No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 - DVD Movie Collection thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have ROS and ACTA to watch,ill leave them for tomorrow.
    Very cool comenteries on TS indeed,made me ROFL a few times
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar
      You watched a commentary?

Ok, I've gotta know how you watched a sound ... Details!
      One word: Captions!

Another word? OK: Subtitles!

(I use either of them all the time, saves me from rewinding in those bits where you're not that sure what they said.)
      Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
      James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Originally posted by LightStorm
        COOOOL! Mine arrived today, yes way over here in the good old U. of K. Tough luck for me though....I'll have to wait unitl the weekend to watch any of it ...because my girlfriend wants to watch it with me!
        My wife just called me at work -- my copy just arrived! Earliest I can get to them is tomorrow night (work and then fighter practice this evening).

She is undoubtedly watching them right now (to "make sure they work", really...).

FP

Comment

UPS delivered my set at 1:39 pm EST ... and here I am at work, with no dvd player ... Come on, 5 pm!
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by FuryPilot
            My wife just called me at work -- my copy just arrived! Earliest I can get to them is tomorrow night (work and then fighter practice this evening).

She is undoubtedly watching them right now (to "make sure they work", really...).

FP
            So, you get the "I just wanted to see if they played ok..." line as well do you? And I thought it was just me! My gal is very good to me though, jokes aside. She bought me season 3 as a present when it came out, so I am NOT going to complain. She really took to B5 and now the gal I love loves B5 - I can't lose!

Sweet...
            http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
            Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
            47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Originally posted by LightStorm
              So, you get the "I just wanted to see if they played ok..." line as well do you? And I thought it was just me! My gal is very good to me though, jokes aside. She bought me season 3 as a present when it came out, so I am NOT going to complain. She really took to B5 and now the gal I love loves B5 - I can't lose!

Sweet...
              Yeah, she's been using this excuse since the Season 1 DVDs came out (when one of the disks was mislabeled and was actually a copy of one of the other DVDs).

Hreh, my wife was the one that taped every ep while I was traveling on business -- no matter when it was on that week. This set is my anniversary present.

Off to put on armor and hit people!

FP

Comment

When I get home from work, I am going to post my insane story about buying the (or trying to buy) the set. It would make a great episode of Seinfeld.
                Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

K, so I go to Wal-Mart around 11:15 Monday night, because sometimes I can find a cool person who will go in back and get me a new release. But I groaned when I saw the "painted-on eyebrow lady," who has the IQ of a blueberry and resembles one, only scaled up a few millions times. I've had experiences with her before.

So I ask her if she can find out if the Babylon 5 Movie Set is in back. So she takes me to the aisle and points to this flap that has release dates. There are four under 8/17. None are B5, so I tell her that I don't think every release will be on there. She then tells me "they put them out after midnight" and walks off.

So I laugh and go read magazines for a while, come back and ask her again. So she radios "the guy" and he tells her he is busy, but will check. I wait. Fifteen minutes. I ask her again. The guy says he is on the way. He also asks her for the name of the DVD again.

He radios her back...telling her to call 911. He found a prone woman on the way to the back. She calls 911. I am standing there. She starts relaying questions from 911 to the guy on the radio...and then the answers back to 911. She then gets a bright idea and tells 911 to talk to the guy, and she puts the radio to the phone. Obviously, that did not work. So after 100 more questions, they let her go. I see some EMT's walking as slow as they can several aisles away towards the back. The lady tells me that the guy will be busy, as he will NOT leave the prone woman in that condition. There are EMT's there! So I wait a few more minutes, then she comes up to me and says "I am sorry. I don't know what else to tell you."

I felt like saying "Can...YOU go check????"

But no...I left...and headed to the other Wal-Mart. I went straight to the electronics, asked the stocker, he checked his boxes, then went in back and came out and said nope. I graciously thanked him and he asked why I thanked him for telling me he didn't have it. I told him at least I knew now.

So I got up the next morning and simply went to Best Buy.

I am sending this to Jerry Seinfeld. It could work with a DVD, a video game, whatever.

The things we do for B5...
                  Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

LOL,thats why all shopping and i mean all of it should be done on the net,but we are not there yet

Comment

managed to get the only copy from circuit city buuuuuut! 2 of the dvd's were loose in the box and had scratche's. i tested them out on my xbox and pc, and they seem to work fine. Im still a little irked that the scratches are there though.

Comment

I watched River of Souls last night with the commentary by JMS, Janet Greek and Tracy Scoggins and I think it's probably the best so far. Each of them really seemed to appreciate what the others contributed to the movie and they seemed to be having fun, too.

Jan
                        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Boy, am I envious of all you who are burning through the set. I've got it, but I won't be able to even start watching until the weekend! Ah well, at least I can live vicariously through others! Enjoy!
                          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                            I watched River of Souls last night with the commentary by JMS, Janet Greek and Tracy Scoggins and I think it's probably the best so far. Each of them really seemed to appreciate what the others contributed to the movie and they seemed to be having fun, too.

Jan
                            It was good,but TS commenteries were better i really laughed out loud on that one

Comment

SO anybody find any easter eggs?

The only thing I found is that in the special features and languages if you click next you get a different promo picture.
                              Marco

Comment

No easter eggs

Comment

Working...
                                X