New B5 Episode Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New B5 Episode Reviews

Found this over at FirstOnes.com and quite enjoyed this first one of "Passing Through Gethsemane":

http://www.blip.tv/file/4542811

Need I say: Spoilers if you follow the link?

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Is that for season 5?

Comment

"Passing Through Gethsemane" is the fourth episode of season three. Brad Douriff guest stars as a monk.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Oh right,

I thought that title sounded familar, from seeing so much of B5 episodes lately I got lost what was where!...lol..

Comment

It's one of my favorite episodes. In the recent "Artifacts from Beyond the Rim" book the affidavit release from the fan who'd accidentally posted a similar story idea was pictured.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            It's one of my favorite episodes. In the recent "Artifacts from Beyond the Rim" book the affidavit release from the fan who'd accidentally posted a similar story idea was pictured.

Jan
            Yes, I love that episode . . .

"forgiveness is such a hard ting , is it not ?"

I anything a heavily mythological episode, in a good way, if not very arc-heavy . . .

good performances all over
            Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

It's an incredible episode, and my wife's favourite episode of B5.
              Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

I agree, its a teriffic episode, both well written and acted.

I'm listening to the review and its not what I expected, but its really good. Look forward to hearing what he does for the other episodes.
                I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

Originally posted by I, Zathras View Post
                  I'm listening to the review and its not what I expected, but its really good. Look forward to hearing what he does for the other episodes.
                  Not what I'd expected, either. I didn't realize the reviewer was already familiar with the entire show.

I haven't listened to the death of personality segment yet. How's it?

Jan

Comment

He takes that a lot more seriously, talks about different opinions of corporal punishment. It's quite thought provoking, as it should be and as B5 always is, but its quite heavy. I didn't hear the end of it as my PC packed up briefly, but its worth a listen and to have a read of the comments beneath it.
                    I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

It would have been good if it was J.M.S providing a critique on his own work or something, or providing commentary on how such and such scene came about any funny antidotes etc....

Comment

I loved his commentaries on the DVDs and could have wished for one on each episode. The script books did a great job, though. Anecdotes, gossip, minor scandals and lots and lots of info on writing and making TV. As the commercial says: Priceless!

Jan

Comment

As I don't have the DVD's...(yet) is there anywhere where clips of these commentaries can be seen??

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            I loved his commentaries on the DVDs and could have wished for one on each episode. The script books did a great job, though. Anecdotes, gossip, minor scandals and lots and lots of info on writing and making TV. As the commercial says: Priceless!

Jan
                            I totally agree. I just wish the commentaries on other series I have could have been just as informative.
                            Ranger Code

We walk in the places no others will enter.
                            We do not break away from combat.
                            We stand on the bridge and no one may pass.
                            We do not retreat whatever the reason.
                            We live for The One, we die for The One.

Comment

Working...
                            X