some reason this time it got to me more than the others had before.

Comment

<<You can't be so envious as those of us that unfortunately can't buy this for the time being...
                            But I'll get them one of these days... in the meantime I live the vicarious happiness.>>

We need to start up a Capt. Montoya B5 Movie Collection fund. We have about 20 core posters...everyone give two bucks and he will have enough to buy it off of Amazon.
                            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

<<Well, as of yet I've only gotten my hands on the first three seasons, and none of the discs lost contained eps that I hadn't seen many times before, so it wasn't a huge loss.>>

Mike Nelson (paraphrased): But your planet is destroyed and you're all alone in the galaxy. That sucks, huh?
                              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I don't get into the commentaries while watching an episode unless there is some inforamtion I am looking for. As for the movies, I will stay away from the commentaries because I don't want it to color how I feel about the story while I'm watching.

So far I watched THE BEGINNING and THIRDSPACE. These are very high quality movies! Too bad they were not in the theatres. I really really enjoyed both of them.

Over the weekend I will watch RIVER OF SOULS and CALL TO ARMS.

The storyline of THIRDSPACE is really fantastically good. I love the tie-in with the Vorlons.

I love the fact that JMS is letting out only a mattering of information about the Vorlons and basically keeping them a great great mystery.
                                The Eagle stood erect on the Mountain watched the ships arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                X