No announcement yet.

worst episodes of b5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite scene with Byron was the one where he was on fire. Would it have killed JMS to have him running around for a few minutes while burning yelling hot hot hot.

Comment

Cheers for the update Jan, I only heard about the script books after they had been published so missed out on them

Working through the Crusade books at the minute.

If he had been running around like that would he have turned into what he said Lita was: a brightly coloured, fast moving object?!?
      I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

Originally posted by Macbeth View Post
        My favourite scene with Byron was the one where he was on fire. Would it have killed JMS to have him running around for a few minutes while burning yelling hot hot hot.
        *ROFL* Good one!
        I hate everything Byron. Except for the sex scene with Lyta, since I would have loved to switch places with him there.

The worst episode for me was the one with Franklin and that rubber egg.
        Forgot the Title since I'd like to wipe the memory of that episode from my memory.
        What's up Drakh?

Comment

All the Telepath War episodes except for the one scene were Byron is doing his version of Michael Jackson's Pepsi commercial or Richard Pryor's running around the block.

All the episodes that dealt heavily with religion and episodes that had stupid characters like the one with the rubber egg in it.

The one that really gets my nerves is the one with Franklin's father in it. Being retired Navy myself, I found that episode a joke when Franklin's father is using military jargon (JMS should've consulted someone).

- You can't spit shine a billet because a billet is someone's position within a military organization on paper. You go to the billeting office for quarters/berthing but they aren't spit shined, they're field dayed. Only shoes are spit shined but everyone with military experience knows that isn't true because it's just a figure of speech.

- It is simply ludicrous to think you can take everyone off a ship for a few days and put them up in someone else's rooms on base. His reason of not having his men all cramped up on the ships for a few days while there is just stupid. They're going to be on those ships for months on end because that's what there job is.

- Garibaldi getting involved with Dodger, the female Marine could have been written better, again JMS should've gotten advice. With Garibaldi being a Chief Warrant Officer and Dodger a Private First Class is nothing but a headache because there is just too much separation in paygrade for that to happen in one scenario. The other scenario would be that they act like minks and go about their business when their business is done instead of Michael getting all wheepy about seeing Dodger because he still has feelings for Lise.

There are some others but these are all I can remember right now.
          Ranger Code

We walk in the places no others will enter.
          We do not break away from combat.
          We stand on the bridge and no one may pass.
          We do not retreat whatever the reason.
          We live for The One, we die for The One.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFourtyTwo View Post
            - Garibaldi getting involved with Dodger, the female Marine could have been written better, again JMS should've gotten advice.
            JMS didn't write GROPOS. Larry DiTillio did. And Garibaldi was supposed to bed Dodger except that Jerry Doyle lobbied against it because A) Marie Marshall was an ex-girlfriend of Doyle's and B) he was in a real-life relationship with Andrea Thompson who played Talia Winters.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnFourtyTwo View Post
              All the episodes that dealt heavily with religion and episodes that had stupid characters like the one with the rubber egg in it.
              So, like, the whole show?
              Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                So, like, the whole show?
                That particular episode not the entire show/series. There are only a small handfull of episodes I don't like due mainly to heavy religious storylines not the occasional mention of the subject.

Personally I believe that Babylon 5 is the best science fiction series ever which caused me to buy then entire DVD series about seven years ago because I couldn't wait for the next shipment of DVDs from Netflix. Last year I bought a complete set for a friend of mine who's never seen an episode but was interested in it.

Currently I'm working on buying the soundtracks, novels, and JMS Scripts and other books. The soundtracks are done so I'm just waiting for all 30 of them to arrive in the mail which should be done by the end of the month and the books I'm working on tagging right now.

Sorry for talking so much, I haven't been here in almost three years due to my work in the Merchant Marines which takes me all over the world for months at a time just like being on deployment in the Navy.
                Ranger Code

We walk in the places no others will enter.
                We do not break away from combat.
                We stand on the bridge and no one may pass.
                We do not retreat whatever the reason.
                We live for The One, we die for The One.

Comment

It's always interesting to me that 'Believers' (the only one I can think of as having an egg in it) always ends up on both the Best Of and Worst Of lists that people make.

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    It's always interesting to me that 'Believers' (the only one I can think of as having an egg in it) always ends up on both the Best Of and Worst Of lists that people make.

Jan
                    I've noticed that, too. Interesting.
                    Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

Yeah, it is really interesting that. I think its a really good first look at Franklin and his own beliefs against those of other races. On that instance, you couldn't imagine him in a first contact situation!

The one episode from S1 I love with a religious touch, and the name escapes me at the moment, is the one where Sinclair introduces the alien ambassadors to those who represent the religious beliefs on Earth. I find that very clever and poignant.

JohnFourtyTwo - If you get the script books, put up a post to let me know where you got them please. Actually, anyone who knows, let me know. I know about Cafe Press, but missed the boat on that particular series
                      I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

Originally posted by I, Zathras View Post
                        The one episode from S1 I love with a religious touch, and the name escapes me at the moment, is the one where Sinclair introduces the alien ambassadors to those who represent the religious beliefs on Earth. I find that very clever and poignant.
                        The Parliament of Dreams. I liked that scene a lot, too.

JohnFourtyTwo - If you get the script books, put up a post to let me know where you got them please. Actually, anyone who knows, let me know. I know about Cafe Press, but missed the boat on that particular series
                        I,Zathras, you can still get in on the lottery to be able to buy a set. When the script books were going out of print, some were held back for customer service purposes in case of errors or problems with books after they were gone. Now that two years have passed, those sets are being released a few at a time. Check out http://www.babylon5scripts.com/lottery.htm if you're interested.

Jan
                        B5 Books Team member

Comment

Ah awesome, cheers Jan

Comment

Working...
                          X