Babylon 5 - DVD Movie Collection thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon 5 - DVD Movie Collection thread

Instead of having lots of topics about the new DVD box,i think its better to post all our thoughts,questions and answers about the new box in here.

I think im going to get the box as early as today (knock on wood).
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

I'll have to ask for it for my birthday I guess. After all, I bought the Mrs. a PS2 for hers.

"You are now what we need you to be..."

Comment

Well,i didn't get it yet,i knew it was too good to be true,i hope it will be here today

Comment

I'm looking B5 Movie Set extra promos

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbol...ing_qt_300.mov
        http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbol...ing_qt_300.mov
        http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbol...rms_qt_300.mov

who is the guy in second promo (in the beginning) with red shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Sigma

who is the guy in second promo (in the beginning) with red shirt?
          That's John Copeland. He's appeared in several of the interview portions on the DVD sets. He, Doug Netter and JMS were the three top honchos on B5.

Thanks for the links, BTW. Can't wait to get my set today!! According to the UPS tracking it's here in town....

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Oops! The really red shirt you meant, right? That's Mike Vejar, the director that JMS was speaking so highly of. I recognize his voice from the commentary he did with JMS on the 'Face of the Enemy' episode.

Sorry for the first reply....

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Thanks.

btw i think there are also Thirdspace and Rivers of Souls promos, but i don't know what filename they use. Thats how i got the ItB and ACtA promo links - logic, i only knew tG url.

Comment

I received 'em from Amazon today. Of course, i watched the ItB commentary as the first thing. Two things struck me:
                1. JMS knew when he wrote the Londo soliloquy on the humans fighting without hope that this was the best stuff he would write for the series.
                2. JMS was using Stalingrad has his historical example for this desperate resistance against the odds ("when they rans out of ships," etc). I thought the same thing when I watched it. It is really something to see a writer with an actual grasp of history at work.

Actually, there was a third thing that might strike some: JMS went out of his way to involve Mike Vejar in the commentary, something JMS isn't used to having to do, being solo on the bulk of the commentaries on the series.

I sure wish there was an actor commentary for this one, though. I would love to have learned how the actors felt about playing people 15 years younger than they were used to.
                I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

You watched a commentary?

Ok, I've gotta know how you watched a sound ... Details!
                  "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Originally posted by OmahaStar
                    You watched a commentary?

Ok, I've gotta know how you watched a sound ... Details!
                    Wiseass.
                    Radhil Trebors
                    Persona Under Construction

Comment

Ok im holding it now in my hands..mmuuahahah :P
                      ok be back later

Comment

The link for thirdspace

It is basicaly the same thing, but I can't seem to get river of souls to work.

http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbol...ace_qt_300.mov[URL=http://raincloud.warnerbros.com/wbol/us/whv/med/babylon5/movies/b5_third_space_qt_300.mov]
                        "You are between", Lorien

Comment

Just finished watching TG,ITB and TS....i really enjoyed them,specially TS since i haven't watched it for so long,will take a short break and will watch ROS and ACTA later

Comment

I watched ThirdSpace, and Call to Arms Last night.

Thirdspace has the major cast commentary with Boxleitner, Tallman, the Director, Furst and Zack.

Indeed, you can here people talk more when Jerry Doyle isn't talking over them.
                            "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

COOOOL! Mine arrived today, yes way over here in the good old U. of K. Tough luck for me though....I'll have to wait unitl the weekend to watch any of it ...because my girlfriend wants to watch it with me! I'd say that that's 50% sweet and 50% infuriating! I have no one to blame but myself as I got here into B5 in the 1st place. OH well....talk about a rod for your own back! Has anybody foud any easter eggs yet?
                              http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                              Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                              47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Working...
                              X